PS4 - GT3 Elite League - S6 - Round 4 - Oulton Park Int. - 14/12/16 - 8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 Elite League - S6 - Round 4 - Oulton Park Int. - 14/12/16 - 8PM UK time

Martynvr

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 28, 2016
@StevieSQ

This was my proposal but I know this is NOT the way we should act as we allknow the rules. But it is hard to sent all drivers to the stewards. Same was in spa...
I just think it is unfair when you have a look at cjbmxs video.

I made a post in the main thread as I said we should post the lines of all drivers of the race to the stewards when we blame the drivers for extensions as the way RGT did in spa was not fair. :-(

But I do not have the time and fun to send all drivers to the stewards
I did not absurd track limits i was very keen on this one for this track!

• Agree
Reactions: CatfiSh

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
@StevieSQ

This was my proposal but I know this is NOT the way we should act as we allknow the rules. But it is hard to sent all drivers to the stewards. Same was in spa...
I just think it is unfair when you have a look at cjbmxs video.

I made a post in the main thread as I said we should post the lines of all drivers of the race to the stewards when we blame the drivers for extensions as the way RGT did in spa was not fair. :-(

But I do not have the time and fun to send all drivers to the stewards
Not the way it works I'm afraid.

If someone reports it to the stewards, then it'll be investigated accordingly. If I remember rightly, RGT reported you two because you were the people he saw most, so it is unreasonable to then suggest he can't start an enquiry for track limits against you two unless he does it for everyone. He then went out of his way to gather a massive amount of evidence, with time stamps for the stewards to look through.

Also, the stewards aren't going to sit there and watch an entire race looking for cuts/extensions without time-stamps. So should you, or anybody else just post a lot of race videos and expect the stewards to sit and spend their time looking through it to find maybe 1-2 cuts/extensions then you're mistaken.

Track limits is a big issue, always has been and always will be. But the DSQ certainly won't be removed.

Simple really, stay on the track.

CJBMX702

2 time AOR PS4 GT3 T1 Champion
Jul 17, 2016
I believe most of the time I was only 2 tires off, I ran wide in first 2-3 laps sliding around on cold tires. If my line was ilegal then the cars around me would be guilty of the same "track limits".

Last edited:

o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Reigning AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Nov 21, 2015
Q:7
R: DNF

Qualifying went a lot better than I thought it would. Ended up 7th by guessing a setup with 30 mins to practice. I was pleasantly surprised to see @mpc-v1 qualify 3rd. You definitely know your way around a wet setup.

The race started really well, I gained one position on the line and then I gained 2 more after turn 1 when @CJBMX702 and @FRC-Prinz made contact allowing me to get into 4th.

I stayed in that position for the first 10 laps or so but then my Internet decided to give up, and that's when cars started warping on the track from 1 second behind to 5 seconds in front. I had no idea where anyone was and on lap 11 a car appeared in front of me from nowhere and I hit it sending me into the barrier on the pit straight.

I pitted hoping the problem would resolve itself but it didn't work. I retired on lap 15 with a severe case of lag and that was that.
Congrats to the podium finishers and everyone that finished and see you at Imola :)

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Thanks @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o. Was really happy with the setup (as per Imola in the wet in season 4). Knew I was quick but didn't expect to be in the top 3 in quali. Had better race pace though. Grabbed 2nd before turn 1 and was holding starting to pull away from 3rd. Objective for this season was to try and get a podium and that was looking good with this race as my best opportunity. But it wasn't to be as I got caught up in an accident. At least I showed that in the wet I have some pace by missing out on the fastest lap by just .050 of a second. Now need to work on the dry pace and that may take a bit of time. I like Imola although it's in the dry so will be way down the field.

• Winner
Reactions: Ramzy_MZ

o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Reigning AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Nov 21, 2015
Thanks @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o. Was really happy with the setup (as per Imola in the wet in season 4). Knew I was quick but didn't expect to be in the top 3 in quali. Had better race pace though. Grabbed 2nd before turn 1 and was holding starting to pull away from 3rd. Objective for this season was to try and get a podium and that was looking good with this race as my best opportunity. But it wasn't to be as I got caught up in an accident. At least I showed that in the wet I have some pace by missing out on the fastest lap by just .050 of a second. Now need to work on the dry pace and that may take a bit of time. I like Imola although it's in the dry so will be way down the field.
That setup you gave me for Imola S4 was immense. Yesterday also reminded me of how good the M3 is in wet conditions. It's so stable. As for the audi I couldn't keep the tyres cool and they were nearly half worn by lap 10.

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Yer that setup was brill and if I remember correctly (you in Pro and me in Semi Pro) would of put us 6th and 7th on the grid in the Elite league.

Reactions: o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Ramzy_MZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 24, 2016
You should of seen how excited we were in the chat on your Stream haha

Der_Heizer

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 18, 2016
Hi guys,

here is my summary of this awesome wet race.
After qualifying ends i was very happy for p1. I didn't thought that i had a real chance for this. It was a close fight for pole position within 1 tenth second with @CatfiSh.
After the formation lap ends i had a very good start and could take up a good pace. I tried to save my tires and pushed not to hard. My main focus was to avoid any mistakes and keep my brakes and tires in the right temperature window.
I could increase the gap to p2 @mpc-v1 , @CatfiSh and @FRC-Prinz.
At the end i was more than 30 seconds infront of p2. I am very happy with this result.

Here is my live stream of the hole event.