GP2: Round 9 - Hungarian Grand Prix [29/06/2014 @ 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GP2: Round 9 - Hungarian Grand Prix [29/06/2014 @ 8:00pm]

• The AOR AWARDS 2018 are here! Vote to be in with a chance to win a copy of F12018

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Round 9 - Hungarian Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 29th June 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Current Standings

Track Guide:

Last edited by a moderator:

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
The car feels good around here managed to get a 16.6 yesterday hopefully we have a good race with lots of people

Jan 16, 2014
Ei guys I Sunday are not present for personal commitments, sorry right now that I started to improve my ranking:(

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Finally managed to get into the 1:16's with a 1:16.8. Still not happy with my pace though...

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
This might be the first ever race where my race pace is slower than my qualy pace. Weird. I'm still only doing low 17's in qualy so that's quite worrying when it comes to the race. Hopefully I can just keep out of trouble and scrape the odd point.

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Turns 4 and 5 are a pain for me. If i nail them in qually conditions then i can get mid 16s due to a really good setup. Need to win this one as looking at the final races, there will be a few ill struggle to be competitive at.

Jason97F1

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Looks like I will be struggling to get into the top 5 in quali with a few people in the 16's, my race pace is much better but overtaking is so difficult if the other person uses their KERS in the right places, should be an interesting race.

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
A quick post to Fisi an Nillis :

We were only 8 to race at the Nurburgring GP, that was ridiculous. As my teammate said on his comment there are missing many players who have signed up and who never make races. (Fisi, please can you ask to F3 drivers if some of them want to be in GP2 ? :blushing: )
Anyway, I prefered watch one of my favorite team playing at the World Cup rather than race a 8 people race. (I started FIFA just to show I wasn't dsc'ed from the lobby because of a bug or something like that)

Tomorrow, no matter if we will be only 3, 4, 5 or 16 to race, I'll be there cause Costa Rica VS Greece only starts at 9pm :)

FisiFan91

Administrator
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Meireloso;n55883 said:
I prefered watch one of my favorite team playing at the World Cup rather than race a 8 people race.
That's fair enough, but you should have informed Neil instead of ignoring him.

I do hope the grid for this race will be better for you guys. Last week 3 drivers were no-shows due to watching the BBC coverage of the Austrian GP, which obviously won't be an issue this week. Depleted had something pop up unexpectedly which hopefully won't be the case this time. Ryan is [apparently] done with his iRacing commitments as of last week so should hopefully be back as well. Even SE (the reserve) said there's a chance he might be racing! Not sure how Blue is getting on with his 'not being able to sign in' issue, but fingers crossed things work out better this time.

There's a two-week break after this race during which I hope we can find at least one, maybe more if we're lucky, new drivers appropriate to race in GP2 (although of course, F1 still need an additional driver as well). Lately we've had several 'slower' drivers sign up, but not many of GP2 standard - quick drivers seem harder to come by!

ZxXAZZAXxZ

Formula Karter
Feb 16, 2014
sorry if i effected anyones race in qualifying had a few issues with franglish car going very slow then popping back ahead seconds later in the race it looked like the first lap was fine but then everyones cars were popping around ashame cause i felt i had good race pace

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I'll take that, pretty much the best result I could have got. Did well to avoid the carnage at the first corner (for some reason the game gave me a penalty - doesn't affect the end result so I won't bother getting it removed) and the rest of my race was battling with Ellis and pritt mainly. Ellis broke well clear of me and I soon spotted that pritt was 4-stopping, so I began to settle for 6th until at the end of my second-to-last stint I clawed about 4 seconds out of Ellis - presumably because he was struggling with tyres. That gave me hope that I could steal 5th at the end of the race, but unfortunately there was just too much time to make up.

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
A good race ish the first corner was ridiculous halfway through turn one someone hits my nearly spins me around I just miss jason Azzza goes and cuts across the UBS grass bit and gets away then a second hit from the behind sandwiching me pritt and axman I think I may of had a podium pace was good suppose 5 is better than a kick in the plums roll on spa

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Mistakes were punished by franglish who was on fire today. Win was possible for me but a six second pitstop destroyed my undercut on franglish on my first stop and losing an emplate at the end of my prime stint gave him track position. Was slightly quicker but he just didn't crack to put me in a position to overtake. Solid points but not the result I wanted. Similar scenario to franglish in Germany I guess :p hoping to keep scoring highly but tbh I'm just waiting for the next game!!

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Wow ! Really had to push hard to get the win there !

Got my PB in Qualy so I was pretty happy with P2 on the grid.

I went cautious at the start as I always do but maintained P2 to Jason who was looking very fast behind me and that allowed Martin to get a little gap. Was able to maintain it to approx 1.7s until he pitted on lap 5, I went in on lap 6 but got Jason got the undercut on me. At that point I thought that I wouldn't be able to challenge for the lead. I managed to catch Jason on fresher tires and Passed him about on lap 9 or 10. The gap to Martin was about 2.5s and I thought that was it. But the I saw him out of shape exiting the final corner and some debris on the track. That was all i needed to get closer to him. He pitted on lap 13, I did one lap later and came out just behind him. I then applied the pressure bt because of the nature of the track It was very difficult to pass. I waited 6 or 7 laps before I had a really good oportunity to get a move done and I did on lap 21 and Took the lead. Pitted on lap 24 fo a last set of primes. Martin was edging closer and closer to me. On lap 33 he was barely a second from me but I managed to hold him off despite the fact taht he was quicker than me.

Couldn't have done a better race befor the 2 week break before Spa. Looking forward to some more great action with Jason an Martin there :D

astevo1989

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 20, 2014
Was a good first race in AOR for me. Bit disappointed with qualifying as I knew I could of gone faster but dnt think it would of made much of a difference anyway I dnt think. Managed to dodge the first corner incident and was up to 4th. Managed to stick with jason for the first stint but pitted one lap too late every pit so dropped bk each pit stop but lesson learned for the nxt race. Once I knew the fight for 3rd had gone just had to maintain the gap behind and hold on for 4th. So all in all happy with my first race in league

Jason97F1

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Pleased with that result although I had to work very hard for it!

In quali I set a 17.1 on my 2nd run but my pb was a 16.8 so I went out for a 3rd run, only for the kerb on the exit of turn 5 to ruin my lap. Still, starting 3rd was better than I expected.

At the start I was trying to get in the slipstream of franglish and almost clipped Ellis when moving over on him a bit naughtily. Got through the 1st lap fine holding position but over the next few laps I was right behind franglish and when I saw both him and martin not pit on lap 4, I decided to get the undercut but sacrifice fresher tyres. This worked very well to begin as I almost jumped Martin and easily came out infront of franglish. Kept up with Martin for a few laps but soon Franglish was closing in and passed me before the 2nd stop which I made on lap 14. Don't really remember much that happened for the rest of the race but it was very close, no more than 5 seconds separating all 3 of us for the whole race until lap 32 when I had a 4 second lag spike :thumbdn: It was extremely annoying as martin had caught franglish and I was just about to get DRS on Martin but then a chance to challenge for the win is ruined (just like Silverstone) by a lag spike.

I'm still happy with that result, gapping 3rd in the championship going into the 2nd half of the season. Thanks to Martin and franglish for an intense race, also congrats to aStevo on a strong 4th on your debut. Bit annoying there's a 3 week break as I love Spa and it will be my 50th AOR/ARL race so I'm looking forward to it, see you all then :)

Jan 14, 2014
Ads with much regret my retirement from this league ..... as you know I have a lot of problems with my connection, and problems lag.è really very difficult for me to drive in these conditions with ghosts and time-lapsed video, I do not want to create problems to fellow track ... I'll try 'to fix my connection and you can begin a new adventure with you all.:crying:

Jan 14, 2014
First race I've finished Since China with all the no shows and DSC's. Was off the pace with no practice midweek but pretty much expected that. Was just good to have a Sunday evening with a chance to race - and even though I was at the back I was racing with Meireloso and Karthikeyan for most of it, especially through the pit stops which was nice. Congrats to the podium finishers and aStevo on a strong first race.

FisiFan91

Administrator
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
pritt3x2;n56595 said:
Ads with much regret my retirement from this league ..... as you know I have a lot of problems with my connection, and problems lag.è really very difficult for me to drive in these conditions with ghosts and time-lapsed video, I do not want to create problems to fellow track ... I'll try 'to fix my connection and you can begin a new adventure with you all.:crying:
Okay mate I'm very sorry to hear that, but I understand as I know you have been suffering connection problems for a while now. I hope to see you back in the future if the connection gets better!

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
pritt3x2;n56595 said:

Sorry to see you leave Pritt its been a while since we were in the same league racing, far to many seasons now to remember back but I do hope your connection improves with future games and your able to join us back racing soon.