GRID Autosport Incident - Race 2 Lap 5 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GRID Autosport Incident - Race 2 Lap 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

FueledByBrennan

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 19, 2014
At the end of lap 4 I make a mistake coming off the final turn and Da4th_Suspect overtakes me. ACR Raven tries to overtake down the inside at turn 1, I leave the space down the inside but raven hits me off into the gravel on the outside and I lose 3 positions and 5-6 seconds on the guys ahead, and Raven didn't wait up for me afterwards even though he shoves me off. You can see the back end of the incident here from Erti's POV: I'm aware that Raven was up to a second and a half faster but surely shoving people off track to gain position isn't right?

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Is there a set penalty system in place similar to the F1 penalty system Erti or is it just based on opinion on a per incident basis ?

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Btw even though this was posted a long time past the 2 day limit, we'll just let this one run cos the rules weren't posted properly regarding the making of Stewards enquiries.

Reactions: Du7cH

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
I was already ahead of Flame before the braking point for turn 1. I turned into the corner and the front end washed out causing me to run wide. Unfortunately Flame tried to hold his line around the outside which was a, in hindsight, poor decision. There was no intent as I ended up quite deep in the gravel myself. I do apologize though for you getting collected in that issue.

FueledByBrennan

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Well I was practically side-by-side with Raven into turn 1, but the thing I normally do there at brands is braking a bit mid-turn if I'm on the inside to stop understeering off, I stayed on the outside because I was expecting that I could stay alongside without any contact occurring between us. I still lost out heavily, and I fell far enough behind that I was out of the slipstream of the guys ahead and I had no real chance of catching up. I accept your apology Raven, if there is a penalty applied then i'll ask for it to be minor.

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Thanks for the replies guys i'll put this forward to the team to look into.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The Stewards have reviewed the incident and have decided to award a 10 second penalty to the results of race 2, Not for the initial contact as we feel that was a racing incident, but for ACR Raven failing to wait FlameDragon72 to recover after the contact.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.