GRID Autosport X360 league - interest thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GRID Autosport X360 league - interest thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Tyre deg doesn't worry me to much tbh as tyre wear hasn't been an issue for me in any of my career modes ive run so far, I've always finishing the race with over 20% tyre life left and easy wins tbh :D but tyre wear could give an advantage at the closing stages of the race if you take to much out your tyres could prove to be interesting (Hare and Tortoise situation), might have to try it out see how much fun it is but at this stage doesn't feel like anyones a fan of running tyre deg endurance races?

Devastation

Best of the Rest
May 9, 2014
Tyre deg doesn't worry me to much tbh as tyre wear hasn't been an issue for me in any of my career modes ive run so far, I've always finishing the race with over 20% tyre life left and easy wins tbh :D but tyre wear could give an advantage at the closing stages of the race if you take to much out your tyres could prove to be interesting (Hare and Tortoise situation), might have to try it out see how much fun it is but at this stage doesn't feel like anyones a fan of running tyre deg endurance races?
But I'm not a wheel user ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Erti147

FueledByBrennan

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 19, 2014
I'd be interested in running tyre deg endurance races, with another league we do them and they're always very interesting, but I'd only have a 20 minute time limit on them, 40 mins is wayyy to long.

Reactions: Du7cH

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I'd be interested in running tyre deg endurance races, with another league we do them and they're always very interesting, but I'd only have a 20 minute time limit on them, 40 mins is wayyy to long.
Sounds interesting maybe its something we could mix up a coupe with tyre deg and one in between without , Not really done much endurance online but definitely worth looking into and some great cars in that class to race :D

Last edited:

Devastation

Best of the Rest
May 9, 2014
Combining the two would be feasible, I wouldn't want to be doing league racing on another game where I'm purely concentrating on keeping my tyres alive

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Sounds interesting maybe its something we could mix up a coupe with tyre deg and one in between without
Lobby settings won't allow that. We'll work something out though

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Lobby settings won't allow that. We'll work something out though
Not if you do each race and jump back to the lobby to change the setting quick and have a 1 minute break between races, that'll work :D

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Not if you do each race and jump back to the lobby to change the setting quick and have a 1 minute break between races, that'll work :D
Aye but the whole point is to have reverse grids. If we do random grids then someone can get unlucky and start last every race and the other way around if someone ends up being on pole every grid

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Aye but the whole point is to have reverse grids
I don't see a random grid order being that much of an issue over the course of a full race distance, as the fast guys would naturally pass the slower guys and have some great racing along the way, Sadly we have any type of qualifying sessions available to us for grid positions so we'll try and work with what we have in the game and try and give people the kind of racing they really want. for the next championship.

Any more news on the last round of season 2 yet?

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Yeah I'm getting some breaking news from my sources....that the final round will be this Monday. If not enough people turn up then we'll just end the season anyway.

Reactions: Du7cH

Azcassin

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 16, 2014
Freezing Issue?
And can't we just make another thread like this and see who puts their name in?

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Freezing Issue?
And can't we just make another thread like this and see who puts their name in?
The freezing can happen anytime to anyone randomly when loading into a lobby online.

I know of 6 dedicated people at least who are interested in another season, and that's including me and you.

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Wednesday nights are good for me to,(y)
But have concerns how that will conflict with F1 practice as thats normally night for most to start to sweat it out and might affect driver numbers.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
I'd be willing to give up my Wednesday night F1 social if we do indeed get enough drivers

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
The new Patch is with Microsoft as of the 27th Nov. Hopefully this will fix the games constant freezing and xbox locking issues.

Want to know more about whats included within the new patch here the overview from codemasters including free in-game coins
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/1000/patch-list-last-updated-27th-november

If there's still interest from you guys once the patch has rolled out we might get some more racing out of this title. if it ends up still being broken i'll condemn it to the back of my games catalogue never to for it enter the disc draw again.

• Informative
Reactions: Erti147