PS4 - GT3 Elite -Season 8 - Round 6 - Monza GP - 13/12/2017 - 8pm UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 Elite -Season 8 - Round 6 - Monza GP - 13/12/2017 - 8pm UK Time

Phoenix_

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Q:8
R:5

I chose to start in softs for this race, as I couldn't complete one single lap in the hards without crashing. If someone managed to drive a Ferrari in hards, kudos to your driving and setup abilities!

I didn't know if the tires would hold for a complete race, therefore I had prepared a pit stop, just in case.

After a slightly disappointing qualifying (went 1 second faster in practice), it was time for racing!

Started off playing it safe, to avoid any damage to the car. That would be very costly in the straights.
Then, I see a Ferrari (@CJBMX702) facing me and cars everywhere! I managed to avoid trouble, stay on track and barely lift from the throttle, which allowed me to jump from 8th to 3rd, right behind @Sapo001.

While chasing @Sapo001 I saw my Ferrari was much faster down the straights.
Lesson 1 for myself: Take more time to overtake. Just stick behind the front car and get proper corner exit in order to overtake in the straight. I was pushing in places where I shouldn't, ended up with bad corner exits, and couldn't come close enough in the straights.

Then I missed a braking point and totally cut the first chicane. Had to wait to give the position back. Extended track limits a couple of times. Was at this point sitting in 4th, behind @BearTaiko , and lost contact with Sapo.
Lesson 2: Again, be more patient. Don't make mistakes trying to push too hard to overtake.

Then my race settled and started to get consistent. Overtook @BearTaiko for 3rd, gained some space, and started to manage tire wear for a lot of laps.....
I really wanted that podium position :)

Around lap 27 my front left was giving so much vibration, that my FFB started going bananas. I decided to play it safe and pit.
Came out in 5th, hoping the front guys also had to pit. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.
On a fresh set of tires, I just started pushing really hard, to try and get to @jam_my21. He was 20 seconds ahead and I was hoping that, even if he didn't have to stop, that tire wear would slow him down. I managed to close the gap to around 7 seconds at one stage, but it was too much to close.

Almost at the end, with @Carlw1986 on my tail to lap me, I slowed down to let him through in the first chicane. I went left as much as I could so he could go inside in the first turn, but I think he wasn't expecting this and just drove into my back. I'm sorry Carl! I'm very happy that incident didn't destroy our races.

Cruised home in 5th, pretty happy with the result, but wishing I could have held to that 3rd place.

As a summary of the season:
- I'm not very experienced in car racing sims, and it showed. Learned a lot along the season.
- Really need to learn how to do setups, or move to leagues with fixed setup.
- You guys are a super nice bunch.
- And the broadcasts were amazing! I loved reviewing the race with commentaries @mpc-v1 @MrF1Radio.

Thank you everyone, it was a great first experience at AOR!

Sapo001

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 24, 2017
Q:3
R:2

Yesssss, finally on the podium !!
During the tests, I realized that I had the same problem with the tires as at SPA. The softs tires gave me a better grip of the rear but by cons a lot of understeer in some corners. On the other hand the hard tires, it was the opposite, good front grip but oversteer under braking. So I tried hard in the front and the softs to the rear, and it works!
Small contact with @KrypticTMG on the starting line but no damage, small contact with @CJBMX702 when he lost control. I spent the rest of the race with 4 damage on the front. I hesitated to pit but I quickly realized that I was not alone in this situation, so I continued the race.
Can not keep pace with @Carlw1986 so I managed the tires to keep up the race.

Thank you for the exceptional organization and also the participants for their fairplay. I have rarely met a championship of this quality.

Hoping to see you on the track soon.

Sapo001

KungJarnix

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 21, 2016
Q:12
P:8

Congrats @Sisuvoima10 for your outstanding performance. You deserved the win this season.

I was not realy looking forward to this race. Never liked Monza mostly because I’ve chosen cars that are nimble instead of fast in a straight line. Tried to get a decent setup but I was not confident in it on race day and I also have a lot of stuff going around in my life right now. Tried my outmost anyway and went on a setup with 1 klick downforce in the back which was a pretty stressful choice and probably was the cause of me being included in an incident with my former teammate @NICK-NITRO . I thought I had to go with this because of the experience I had in a couple of online races which showed that I had no chance in the straights to the Ferraris. Instead of playing on the McLaren’s strengths I tried to much to compensate for its weakness and sacrifice corner speed to straight line speed.
As for the league standings I had a stroke of luck in @KrypticTMG s misfortune for the points. Sure I was happy with that because beating him in the points battle was a goal for me and motivated me to evolve my race craft. I would like to thank you @KrypticTMG for making me a better driver. You inspired me with your videos and your superfast pace. This time the turtle won over the rabbit ;P.

Also I’m realy impressed by the levels of the top drivers. Usually the pc driver’s had the edge to the console guys but we have flipped that over. If you want to compete with the best i fell like the ps4 is the place to be right now.

And I would also like to thank all of you being behind the experience that we all shared. Especially @MrF1Radio and @mpc-v1 , @C-FOGARTY and the stewards Looking forward to the next season. But for now a more casual offseason with lots of bad food and rest =)

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Q:12
P:8

Congrats @Sisuvoima10 for your outstanding performance. You deserved the win this season.

I was not realy looking forward to this race. Never liked Monza mostly because I’ve chosen cars that are nimble instead of fast in a straight line. Tried to get a decent setup but I was not confident in it on race day and I also have a lot of stuff going around in my life right now. Tried my outmost anyway and went on a setup with 1 klick downforce in the back which was a pretty stressful choice and probably was the cause of me being included in an incident with my former teammate @NICK-NITRO . I thought I had to go with this because of the experience I had in a couple of online races which showed that I had no chance in the straights to the Ferraris. Instead of playing on the McLaren’s strengths I tried to much to compensate for its weakness and sacrifice corner speed to straight line speed.
As for the league standings I had a stroke of luck in @KrypticTMG s misfortune for the points. Sure I was happy with that because beating him in the points battle was a goal for me and motivated me to evolve my race craft. I would like to thank you @KrypticTMG for making me a better driver. You inspired me with your videos and your superfast pace. This time the turtle won over the rabbit ;P.

Also I’m realy impressed by the levels of the top drivers. Usually the pc driver’s had the edge to the console guys but we have flipped that over. If you want to compete with the best i fell like the ps4 is the place to be right now.

And I would also like to thank all of you being behind the experience that we all shared. Especially @MrF1Radio and @mpc-v1 , @C-FOGARTY and the stewards Looking forward to the next season. But for now a more casual offseason with lots of bad food and rest =)

I tried the mclaren after the race on a few tracks and it felt slower and sluggish in the corners since the patch

Reactions: KungJarnix

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Most of you have probably realized that we wont be racing till atleast early February 2018 with GT3 again.
I will put some races on if we get a show of hands. (Not as a Social) :facepalm::rolleyes:
Is there any race or Track you would like to do again? Just leaving this for Elite Tier Racers (with maybe the odd exception) . A good time also to check what the Cars are like in race conditions - if your considering a Car change For S9. I personally would like to do Monza - Brands or Imola again ! Where I had a disaster with the game . Thoughts ? Full Rules & Regs will still apply - but obviously not official .:finger::)

@KrypticTMG @Sisuvoima10 @CJBMX702 @jam_my21 @Walter---79 @Dannyvdmeer @Rbr46 @KungJarnix @Holtzmann @NICK-NITRO @Sapo001 @BearTaiko @Phoenix_ @mpc-v1 @Wallgren @Carlw1986

Last edited:
Reactions: Sapo001

Phoenix_

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Most of you have probably realized that we wont be racing till atleast early February 2018 with GT3 again.
I will put some races on if we get a show of hands. (Not as a Social) :facepalm::rolleyes:
Is there any race or Track you would like to do again? Just leaving this for Elite Tier Racers . A good time also to check what the Cars are like in race conditions - if your considering a Car change For S9. I personally would like to do Monza - Brands or Imola again ! Where I had a disaster with the game . Thoughts ? Full Rules & Regs will still apply - but obviously not official .:finger::)
I'm up for this, as all other leagues pause for Christmas holidays anyway.
How about a new track? Like Bathurst, Zhuhai, etc?

FOGGY #7

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
I'm up for this, as all other leagues pause for Christmas holidays anyway.
How about a new track? Like Bathurst, Zhuhai, etc?
Thanks. Im up for any track - Keeping racing, is more important to me, but would prefer to keep it within the group, were we are on a similar pace. I will wait for more to reply and hopefully we can have a race up Next week.

Sapo001

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 24, 2017
Is there any race or Track you would like to do again? Just leaving this for Elite Tier Racers (with maybe the odd exception) . A good time also to check what the Cars are like in race conditions - if your considering a Car change For S9. I personally would like to do Monza - Brands or Imola again ! Where I had a disaster with the game . Thoughts ? Full Rules & Regs will still apply - but obviously not official .:finger::)

@KrypticTMG @Sisuvoima10 @CJBMX702 @jam_my21 @Walter---79 @Dannyvdmeer @Rbr46 @KungJarnix @Holtzmann @NICK-NITRO @Sapo001 @BearTaiko @Phoenix_ @mpc-v1 @Wallgren @Carlw1986
I'm in !

Reactions: FOGGY #7

Wallgren

Pro Karter
Sep 17, 2017

I'm in for some more racing.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Thanks. Im up for any track - Keeping racing, is more important to me, but would prefer to keep it within the group, were we are on a similar pace. I will wait for more to reply and hopefully we can have a race up Next week.
Fuji is a good track with a very technical t2 and t3

FOGGY #7

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Fuji is a good track with a very technical t2 and t3
I like Fuji. Just a shame that Hairpin and flip flop chicane is there. I Preferrd the 3-4 gear right hander end of Sector 2. :stig:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: NICK-NITRO

KrypticTMG

F1 1st Driver
Apr 4, 2015

I'd prefer a new track where we can get a bit more wheel to wheel action like COTA Indy road or Fuji

CJBMX702

2 time AOR PS4 GT3 T1 Champion
Jul 17, 2016

I would go for something we didn’t use this season.

FOGGY #7

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Pointless going back to S8 tracks, agreed!
I do like the sound of Fuji GP. :)
So far we got a possible 9 for the Grid.
A very good nine as well.

Maybe a Mini Far East Tour
Fuji - Zhuhai - Sakitto - Sugo
Or mix it up with Daytona Road - Long Beach. Getting ahead of myself here :happy:. Be fun either way.
Do the first race Next wed. Then we discuss if we do anymore over the Christmas period or Early New year.

I was hoping for 10 to go. Looking good so far.