Greetings! I've come to seek people to race with, since public lobby's are just not cutting it for me. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Greetings! I've come to seek people to race with, since public lobby's are just not cutting it for me.

fireflaai

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 11, 2018
Hey,

First time for me on this forum. I was watching a setup guide on Youtube and he mention the racing league going on over here, so I decided to check it out. Racing in pubic online lobby's is something that I'd rather avoid. There are too many people that do not drive carefully enough, whether that is on purpose or not. A few days ago I had a great race with some people and suddenly some asshat I was blue flagging in lap 3 takes me out on purpose for no reason.

I come from a place that is very similar to this. This forum actually looks just like it. The rules and the way that events are hosted are very identical. What is this place you might ask? Well,, I know it sounds very silly to you guys, but I am talking about the NODO gta5 racing crew. Competitive racing in gta5? As weird as it sounds, yeah. We all know that gta5 is by no means a realistic driving simulator. It's arcady and casual. But we have a lot of fun together on tracks that we create ourselves. I can tell you though, gta 5 physics are weird as hell. For instance, there is this thing called "kerb boosting". This means that if you go over a bump or a kerb, the engine gets a boost for some reason. So if you're racing next to the pavement, the best thing to do to go fast is to go on and off and on and off the pavement. There is also this mechanic called "brake boosting". In certain situations you can do it where you go over a jump, but your wheels are still touching the ground, in a way that your car gets very light. If you then hold the brake, the game thinks you're doing a burnout and gives you a massive speed boost. This also works when you go over potholes. There is also this thing called "wiggleboosting". Only a few cars can do this and it goes exactly the way it sounds, you wiggle the car left-right-left-right and you go faster. All of there things I mentioned have to do with the wonky suspension physics. We also have to cap our FPS by 60, because higher FPS could make you go faster on the straight. If you guys are somehow interested in all this weird **** I can go more in detail if needed. I wish I could post some links but I am unable to since this account is brand spanking new :). edit: I think i can now since I have some posts. So here is how our races in gta5 would look like:
But enough of GTA5. We also have a Pcars2 section on the NODO crew forum, and we do host pcars2 events as well. They're just not very frequent since not many people have the game. That's why I'm now trying out other places, like this forum.

I'd love to see how I compare to you guys in terms of speed and racecraft and I hope to get to know some of you in the proces. I will join some events and see how those go.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Hockeyhead019

Formula Karter
Jun 29, 2017
Welcome! Definitely go check out the PC2 sub forum and jump in some of the social races. Also that's pretty cool about gta5. I had no idea they had a racing community lol

Dan Hawkins

AOR Owner
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
Hey,

First time for me on this forum. I was watching a setup guide on Youtube and he mention the racing league going on over here, so I decided to check it out. Racing in pubic online lobby's is something that I'd rather avoid. There are too many people that do not drive carefully enough, whether that is on purpose or not. A few days ago I had a great race with some people and suddenly some asshat I was blue flagging in lap 3 takes me out on purpose for no reason.

I come from a place that is very similar to this. This forum actually looks just like it. The rules and the way that events are hosted are very identical. What is this place you might ask? Well,, I know it sounds very silly to you guys, but I am talking about the NODO gta5 racing crew. Competitive racing in gta5? As weird as it sounds, yeah. We all know that gta5 is by no means a realistic driving simulator. It's arcady and casual. But we have a lot of fun together on tracks that we create ourselves. I can tell you though, gta 5 physics are weird as hell. For instance, there is this thing called "kerb boosting". This means that if you go over a bump or a kerb, the engine gets a boost for some reason. So if you're racing next to the pavement, the best thing to do to go fast is to go on and off and on and off the pavement. There is also this mechanic called "brake boosting". In certain situations you can do it where you go over a jump, but your wheels are still touching the ground, in a way that your car gets very light. If you then hold the brake, the game thinks you're doing a burnout and gives you a massive speed boost. This also works when you go over potholes. There is also this thing called "wiggleboosting". Only a few cars can do this and it goes exactly the way it sounds, you wiggle the car left-right-left-right and you go faster. All of there things I mentioned have to do with the wonky suspension physics. We also have to cap our FPS by 60, because higher FPS could make you go faster on the straight. If you guys are somehow interested in all this weird **** I can go more in detail if needed. I wish I could post some links but I am unable to since this account is brand spanking new :). edit: I think i can now since I have some posts. So here is how our races in gta5 would look like:
But enough of GTA5. We also have a Pcars2 section on the NODO crew forum, and we do host pcars2 events as well. They're just not very frequent since not many people have the game. That's why I'm now trying out other places, like this forum.

I'd love to see how I compare to you guys in terms of speed and racecraft and I hope to get to know some of you in the proces. I will join some events and see how those go.

Cheers.
Welcome aboard man!