PS4 - GT3 Elite - Season 8 - Round 2 - Spa-Francorchamps 15/11/2017 @8pm UK-Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 Elite - Season 8 - Round 2 - Spa-Francorchamps 15/11/2017 @8pm UK-Time

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
oh man....such great commentary and then I'm invisible

here's my summary:

Q:15
R: 5

Qualification session started in 30 fps for me grrrrrr. I couldn't put in a good lap so I reconnected to the game and was too late to put in a new lap time. So I started in the back and worked myself up, not because I was faster but because mistakes of other drivers. After time passed the car became more & more undriveable for me which I totally do not understand. Tire pressures and temps seemed ok, brakes were fine but still it felt like I could never push the car to the limit.

By the end of the race @BearTaiko was gaining on me and I had to drive the living hell out of me to keep my position.
Overall very satisfied with 5th place.

Congrats to @Sisuvoima10

Javier Quilón

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 23, 2017
Q: 11
C: 11

Well my career had lights and shadows ... I made a great start and got to shoot in fifth position. Then I made a mistake and damaged the car, but I decided to continue and my grave fits. I lost a lot of time, and when I had lost everything I decided to enter. That's when I laid my hands on my head when I saw how stupid I really was for not having stopped before ...

I take this career as an apprenticeship. In the end I had a great rhythm and was up to @KungJarnix so I'm happy for it

I would like to apologize to @jam_my21 since when we were being bent I hit him, but I was not intentional.

KungJarnix

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 21, 2016
Q:5
R:3

I call this race: the ghost ride. Lonely in a car that wanted to kill me... I get it I wanted so much and demanded to much of the McLaren. Knew that I had potential 18 times to qualy and was expecting 19-20 in the race.
Took it realy easy the first couple of laps to then try to push to the top. Ending up overdriving the car and suddenly I was losing the back end of the car in just about every corner. It feelt more like ice skating with some pretty epic saves.. Made the adjustments needed and was of pace with 2-4 sek. My setup of the car was to focused with the Ferraris pace but the McLaren does not like to be pushed so what can you do. Next time I will let the car do atleast some work

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
Accepted :)
I would like to apologize to @jam_my21 since when we were being bent I hit him, but I was not intentional.
Now my quali went ok - nearly my PB time - and came 8th. On my 3rd hotlap someone came from pit right front me and spun and we hit hard. Have to exit to pit and then I had only time for 2 laps (output ja 1 hotlap) :(

Race went ok but still 1st lap was bad as I spun on Les Combes corner (twice) and dropped last.

During first 5 laps I lost 20% of my aero and my top speed and laptimes dropped badly. I lost 2 spot and 7th lap I changed my pit strategy and went finally to pitstop on 11th lap.
After my pitstop I was 13th and on lap 20 I was back on 9th and the rest of race was cruising to finnish.

Reactions: FOGGY #7

Sisuvoima10

FR3.5, PS4 GT3 Elite S8 & Rally Pro Champion
Jan 16, 2017
I'll give my recap later today but where can I find the results? Only season 7 available at the results.

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
errrrr?
Howcome I don't appear in this clip? It says I'm last but I finished 5th?
Sorry mate. As you can see the system showed you as being in last and according to the timings you did not start the race so I, and MrF1 had no idea you were in 5th.

Reactions: Walter---79

Sisuvoima10

FR3.5, PS4 GT3 Elite S8 & Rally Pro Champion
Jan 16, 2017
Yeah. It wasn't any easier than in Imola but managed to take pole and win. That's pretty much the only positive I can take from this race. Setup was awful. After 12 laps rear axle was sliding way too much and didn't have any confidence. I tried not to do any mistakes but I had a big moment when coming to Le Comb corners. Almost lost it there. Also didn't do a long run test when practicing and it was a bit like driving blind when going to race. @CJBMX702 had a great pace but he made a mistake and let me by.

Special thanks to @MrF1Radio for commentary. Awesome job! (y) I hope you can commentate the other races also because this is so enjoyable to watch! Hope you can come up with something to get rid of that off sync. But still awesome work! Thanks!

Here is few pics from the start of the yesterday's race
la source.jpeg
eau rouge.jpeg
kemmel.jpeg

mpc-v1

Oct 20, 2015
Yeah. It wasn't any easier than in Imola but managed to take pole and win. That's pretty much the only positive I can take from this race. Setup was awful. After 12 laps rear axle was sliding way too much and didn't have any confidence. I tried not to do any mistakes but I had a big moment when coming to Le Comb corners. Almost lost it there. Also didn't do a long run test when practicing and it was a bit like driving blind when going to race. @CJBMX702 had a great pace but he made a mistake and let me by.

Special thanks to @MrF1Radio for commentary. Awesome job! (y) I hope you can commentate the other races also because this is so enjoyable to watch! Hope you can come up with something to get rid of that off sync. But still awesome work! Thanks!

Here is few pics from the start of the yesterday's race
View attachment 32391 View attachment 32392 View attachment 32393
Sync will be sorted for next race.

Reactions: Sisuvoima10

BearTaiko

Pro Karter
Oct 8, 2017
Q : 7
R : 6 (i cconfirm that i finished behind @Dev Nibor )

For qualification, I had a good time but I failed to break 2'19 barrier (passed during my tests).

During the formation lap, I saw @NICK-NITRO have a lot of lag and disconnect but I kept my position (7) to the right line to respect my qualification place.
Do i did the right move ?

I made a lot of mistakes because i learnt tyres evolution during my race. I couldn't do race simulation before.

At the end of the race, I pushed hard to catch up @Dev Nibor but he resisted. it was a good fight but I made a fatal mistake in the last lap (i pushed too hard :) )

Thanks to the organizers, streamers and commentators. Nice work

I need to improve my pace for the next race and we need a patch to have a stable game and enjoy it.

mpc-v1

Oct 20, 2015
Q : 7
R : 6 (i cconfirm that i finished behind @Dev Nibor )

For qualification, I had a good time but I failed to break 2'19 barrier (passed during my tests).

During the formation lap, I saw @NICK-NITRO have a lot of lag and disconnect but I kept my position (7) to the right line to respect my qualification place.

I made a lot of mistakes because i learnt tyres evolution during my race. I couldn't do race simulation before.

At the end of the race, I pushed hard to catch up @Dev Nibor but he resisted. it was a good fight but I made a fatal mistake in the last lap (i pushed too hard :) )

Thanks to the organizers, streamers and commentators. Nice work

I need to improve my pace for the next race and we need a patch to have a stable game and enjoy it.
In theory you should have moved up one slot and taken his position and started from the 7th slot (on the right). However this can be confusing and we had a lot of problems last season with it. Best option is to keep to your original position and if anyone does spin off on the formation lap they simply move to the rear of the field and a "gap" should be left where they were supposed to be.

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
Nick was dangerous as he went/fly everywhere on track.
I followed you and stay behind you (as I was 8th).

KungJarnix

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 21, 2016
Q:5
R:3

I call this race: the ghost ride. Lonely in a car that wanted to kill me... I get it I wanted so much and demanded to much of the McLaren. Knew that I had potential 18 times to qualy and was expecting 19-20 in the race.
Took it realy easy the first couple of laps to then try to push to the top. Ending up overdriving the car and suddenly I was losing the back end of the car in just about every corner. It feelt more like ice skating with some pretty epic saves.. Made the adjustments needed and was of pace with 2-4 sek. My setup of the car was to focused with the Ferraris pace but the McLaren does not like to be pushed so what can you do. Next time I will let the car do atleast some work

Reactions: FOGGY #7