Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Round 8 - German Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 22nd June 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Nürburgring

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Current Standings

Track Guide:

Last edited by a moderator:

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
I should be able to race as my last exam is on Monday but thankfully in the afternoon :D

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Did a few laps last night and was getting low 28's, would have put me there or thereabouts in last season's F3 race including much the same drivers as now. Hoping to get in to the high 27's when I start sweating for real on Sunday. Might not put me right up there but i'd be happy with sort of pace.

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
One of my strongest tracks, it's simply a must win for me to keep my promotion hopes alive haha

TRL Axeman

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 6, 2014
just noticed bbc f1 race coverage of austria starts at 7.30pm on sunday so can this race eithir get delayed till 9 or next week. if not then i wont be racing this weekend. im sure there a few others who watch bbc in gp2

Jason97F1

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Won't be racing here since the beeb highlights clash, streaming live isn't an option because my internet is so bad.

Jan 16, 2014
For me no problems for the start time of the race at 22 in Italy I'm

Jan 16, 2014
F1 in England is not visible in national channels? and then how come at 7.30? In Italy now no sky no longer see anything 90% of Familiars you have

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
In the UK the BBC (our main national channel which is free-to-air) covers half of the races live, but the other half they do not show live. Instead they show a highlights programme later in the day. We also have Sky in the UK but that's quite expensive so a lot of people cannot watch every race live.

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I still can't get my xbox to connect to live. It kind of sucks because I'm still paying for XBL even though I can't use it. I'm going to phone my ISP and see if they can recommend anything.

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
As I said in the PM I sent everyone, the race tonight will start as scheduled at 8pm BST. If you intend to miss the race in order to watch the BBC highlights it will count as an informed absence as long as you have told me - which at this point is 3 people. Otherwise it will count as an uninformed absence which can get you kicked out if you pick up too many!

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Ohh well we will have 5 drivers then can't stand this track but il giv it a try

Jan 14, 2014
Can't make the race. Been away with the family all weekend and I'm still driving home at the moment. I apologise for the lack of attendance. It sucks. There always seems to be something falling on Sunday evenings this year.

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Flipping fuming. Worst race ever. Completely thrown away the first stint, just awful. Then I slowly started to piece my race back together and was catching up nicely to pelos. But the lap after we made our final stops I smashed my front wing on the pit wall and that was race over. Had to do a recon lap with no front wing which left me with no chance of making the time back up to anyone ahead of me. Raging because that could have been a podium and good chance to cash in on points I probably wouldn't otherwise get but that's probably the first time where i've dropped points this season.

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
The dedication of some drivers in this league is ridiculous... It's not as if you couldn't watch the highlights on the iPlayer after the race too... (was a pretty dull one aswell)

Anyway Congats to Gary for winning the race, if we can call it a race.

Got a good lap out of qualy but 2 laps into the race I locked up inexplicably at turn 5 putting me down to P7, last thanks to all the absenties.
Managed to crawl myself back up to P2 but catching gary was too much of a task.

I'm not happy, I might be running away with the championship lead again but doing it in these conditions doesn't interest me at all.

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Well done to Martin for winning (nice triggers mate;-)) qualid 6 a absolute bottlejob first lap was ok on lap 3 was up to 3rd and catching pelos pelos undercut me by 2 seconds and caught him on lap 9 took my wing off at 10 and I was about to put my head in a oven pitted and on lap 16 took my wing off on the pit entry and on lap 17 done the same thing I suppose 6 points is better than a kick in the balls roll on Hungary :)