PS4 - GT3 Elite -Season 8 - Round 6 - Monza GP - 13/12/2017 - 8pm UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 Elite -Season 8 - Round 6 - Monza GP - 13/12/2017 - 8pm UK Time

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Easier said than done when your trying to fend off pursuing racers for position :stig:. Look m8. I fully understand how it works, but in League racing ! Its always going to be a NO from me. Like I said its to unrealistic and feels like some Arcade TT Coin racer with it activated (n). It just ruins the racing and wiill just cause loads more extra work for the guys in the stewards. Cheaters always get found out anyhow :finger:
Its a Test season with a New unpatched game, so hoping we can see some more consistency with it, before its even considered for League racing. :)
You know it's the same for everybody, right?
Just stay on track mate then. You're in Elite so I guess you are able to stay between the lines. :smuggrin:

Anyway, nevermind,I'd better shut my mouth sometimes haha.

Reactions: FOGGY #7

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
I'll just add this, for the record.
During development, Ian Bell wanted to implement a much more lenient system allowing a greater margin riding the curbs and painted areas.
Many guys, leagues racers and organizers, voiced quite strongly that they wanted a much more strict rule.

In AOR, the rule is : four tyres out => cut.
With Ian Bell idea, it would be better for racing but not for tracking cuts, giving a lot of stewards inquiries (Like what we saw before patch 3).

I mean, what's the point of having a cut detection that is more lenient than what leagues rules allow ?
There is a slight problem with the advantage detection but this will be sorted in patch 4 I guess.
The point is that you won't see any cutting around Monza and that's a great thing ;)

Phoenix_

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Oct 24, 2017
I quite like the stricter cutting corners/track extension policy. A couple of times during practice I had to lift a bit to avoid going too wide, and it worked fine.
This should actually help with the steward inquiries.
Now you can't ignore the warning to slow down. If you get it and don't slow down, small penalty. Do it again, large penalty.

Same as in iRacing, and it works well there.

Reactions: Wizard

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
In theory it's a good idea by it looks like SMS have made it slightly unrealistic. I hate to think what spa is like now. I wouldn't call Monza a hight cutting track some are 10 times worse

• Agree
Reactions: Ironik and FOGGY #7

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
In theory it's a good idea by it looks like SMS have made it slightly unrealistic. I hate to think what spa is like now. I wouldn't call Monza a hight cutting track some are 10 times worse
Yeah, I agree.
With patch 2 it was awfull around Imola, Spa and Algarve for example.
I'm quite sure all this cuts wouldn't occured with patch 3.
Is it good for close racing and great battles? No.
Is it good to make sure drivers follow the rules? Yes, definitely !

The point is that with this system, everybody has to follow the rules even if it's too harsh currently and I think it's good for a fair competition.

Reactions: Wizard and Phoenix_

Phoenix_

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, I agree.
With patch 2 it was awfull around Imola, Spa and Algarve for example.
I'm quite sure all this cuts wouldn't occured with patch 3.
Is it good for close racing and great battles? No.
Is it good to make sure drivers follow the rules? Yes, definitely !

The point is that with this system, everybody has to follow the rules even if it's too harsh currently and I think it's good for a fair competition.
Definitely good for fair competition.

Not what we are doing here, but the ESL events were a joke. Some people were going 3 cars out wide without consequences. In Spa for instance, completely cutting Eau Rouge.
Some guys were even proud of exploring track limits and were actively exploring every single cut they could.

I hope not to regret what I'm saying now, when we actually race tomorrow :D

Reactions: Wizard and Ironik

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
ESL...
Did some races there, that place is like the wild west, especially in the qualification sessions. No decent stewarding at all.
Plus the sessions are so short that if you get rammed of the road, your race is pretty much over.
Nothing compared to the experience at AOR.

It always amazes me that when some money is involved people start to behave like idiots.

Phoenix_

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Oct 24, 2017
ESL...
Did some races there, that place is like the wild west, especially in the qualification sessions. No decent stewarding at all.
Plus the sessions are so short that if you get rammed of the road, your race is pretty much over.
Nothing compared to the experience at AOR.

It always amazes me that when some money is involved people start to behave like idiots.
VP has a strong presence there, some of "our" guys consistently win or finish in the podium. But you are right, you can be paired with crash kids and if they ram you in the first turns, you're done... When you practice for a week and then you are pushed out by someone who thinks he can overtake everyone in the first turn, it can be pretty infuriating. But on the other hand, there are super drivers there and it's very competitive. And it's all default setups, which levels the playing field.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Right guys I ain't turned a wheel since last race and am just doing update now. No time to test full race distance so after a little help regarding fuel to get me to the end. Plus I take it hards are to risky and softs are the best option

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Fuel is over 100 ltrs for me. But that's the Audi. Tyres - Not sure what people are running. But hards have been pritty useless for me.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Fuel is over 100 ltrs for me. But that's the Audi. Tyres - Not sure what people are running. But hards have been pritty useless for me.
I'm just gonna be safe and just use the softs it's probably the best option especially with the live track as the temps will change plus the heavy cloud cover IMO

Reactions: FOGGY #7

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Wow just tried the new patch and it's crazy with the slow down pens:oops: imo it's a little to over the top your deffo gonna see slower q times

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Gutted. My mic cut out so no commentary. Was really looking forward to that.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
@BearTaiko sorry for hitting you at the start it seemed like everyone accelated at the start then slowed down again.would be interesting to see a replay of the start :unsure:after that my car was suffering understeer and costing me over 1sec a lap. Then I got hit in the rear by @KungJarnix but that was probably down to how slow and sluggish my car was after the damage I already had. Stayed out as long as I could. It it was getting harder so pitted and come back out by @Dannyvdmeer great overtake into the first corner (y)But the right hander after you squeezed me up onto the curd towards the wall a little to much when you had the inside line for the next corner :confused: you will probably see it on your race replay. Your spotter might have been asleep as they somtime do :sleep: binned it after that and decided to retire. Had no practice and a car with a default setup which just didn't work for my style of driving you could get away with it I. The lower tier not practicing but not in Elite

Last edited:

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Someone went early at the start and just consenteener effect followed. Yep the start was pretty abismal really.

FFS this game :rolleyes:. Checked my 'SAVED' pit strategy, before going to track for the Race. It had all changed - Tyre pressures way off! EVERYTHING had all changed.( NO Time t sort):mad: Got damage off CJs spin. Pitted! With out of sync pit strategy. Car was undriveable. Retired yet again!
Season 9 puh - Not looking good.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
@BearTaiko sorry for hitting you at the start it seemed like everyone accelated at the start then slowed down again.would be interesting to see a replay of the start :unsure:after that my car was suffering understeer and costing me over 1sec a lap. Then I got hit in the rear by @KungJarnix but that was probably down to how slow and sluggish my car was after the damage I already had. Stayed out as long as I could. It it was getting harder so pitted and come back out by @Dannyvdmeer great overtake into the first corner (y)But the right hander after you squeezed me up onto the curd towards the wall a little to much :confused: you will probably see it on your race replay. Your spotter might have been asleep as they somtime do :sleep: binned it after that and decided to retire. Had no practice and a car with a default setup which just didn't work for my style of driving you could get away with it I. The lower tier not practicing but not in Elite
Someone went early at the start and just consenteener effect followed. Yep the start was pretty abismal really.

FFS this game :rolleyes:. Checked my 'SAVED' pit strategy, before going to track for the Race. It had all changed - Tyre pressures way off! EVERYTHING had all changed.( NO Time t sort):mad: Got damage off CJs spin. Pitted! With out of sync pit strategy. Car was undriveable. Retired yet again!
Season 9 puh - Don'
Think that's y I binned it again I was on fresh tyres but didn't feel the same as what I started on