Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 1st June 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Monaco

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Current Standings

Track Guide:

Last edited by a moderator:

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Can do mid 11s in quali but in the race I am just utter crap can't say off the walls and I I'm crashing all over all a am aiming to do is just finish the race :)

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Comfortably my worst track on the calendar - don't think i've actually turned a wheel around here on this game but i've never been good at Monaco tbf. Both 1 lap pace and keeping it out of the wall.

Jan 16, 2014
To me instead Monte Carlo like so much I hope to make good points Sunday, 10.7 in qualifying I

Jason97F1

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Somehow did a 10.2 earlier, I love this track so I would love to challenge for the win but it'll be all about consistency in the race, looking forward to it!

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Never driven this track on this game and my wheel is still half broken - this race is gonna be fun.

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Did a 1:10.3 today but I'm really struggling with my pace for the moment.

haven't practiced race pace either...

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Just to clarify, i didnt force a move down to gp2 due to poor results and seeing an opportunity to score high in races. My mindset is too be in the f1 league or else why would i accept a move after 4 races in mid season in s7 and risk being relegated. It wasnt possible for me to race on the thumbstick due to the risk of taking guys out in the heavy braking zones due to inconsistency and feeling. At the time of moving to the triggers and being offered the gp2 spot as an alternative, i was 3-4 seconds off my team mate Rosberg. There was an opportunity to come into gp2 so i could learn effectively with them ie racing and i took it, rather than be last every race comfortably in f1 and tbh just lose motivation n enjoyment in the process. Thats just the choice i took that was offered to me. If the majority are unhappy about it then need be ill drop out, it is what it is. Regarding monaco i probs wont qually, sit at the back drive carefully and avoid crashing my car, hopefully score a point in the process. Silverstone onwards is where my season will turn around hopefully.

Jan 16, 2014
martin are very happy that you're with us in the past we had great duels and I hope to repeat more later. Instead I unfortunately can not seem to be the most competitive because I only have a little time to practice just a few hours before the race I have a small child and in the evening I can not play but makes me the same pleasure on Sunday to meet up with you all

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I know I'm a bit late with posting this (just got home after a few days away), but just want to remind about a few things for the Monaco race:

• Number one focus tonight has to be on keeping it clean and avoid contact with cars around you. Monaco is obviously a very challenging track to drive, so mistakes can happen from everyone, but don't let frustration or poor judgement lead to going for overly aggressive overtaking attempts as that will end in tears more likely than not. Basically, I would prefer to avoid seeing a crapload of stewards enquiries after tonight.

• Be mindful of lag. Especially if you tend to be regularly affected by connection issues or lag incidents, make sure you take extra care to not stay too close to the back of the car in front. Leave a reasonable amount of space to make the chance of potential lag contact as little as possible.

• No rage-quitting. Monaco can be an extremely frustrating race, especially if you end up losing your front wing, which is likely around here, but please keep your head calm and avoid rage-quitting as this is against the rules and will lead to penalty points. Especially destroying your car on purpose is especially serious as this could bring out the safety car for a reason that shouldn't have been necessary. The only reason we'll accept for quitting is that you feel you are a danger to other drivers due to not being able to drive the track properly.

• Be mindful of a potential safety car. Some of us may not have much experience with the safety car on this game, but it could be likely to appear in Monaco at some point, at which point make sure you stay focused. Especially if you are the car in the lead, make sure you keep a safe distance to the safety car, and avoid backing up the field too much at the restart.

With that said, I hope you have a great race and that you'll enjoy the challenge of the most difficult circuit on the calendar!

ZxXAZZAXxZ

Formula Karter
Feb 16, 2014
Very ridiculous we got split into two seperate lobbys about lap ten so me martin jason depleted and living dead are all gonna end up with dnfs for the stupid game

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
I don't have a bloody clue what went on there

anyway... The Weirdest race I've ever done on the game..

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
and yeah, we really need to sort thes connection issues...

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Hope there is a solution to benefit the majority. Very very frustrating for me as I felt at least 2nd place was in the bag. I was having a great dual with Jason who had a great pace trying to maintain a 2 second gap. IMO this race should be rescheduled or postponed as many have been robbed strong points. But these things happen I guess, looking forward to whatever's next.

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I completely appreciate you guys are peeved - let's not forget I lagged out last week - but i've been busting my balls trying to figure out what the best solution is when Blue can't host. If you haven't noticed i've taken steps to try and improve things after each race where there has been a problem, stretching back to when Ryan hosted Bahrain.

Now based on what has happened so far this season and considering that Blue was still unable to host (as it happened he was unable to even race tonight) I felt that my next best shout was livingdead. Now I based that on the fact that I spent all of season 7 with him and not once saw him disconnect or lag, and the fact that over the last few troublesome weeks he'd always had the best connection according to the bars we get in the lobby. Given all that, I think it was a reasonable conclusion to come to that he'd have the next best connection to try hosting with.

Now I came to that conclusion on Wednesday, so DAYS before the race, not HOURS. I also spoke with administrators about my decision and they agreed with me that it was worth going ahead with Luke as host.

I think we all need to realise that there will always be connection issues with this league. Figure it out, we have about a third of the grid who do not live in the UK, and most of the people that are from the UK do not have particularly strong connections. Put that together with the fact that we all know how terrible this game is at dealing with lag, it's inevitable there will always be problems. Everyone now needs to accept that fact so that we can move forward and make the best of the situation that we are in. And believe me when I say i'm doing whatever I can at my end to minimise those problems by trying to arrange the best lobby host.

On that fact, Blue will be able to resume his hosting duties for the next race at Silverstone. So hopefully normal service should be resumed.

As for this race, I have now opened dialogue with the administrators about whether this race should get re-run. The rules clearly state that a race can be re-started when there is a mass disconnection (i.e. 50% or more of the grid disconnects at the same time), but of our 13-car grid there were 5 casualties which does not constitute a mass disconnection. Therefore the 8 of us that remained in the lobby were obligated to complete the race. Given that I had previously voiced concerns about whether we should run the race without Blue hosting i'm happy to have that conversation with the administrators to canvass their thoughts but can I ask please that whatever the outcome of that is that nobody b!tches and whines about it but instead understands that I am caught between a rock and a hard place but am still trying my best to ensure an enjoyable league for all of us.

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
Well, I made an insane quali, and I scored big points with my result. But i'm actually not verry happy with that race, what a shame we were only 7 to finish the race due to a massive dsc.
IMO this race should be rescheduled or postponed as many have been robbed strong points.
I agree, but it would be a bit unfair to pelosgt (or Ellis) who won the race

Jan 16, 2014
I am committed to bring home the victory that seemed almost impossible looking at the social but with a lot of luck and a good guide is arrived. Now, however, at the same time I see so many people complain about my victory and I do not'm enjoying sin ...... I hope that after so much effort the race is not to redo nda disconnections unfortunately captain for example to me until now I have happened in all colors and I never said anything about this hope that we think well;)

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Of course they'll be slightly aggrieved. I don't know, I'm more frustrated with the game and obv losing out on strong points. Whatever happens ill support the decision, it's a near impossible to please everyone to be fair due to poor connections and a terrible game haha.