PS4 - GT3 Pro League - S6 - Round 2 - Bathurst - 30/11/16 - 8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 Pro League - S6 - Round 2 - Bathurst - 30/11/16 - 8PM UK time

SnrMendonca

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 20, 2016
Qualified 9th
Race 5th

Similar to last week I decided to keep myself together especially at this track where an accident ruins your race and it ended up been the correct tactic. Didn't make a mistake all race really while others did around me. My tyres were quite fresh even at the end as a result so finished all by myself in 5th. Very happy with the result and the drive. Consistency is the key

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
My race was trashed on lap 1 when @sp0rtl1fe completely wiped me out causing damage. Looked like I was used as an aid to slow their car for the corner.

And as for @YabbaTheHutt. I know your not a dirty racer and it was an accident. At a normal track I could have went wide to avoid but there was no avoiding it. I won't take it to the stewards as I know it was no way intentional and by that point my race was already bad thanks to the @sp0rtl1fe move

I'll do a short report tomorrow

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
Qualified: 15
Race: 6

How the he'll did that happen!?!

In practice I literally couldn't put 3 clean laps together, then I managed 29 in a row for the race :lol:.

I wasn't expecting a lot from this race so I just took it as steady as I could and avoided the walls, I just kept picking up places as people spun and crashed out. I was quite happy with the overtake on @Griff1894 (I think) on about lap 4/5 under braking into the left hander after the fast downhill section. @Barker95 ppushed me hard for a while, he was so much quicker than me at the top of the hill but there was just nowhere to overtake. When he did finally get past me I tried not to laugh when he then crashed on the next corner :whistle:.

The last 4/5 laps were a bit tight when I could see my team mate @Archie619 catching me by 3/4 seconds a lap, but I held him off to earn my first points for Team O'Glock :joyful:.

sp0rtl1fe

Pro Karter
Nov 17, 2016
My race was trashed on lap 1 when @sp0rtl1fe completely wiped me out causing damage. Looked like I was used as an aid to slow their car for the corner.

And as for @YabbaTheHutt. I know your not a dirty racer and it was an accident. At a normal track I could have went wide to avoid but there was no avoiding it. I won't take it to the stewards as I know it was no way intentional and by that point my race was already bad thanks to the @sp0rtl1fe move

I'll do a short report tomorrow
Hi Archie, I'm really sorry for that crash. I was off my normal line and lost the car under braking going downhill. I tried to recover but couldn't avoid the crash anymore. Stopped to give back the position but I can imagine you had quite some damage from the crash. Again I'm real sorry that I ruined the race for you, I hope you understand it wasn't intentional. I wasn't trying to overtake or anything.

Barker95

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
May 26, 2015
Qualified: 15
Race: 6

How the he'll did that happen!?!

In practice I literally couldn't put 3 clean laps together, then I managed 29 in a row for the race :lol:.

I wasn't expecting a lot from this race so I just took it as steady as I could and avoided the walls, I just kept picking up places as people spun and crashed out. I was quite happy with the overtake on @Griff1894 (I think) on about lap 4/5 under braking into the left hander after the fast downhill section. @Barker95 ppushed me hard for a while, he was so much quicker than me at the top of the hill but there was just nowhere to overtake. When he did finally get past me I tried not to laugh when he then crashed on the next corner :whistle:.

The last 4/5 laps were a bit tight when I could see my team mate @Archie619 catching me by 3/4 seconds a lap, but I held him off to earn my first points for Team O'Glock :joyful:.
I would of laughed as well if I wasn't crying ha

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Qualifying: 4th - Made some bold setup tweaks during qualifying and it helped me get close to my best lap but looking at it from another point of view I was quicker than last season so I cant really complain given I had not done too much practice.

Race: 7th - Disaster doesn't even come close lol Lap 1 I get shunted off my @sp0rtl1fe and get some damage. I tried to live with it for a few laps but I was dicing with death at a few corners as the car snapped with oversteer due to the damage. Decided to pit and hope I get some clear air which I did. Came out in 12th I believe and had @Wimstradamus behind me. The gaps were pretty constant until I started rapidly closing on Yabba by about a second a lap. Then came another disaster when I came across @YabbaTheHutt spread across the road with no where for me to go and no time to react I plowed into his car head on. This lost me a lot of time however the car handling wasn't actually damaged. I continued but noticed I was losing sheds of time down the straights and after some discussion with Team O'Glock members I worked out I was losing around 10-11mph down the straights which in turn was losing me gallons of time. Back into the pits I went and came back out on a charge. Made a very bold move on @Griff1894 braking very late after the downhill straight and just made the corner then the charge to catch @NumptyNed was on. Got it down to around 3.4 seconds at the end. Maybe another couple laps and Id have got him but had to settle with 7th

At least this ones now out of the way and I can look forward to the rest of the season. Congrats to Ned on a stellar drive. I'll need to get back down to business or Toto will be getting me replaced in the team lol

Last edited:

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Little late with my race review but here go's

Q P8
R dnf
Qualy went well, didn't expect p8, in practice a 2.09 was my best lap but dit a 2.06 in qualy.
I was planning to drive save and not fast, (did a few races here already)
Start was ok after turn 1 had to lift for the guy in front couldn't go around because @Michel--NL was along side me.
That gave @SnrMendonca the opportunity to try to overtake me both went through turn 2 clean but than he had a better exit.
So in p8 was following the guys in until lap 3 i spun in the downhill section and had to let the pack pass and rejoined in p15.
Got little damage (wheel wasn't straight anymore) tried for two laps but lost top speed on the straight so pitted for repairs.
Slowly gained some place back got to p8 in lap 20 but crashed big time in the uphill section, drove back to the pit with a max of 60 kph and dropped back to p13.
To crash again after two laps, i was so gutted (think that's the right word for it) i retired to pits.

Better luck next time

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Took a couple days but the video finally finished with the overlay. But after looking at the points at the end I came to the surprise I forgot to give an extra point for the pole :banghead:
The next race video will have this fixed. And hopefully some better driving from me :nailbiting:

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Took a couple days but the video finally finished with the overlay. But after looking at the points at the end I came to the surprise I forgot to give an extra point for the pole :banghead:
The next race video will have this fixed. And hopefully some better driving from me :nailbiting:
Got to love those Pcars repays :banghead:, driving a Merc instead my Ruf :inpain:

• Agree
Reactions: Griff1894