GP2: Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [01/06/14 - 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GP2: Round 6 - Monaco Grand Prix [01/06/14 - 8:00pm]

• The AOR AWARDS 2018 are here! Vote to be in with a chance to win a copy of F12018

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
tbh i did say to neil when he first asked me about this that when i hosted a social for spain i dsc'd just before the race start so i werent to sure how my connection would hold up. also, in the lobby it seemed that everybody with a mic (now i know everyone here doesnt use mics due to different nationalities) was ok with the decision that if there were any problems we would postpone the race and re run it when blues back. now i know this would suck for the people that finished the race especially pelos but for 5 people to dsc all at the same time i would class that as a big problem. and before anybody says oh but you dsc'd you would say that, even if i would have finished 1st (you might really have to use your imagination for that 1 lads :p) i would still have the same opinion of postponing the race as i find it a bit harsh that 5 guys through no fault of their own lost the opportunity of gaining any points but we'll see what happens and what decision gets made

TRL Axeman

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 6, 2014
thelivingdead69;n48737 said:
tbh i did say to neil when he first asked me about this that when i hosted a social for spain i dsc'd just before the race start so i werent to sure how my connection would hold up. also, in the lobby it seemed that everybody with a mic (now i know everyone here doesnt use mics due to different nationalities) was ok with the decision that if there were any problems we would postpone the race and re run it when blues back. now i know this would suck for the people that finished the race especially pelos but for 5 people to dsc all at the same time i would class that as a big problem. and before anybody says oh but you dsc'd you would say that, even if i would have finished 1st (you might really have to use your imagination for that 1 lads :p) i would still have the same opinion of postponing the race as i find it a bit harsh that 5 guys through no fault of their own lost the opportunity of gaining any points but we'll see what happens and what decision gets made
  • the rules clearly state that 50% of the lobby have to lag out for a restart or postpone. 5 out of 13 is not 50%
  • me and neil didnt demand a restart when we got disconnected last week. if i had lagged out of monaco i would have been annyoyed but accepted that it wouldnt get restarted unless 50% lagged out
  • also i think it should be a rule that you have to have your mic in whether you speak english or not it wont be difficult to understand when there is lag or an incident even if they dont speak english.

Jan 14, 2014
Having some bad luck this season which combined with being off the pace anyway isn't helping matters. Of the six races so far I've disconnected from two (BAH, MON), been unable to attend two (MAL, ESP) and in the two races I have finished (AUS, CHI) I've been too slow anyway.

Can only go forwards this season for me from here, lol.

Shame about last night - I do love Monaco. Despite not being able to qualify because I disconnected from qualy too, but I appreciate the mods are working hard on the connection issues.

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
I will be very annoyed if this race gets re-raced not just because I won or anything I got 2 pens due to people lagging into me and by the looks of it them pens won't be taken off the rules state 50% or more I do feel sorry for the people who lagged out like Martin because he was in the lead and Jason who was in second and the only reason I won was because they lagged out if this race does get re run I will not be taking part in it

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Yep, don't think there will be a chance anyways to restart monaco, tbh I'm cool with it. Probs will have to give up one of our breaks in the process. For sure it was very frustrating at the time but not something I'm gonna cry about. Just as long as there are signs of resolving the issue or at least keeping these issues to a minimum.

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Okay guys, after a good bit of chat amongst Fisi and some of the other co-ordinators I have decided that Monaco will not be re-run.

As I said at the time, I appreciate and understand the frustration that you guys felt given that I had suffered the same fate the week previous, but the rules do state that it has to be 50% of the field or more that get disconnected simulatenously in order to constitute a mass disconnection and therefore re-run the race. After some consideration it also became apparent that re-running the race had the potential to cause many more issues, e.g. when does it happen, what happens if some people can't race in the re-run, what about those who missed the original race, and more.

As far as future races are concerned, I understand Blue is back on his normal connection for the Silverstone race in 10 days' time so hopefully there shouldn't be any more issues as the season progresses. Blue will be unable to host the Brazilian GP so I will be looking into what could be done for that but for the meantime let's all hope for some more stables races when we return from the 1-week break.

Now i've had that settled I can press on with sorting out Ellis' Stewards Enquiry so that I can finally post the results up. If there is anyone who is able to help in any way with this, then please post your comments in the thread HERE as soon as possible.

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
[video=youtube;O1fp5vZTg5c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1fp5vZTg5c[/video] :biggrin:

Jan 16, 2014
my race
[video=youtube;EXjfQbpM8fE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXjfQbpM8fE&list=UUcUcvmKdJGsYtwe0C33NXZA[/video]