GP2: Round 7 - British Grand Prix [15/06/14 - 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GP2: Round 7 - British Grand Prix [15/06/14 - 8:00pm]

• The AOR AWARDS 2018 are here! Vote to be in with a chance to win a copy of F12018

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Round 7 - British Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 15th June 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Current Standings

Track Guide:

Last edited by a moderator:

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
I'm gutted to announce that it's almost certain that I won't be able to attend to this one as my end of the year Exams start on Monday 16th June (French Bac) and I must focus on acheiving my target grades that the unis I applied for asked.

I will practice though so that if I'm able to race, it'll be in the best conditions possible. But it is for the moment, highly unlikely that I'll race on my favorite track of the calendar...

Jason will be pleased to hear that :D

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
It's gonna be very hard to get time to practice for the race, because the world cup is starting in two days !
The week end will be INSAAAANE guys !!! Can't wait for the 24H of Le Mans start too :drool:

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Really looking forward to this, should be a challenge though since its hard to escape drs due to the ridiculously overpowered slipstream. Since its an easy track, iv managed to carry my speed onto the triggers from the thumbstick with v low 28s yet at nurbergring im over a second off my pb with triggers, gonna be an up n down season but fun and challenging nonetheless.

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
It's been a very busy week for me so I haven't had a chance to practice. I got home Friday and tried to connect to XBL yesterday and couldn't get it to work. I'll try again later today and hopefully I'll be able to connect.

I don't know why it is having trouble connecting, usually when I'm at home it is always easy to get XBL up and running.

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
I can confirm that I won't be racing tonight.

And could someone please update the results as it's been two weeks since monaco and the results are still not up...

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I've been incredible busy, not to mention the fact that the results of the stewards enquiry would have had a big impact on the final result. But yes, they'll be updated (along with the results from this race) tomorrow hopefully.

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Gonna be a struggle tonight, first time i've touched the game since Monaco. Best is a 29.1 but i've seen Ellis has done a 28.4. So basically just hope to pick up the odd bit of points here and there. I think realistically i'm only going to start falling down the leaderboard now, but I think i've got enough of a headstart that as I long as I do continue to pick up small points in each race that should be enough to avoid relegation. So basically I won't be sweating practice all week since I haven't got that much to play for.

Jan 14, 2014
Can confirm I wont be able to race. I thought I'd be home in time but no luck - Father's Day family celebrations.

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Ergh I still can't get my Xbox to connect to live. It's annoying because my PC connected to the internet first time easily.

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Okay man, keep trying stuff and hopefully you'll get in.

For now I guess i'll just have to host...

I apologise in advance if I get disconnected and brings someone else out with me... but if someone has a better idea i'd love to hear it!!!!

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Firstly, no-one disconnected!! W00p!!

Happy with 6th, probably about the maximum I could have achieved. Got ahead of pritt after he made a mistake at the end of the first DRS straight, thankfully I was able to make a gap while he battled with first Meireloso then Karthikeyan. Don't think i'd have caugt SyKo Swish so thankful that he somehow managed to hit the wall on the inside of turn 1 to gift me P6.

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
[video=youtube;ZswLKawQt20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZswLKawQt20[/video]

I'm pretty sure pritt was lagging but I'd like him to post his pov

Jan 14, 2014
in this race have a lot of lag, but because of my connection, this evening was a disaster ... full of ghosts that made me waste so much time ... a horrible race ...:cursing:

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Actually very happy with my pace and my improvement with feeling on triggers despite making 4 pitstops, losing 2 front wings at t1.

Qualifying was okay although pole was possible. My second run was a stonker, 1:05.4 middle sector then came across pritts 'ghost car' and mounted his rear wing on the racing line. Managed 2nd place with decent lap. Got up to grips with the balance on lap 1 and felt a strong result was definitly possible but l2 hit t1 wall, game over.

Well done to ellis for a strong drive who has shown a big improvement in pace since i first met him when he was around 25 seconds a lap off the pace and now winning 2 in a row in the promotion fight.

My small chance of getting promoted is now gone probably, gutted as the last two races should have been 2 strong results. Roll on Nurburgring and f1 2014 please. Cya next week lads

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Na martin mate more like 45 seconds off the pace each lap ;-) cant belive I won though a good drive from martin untill he hit the wall that was :) just kept it clean and the car on the black stuff and didnt crash or lagg out :O

Jan 14, 2014
I dispiave for Martin, who has broken wing for my ghost ..... but the connections are disgusting

Jan 16, 2014
last night good race I think I could do better in front of the three were the fastest. after 25 points, monte carlo and fourth place last night my ranking is finally a bit better I hope to continue like this, 37 points in two races is great for me......tomorrow the video

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
[video=youtube;zWBXCkRgLvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWBXCkRgLvc[/video] My race

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Standings have been updated for both Monaco and Great Britain. Couple of things to note, firstly TRL Ellis crossed the line first at Monaco but two 10 second penalties dropped him down to 5th. One of those penalties were removed by the stewards which raises him back up to 2nd, meaning pelos keeps the win. And finally there are still some stewards enquiries open surrounding Great Britain so those results are not final just yet.

In other news, I find it hilarious that i'm 3rd in the championship. It won't last, of course, but it's still quite funny.