GP2: Round 4 - Bahrain Grand Prix [18/05/14 - 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GP2: Round 4 - Bahrain Grand Prix [18/05/14 - 8:00pm]

• The AOR AWARDS 2018 are here! Vote to be in with a chance to win a copy of F12018

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Round 4 - Bahrain Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 18th May 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Bahrain International Circuit

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Current Standings

Track Guide:

Last edited by a moderator:

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
may have possibly found a cheeky setup for this track but i havent tried it in custom GP yet but im crossing everything hoping that it does work!!

Just a quick message for everybody also, i recently got myself some proper movie editing software (final cut pro for anyone who's interested) so if possible, when people are editing their vids could you try and keep as much footage in there as possible as i want to try and do something similar to what fisi does for F1. now it wont be as professional looking as fisi's F1 vids as im still trying to get used to it but it thought it would be nice if we had our own GP2 race highlights to watch rather than watch everyones vids indvidually (please say im not the only one that does that!! XD) also, if you're interested in being one of the commentators just let me know!!

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Sounds good mate :). If it's easier for you I could upload my full race and just send you the link? Then you can always use the highlights video I create anyway as a marker of where things happen on my screen - that just means that you can plug in any gaps in the action with me driving around? Up to you. I also wouldn't mind giving the commentary a go, except for the fact that i'm usually quite busy so probably won't be able to just due to time constraints.

It might also be worth giving Fisi a quick PM, just to see if he has any handy advice ;).

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
great idea neil!! if everybody can what neil suggested and have 2 uploads, 1 of the full race and 1 of your edited highlights that would make things a bit easier my end. i know a lot of you are quite quick when it comes to getting your vids up but if you are all up for this could you try and have highlights up by tuesday evening/night at the latest. obviously if you have family issues etc that stop you from uploading your vids just let me know so i dont end up hassling you haha.

i also noticed in final cut pro they've got some interesting features and i might try and do a driver intro like fisi just so people get to at least see who races in our division and to make sure just because people dont record dont mean theyll be forgotten about!!

thats alright neil, what i was gonna do with the commentary was have me as a commentator who's always there and then do special guests with drivers in our division just so everybody can have go and see how they like it.

brociek96

F1 1st Driver
Feb 13, 2014
Well, my aim is again to finish on the podium and hold the lead in the championship, good track for me ;)

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
well... I guess we know who'll win it then.

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
Just saw there's a probability for us to watch a GP2 highlights as what the F1 league is already doing ? It would be nice :biggrin:

RyanL83

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2014
Good to back after 2 weeks of doing 2 hour+ endurance races, Bahrain I'm not looking forward too as i find this boring as hell haha
I will be returning to recording my races which will help boost the planned highlights video that livingdead is planning :)

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
My PB is 1:31.7 lol, LET'S WIN THE RACE ! :lol:

F*cking track !

(i dont want a cookie)

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
I think it will be very hard to get under the 31' ... But I hope my race will be something like that :
- Start last
- Get some positions through the crash on T1
- Draft the fastest drivers
- Finish in the top 10

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
My best in qualifying is a 31.4, but my race pace is quite a bit better. Still going to be a tough race though, I am just hoping to avoid any incidents.

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
I expect to be struggling around here...

I don't seem to be able to get into the 1:29's

brociek96

F1 1st Driver
Feb 13, 2014
Nice understatement, on Sunday you´ll do a 1:29,7 or sth like that haha

Jason97F1

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2014
I seem pretty consistent around here so I'll be aiming for a podium I think, as long as a bollard or autospin kerb doesn't blow me up.

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
1:30.090 is my pb for the moment...