PS4 - GT3 Elite - Season 8 - Round 5 - Laguna Seca - 06/12/2017 - 8pm UK-Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 Elite - Season 8 - Round 5 - Laguna Seca - 06/12/2017 - 8pm UK-Time

Carlw1986

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 12, 2016
Dissapointing Night. Gutted guys. @Dannyvdmeer you can host no problem. Thanks.
Dont think we should be changing host he not got 550 mb his ping test says 50 mb not are fault he got something up with his internet what happens if people disconnect when he host dont think they be happy we had people further away than he was from host they did not disconnect so clearly down to his connection dont even know why you agreed to let him be host got doggy internet and you you say you can host you having a laugh ?

KungJarnix

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 21, 2016
Q:4
P:3
Was happy with the pace I got in qualy which was around mid to low range of what I was capable of. It also put me ahead of @KrypticTMG . But when we started the race I missed to anticipate the sneaky early pull by @CJBMX702 . @KrypticTMG overtook me in the first corner which put me in a particular situation. The man who has challenged me al season was weaving his but in front of me and I was up for the challenge The car felt great and the pace was similar to @KrypticTMG with him slightly pulling away when I did a mistake in the last corner and lost the speed on the straight. I missed the braking point because someone clipt the 4 sign =).
After a while of me building up my pace again Kryptic made a mistake and I could pass him. He was catching up then he suddenly disappeared again. With a big chunk of the race left something in me was telling me to keep on pushing even though the ferraris was as always in a league of themselves. With about 3 laps left I find @Sisuvoima10 rejoining the track and I pulled up on the inside. I saw you disappear in the gravel? In my view I did not make contact but it looked different on the replay. Anyway I slipped pass him, if I would be of by 0,1 sek up to that sisu would be ahead of me =) .

Let's al hope the new patch comes out to next week (big nerf on the ferrari ) so we actually can compete ;P
Congrats to the win @CJBMX702 and also you @Carlw1986

Should also give a shout out to @NICK-NITRO who was a big help with my setup!

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
According to your Pingtest results. Top 5 ish
@Carlw1986 23ms
@Phoenix 16ms
@Walter---79 15ms
@NICK-NITRO 14ms
@KrypticTMG . 13ms

Right OK Carl. You got a point here fella. Thanks! .
@Dannyvdmeer your ping isnt as strong as these guys, up against a UK server, and you have had some issues Lately.
Any Volunteers for Final Race ?

Also any reason why you failed to respond to your Driver Briefing For Rnd 5 Laguna Seca guys ? @Carlw1986 @Dannyvdmeer @theschmid
Ive not put Race Control in there for my Benefit guys ! Its there just as reminders and a guide for your races. But can get ridd for season 9, thats if im still here and not been relegated to Pro Tier. Thats if you feel its no revalence to your race and Race night Proceddings. (y);)

Last edited:

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
latency shouldn't be the only benchmark here guys, bandwidth is important as well.
Especially upload bandwidth in case you're gonna host.

Yesterday, I had lag spikes like everyone else, but they went away once @theschmid stopped joining the game (no offence buddy)

• Informative
Reactions: FOGGY #7

ESR_theschmid

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T1 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
latency shouldn't be the only benchmark here guys, bandwidth is important as well.
Especially upload bandwidth in case you're gonna host.

Yesterday, I had lag spikes like everyone else, but they went away once @theschmid stopped joining the game (no offence buddy)
I'm going to look where the problem come from! and sorry guys for all the lags I have produced during my disconections...

Reactions: Walter---79

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
@C-FOGARTY join me in the mclaren if we both go down :sorry: I'm away now till Tuesday so ain't gonna be able to practice Monza :(

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
@C-FOGARTY join me in the mclaren if we both go down :sorry: I'm away now till Tuesday so ain't gonna be able to practice Monza :(
Lol - Yeah for sure ! Just hoping next patches have better car balancing for the GT3 class for S9 .

Phoenix_

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Q:8
R:6
Original goal: not being lapped (succedded!!)

Without much race preparation, started the race in a Ferrari that was almost default (just increased tire pressures and set wings to 2 5).

After a qualifying plagued by lag with constant connects and disconnects, I couldn't put a fast lap in. Either I botched it, or the lag made me botch it. Just before the race I did a quick practice lap to test my setup, Crew Chief, etc, and was 1 second faster, which would have qualified me in 4th place.

At race start I maintained 8th place, but right in the first corners I managed to overtake @Walter---79.

From that point on it was just keeping consistency. A couple of guys spun which moved me to 5th, with @Walter---79 right behind for a lot of laps.
Then, my first mistake. I was trail braking into the first turn and lost the back, which allowed Walter to go by. Dropped to 6th.
Then the positions inverted, I was just sticking behind Walter for several laps trying to be safe while pushing him a bit, to see if he made a mistake.

On lap 40 disaster struck: crashed against the wall and picked up a lot of suspension damage.
@KrypticTMG passed by, pushing me to 7th, with @Sapo001 closing in fast. I was by then driving in straight line with the wheel at a 45 degrees angle, for the remaining 3 laps.
I looks like something happened to the Ferrari's in the last laps. From the top 6 cars, 4 were Ferrari's and all lost the back and spun in the closing laps.

Then, in another plot twist, @KrypticTMG spun and I managed to recover the position and take my crippled car across the line in 6th.

Mixed feelings: very happy to finally be as competitive as I felt in Catalunya. But unhappy with a couple of mistakes that cost me the 5th place to Walter. Congrats on that buddy :)

Once again, great broadcast @mpc-v1!

Onto the final round, Monza!

KrypticTMG

F1 1st Driver
Apr 4, 2015
According to your Pingtest results. Top 5 ish
@Carlw1986 23ms
@Phoenix 16ms
@Walter---79 15ms
@NICK-NITRO 14ms
@KrypticTMG . 13ms

Right OK Carl. You got a point here fella. Thanks! .
@Dannyvdmeer your ping isnt as strong as these guys, up against a UK server, and you have had some issues Lately.
Any Volunteers for Final Race ?

Also any reason why you failed to respond to your Driver Briefing guys ? @Carlw1986 @Dannyvdmeer @theschmid
Ive not put Race Control in there for my Benefit guys ! Its there just as reminders and a guide for your races. But can get ridd for season 9, thats if im still here and not been relegated to Pro Tier. Thats if you feel its no revalence to your race and Race night Proceddin. (y);)
yes im 1st in something

KrypticTMG

F1 1st Driver
Apr 4, 2015
Q5
R7

Worst race i've had in any league ever which i was not suprised at as i absolutely hate the track but started in quali where i invalidated a 1.22.2 on the last corner then i kept getting traffic near the cork screw and kept binning it finally scrapped a lap in to put me fifth behind @KungJarnix and i thought how the hell am i going to pass this guy tha Audi cant compete with the turbo cars at altitude but luckly i got a really good start and i made a contious effort to take it easy because i always mistakes at Laguna just like season 7.

So i was in 4th pulling away a bit lapping about 3 to 4 tenths slower than normal but not taking risks then i dropped it 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 times ended up in 7th just ahead of @Sapo001 it was a very strange at some points as soon as i went to turn the car would just snap without warning.

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
Q:7
R:5

Qualification was a struggle due to the lag spikes and heavy traffic so I was way off from my timings in Tuesday’s practice session.
Had a fairly good and incident free race start, @Phoenix_ managed to overtake me by having a slightly faster exit speed in T1.

From then on I was in constant pursuit of @Phoenix_ , gap ranging from 0.5 to 1.5 seconds.
We both overtook @jam_my21 and @KrypticTMG after they both spun out unfortunately for them.
Feel bad for @KrypticTMG since he was incredibly fast in the practice session we had.

Eventually @Phoenix_ made a mistake as well in T1 and I moved on to P5. The roles were turned now by @Phoenix_ chasing me and putting pressure on.
I managed to keep my cool and hold him off until his crash, from then on the gap was 13 seconds and I could finish the race relatively stress free.

Very happy with P5, I hope I can stay in 5th position as well in the overall leaderboard but that will be a challenge with @Carlw1986 only 10 points separated from me and Monza coming up next week.

Congratulations to @CJBMX702 for taking the win on his home turf.

Thank you @mpc-v1 and @MrF1Radio for the nice broadcast once more.
(I didn’t see the invite for after race party chat, sorry!)

BearTaiko

Pro Karter
Oct 8, 2017
Q:13
R:9

I had a lot of lags during the qualifiers, but apparently I'm not the only one;)

With the little training I had, my goal was a race without error but it led to a bad pace.
The lack of training does not forgive in this group :lol:

Congratulations to the podiums and thanks again for the organisation and stream (y)

Reactions: FOGGY #7