PS4 - GT3 S10 Evaluation/ Practice Indianapolis Road Course - MONDAY 02.07.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 S10 Evaluation/ Practice Indianapolis Road Course - MONDAY 02.07.18 @8pm UK time

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Hi,

nice one. Sorry @Chocolata4Life for the hit in the first lap, I braked a bit too late.
Quali P3, Race P4. Very happy. Great job by the back markers ?

@tomaprice you started from the wrong side. Pole is on the right because first corner is a right-hander ?

cheers,
D.
Yea I was like....great the start is messed up but not a big deal as we kept formation through the first corner then I saw @NICK-NITRO lose the back end somewhere turn 3 or 4

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
So I can’t qualify with a good time to save my life but race pace is pretty decent. Felt very comfortable driving the first half of the race and had a great battle with @Camo_C really enjoyed that one mate. Last 15 laps car felt terrible, rear end got very happy and had no confidence. Might make a few tweaks to the set up but as of right now I’m feeling ok for Wednesday.

Reactions: Camo_C

Camo_C

2 Times AOR PS4 Project Cars2 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
Had a rough qualifying, but performed well in the race. Unfortunate clash a couple lap in, I had front row seats! ha.
@oo7_pROF3SSIONAL awesome fights man, we stayed nice and clean, best part that was. Glad I got practice done, confident with my race pace.

Reactions: oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Yea I was like....great the start is messed up but not a big deal as we kept formation through the first corner then I saw @NICK-NITRO lose the back end somewhere turn 3 or 4
@Marcos Moutinho spun in front of me and I had to swerve to miss him, I got what I wanted out the session before my wheel DSC, pace was ok but car still needs some work at the rear.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
@Marcos Moutinho spun in front of me and I had to swerve to miss him, I got what I wanted out the session before my wheel DSC, pace was ok but car still needs some work at the rear.
Same. The rear I’m still not happy with. I’m fighting it most of the race and just dealing with it. I don’t really know what else I can do without messing with the front end or making it unstable or getting understeer which I already have. So I’m kinda stuck.

Reactions: Matthew010383

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
That’s a stretch of the truth.

I’ve always been very difficult to pass in league racing because of my car positioning defensively.

Seems like you got frustrated and went silly right before you rage quit. The comments on my stream seemed to think so.
i'm talking about the two times when i got a better run out of the chicane and onto the fast right hander - 1st time i guess you just didn't see me pulling alongside, second time i was further alongside and you moved right over I was already touching the kerb - 1st time i backed out and spun, 2nd time i didn't back out and carried my speed through and past you,you then hit my rear as i braked for the tight right-hander and pushed your way past. squeezing a car that is already alongside you is NOT good defensive driving, nor is hitting him up the a*se when he's got past

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
i'm talking about the two times when i got a better run out of the chicane and onto the fast right hander - 1st time i guess you just didn't see me pulling alongside, second time i was further alongside and you moved right over I was already touching the kerb - 1st time i backed out and spun, 2nd time i didn't back out and carried my speed through and past you,you then hit my rear as i braked for the tight right-hander and pushed your way past. squeezing a car that is already alongside you is NOT good defensive driving, nor is hitting him up the a*se when he's got past

I don't have time to go through all my footage. I enjoy a good hard, but fair, battle. I can't find me hitting you but If at any point I did push it to far then I will definitely offer my apologies.

Reactions: oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

Last 15 laps car felt terrible, rear end got very happy and had no confidence.
pace was ok but car still needs some work at the rear.
same here. I can harden or soften the rear ARB. Racepace with hard rear in the higher 1:25s, with the softer one in the lower 1:26. But with the hard end I'll have at last one, maybe two or three spins, which is too risky for the race. So I'll use the soft variant for the race as I did in the eval.

Tires are great 'til the end, best lap was the 62nd.

D.

• Agree
Reactions: de-thomas

Martynvr

F1 Multiple Champion
Mar 28, 2016
You Guys managed to increase time while the race progressed and felt like the track was cooling down? Close times for this one short little lap wicked race tomorrow?

tomaprice

Pro Karter
May 22, 2018
Very consistent pace from lap 1 to 45, then i lost 1 sec per lap because of oversteering. But globally i'm confident with my setup. It should be a close race.

Reactions: NICK-NITRO

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
I don't have time to go through all my footage. I enjoy a good hard, but fair, battle. I can't find me hitting you but If at any point I did push it to far then I will definitely offer my apologies.

currently uploading my complete pov to youtube - no time for fancy editing, but i will index the 2 incidents i'm referring to

for the most part your defence was ok, and i was enjoying trying to break you down, but there are a few points where i feel you exceeded the bounds of fairness and i expect the heat didn't help my state of mind ;)

Last edited:

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
currently uploading my complete pov to youtube - no time for fancy editing, but i will index the 2 incidents i'm referring to

for the most part your defence was ok, and i was enjoying trying to break you down, but there are a few points where i feel you exceeded the bounds of fairness and i expect the heat didn't help my state of mind ;)

No worries, I will take a look.

One thing i was noticing last night that when i have the wheel turned, my hand blocks the lower portion of my screen and impedes my view of my proximity arrows. They're much higher on F1 so it's never been an issue.

screen.jpg

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
No worries, I will take a look.

One thing i was noticing last night that when i have the wheel turned, my hand blocks the lower portion of my screen and impedes my view of my proximity arrows. They're much higher on F1 so it's never been an issue.

View attachment 51913

incidents at 26:00 and 43:45 to 44:15 as i said 1st one probs just unaware, 2nd i think you should have seen me and you then pushed me out through next 2 turns

Camo_C

2 Times AOR PS4 Project Cars2 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
Just thought i'd give my opinions across @Slicker @washy03
26:00 - Agreed, probably unaware at the time. No harm done.

43:45 - Hard one really. Where you roll onto the curb, it's more evident on fast corners where it pushes your car away. In this circumstance your car was then pushed towards Washy's car, ending in collision. With that happening, could there been enough room without touching the curb (who knows). In addition, with that situation happening a second time at the same corner, maybe Washy could have moved over a tad more.

44:15 - Bit of both IMO. Looks like a tight gap for Washy to go through & because of this, the left turn was always going to end with hard rubbing. As this was only lap 29, maybe it would have been an idea to slow down a little, gain control, and then push for the rest of the race. whether Washy gained a small lead or not, can always pull it back. 30+ laps left, anything can happen.

Again, just my opinions. At least this was the practice race.

Reactions: MORETHANAMAZING

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Very consistent pace from lap 1 to 45, then i lost 1 sec per lap because of oversteering. But globally i'm confident with my setup. It should be a close race.
Yea you just vanished into the distance the first half of the race but then the gap stayed kinda consistent for awhile then I started making mistakes. They cost you big time and I can’t afford any tomorrow if I want to fight for a top 5.

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016

incidents at 26:00 and 43:45 to 44:15 as i said 1st one probs just unaware, 2nd i think you should have seen me and you then pushed me out through next 2 turns
Just thought i'd give my opinions across @Slicker @washy03
26:00 - Agreed, probably unaware at the time. No harm done.

43:45 - Hard one really. Where you roll onto the curb, it's more evident on fast corners where it pushes your car away. In this circumstance your car was then pushed towards Washy's car, ending in collision. With that happening, could there been enough room without touching the curb (who knows). In addition, with that situation happening a second time at the same corner, maybe Washy could have moved over a tad more.

44:15 - Bit of both IMO. Looks like a tight gap for Washy to go through & because of this, the left turn was always going to end with hard rubbing. As this was only lap 29, maybe it would have been an idea to slow down a little, gain control, and then push for the rest of the race. whether Washy gained a small lead or not, can always pull it back. 30+ laps left, anything can happen.

Again, just my opinions. At least this was the practice race.

My thoughts kind of mirror @Camo_C opinions.
It got scrappy at the end but at the time I believed you approached with zero patience after the first battle.

Seeing it back it’s clear the kerb unsettled your car with you having very little space for error.
Also in hindsight the move to retain my position into the left was optimistic at best.
There was no malicious intent from either of us, it’s just you were faster than me and I’m an absolute bus. ?

Reactions: Camo_C

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
My thoughts kind of mirror @Camo_C opinions.
It got scrappy at the end but at the time I believed you approached with zero patience after the first battle.

Seeing it back it’s clear the kerb unsettled your car with you having very little space for error.
Also in hindsight the move to retain my position into the left was optimistic at best.
There was no malicious intent from either of us, it’s just you were faster than me and I’m an absolute bus. ?
tbh i thought i was pretty patient, although i was quicker through all the tight stuff, i didn't try and force a pass, just took the only opportunity i had to get a run on you on a nice wide section of track, but i had just spent 12 laps making up the time and places i lost after the first incident and may have been getting a bit frazzled by then ;)
btw i think the time i hit you in turn 3/4 should be taken in context with all the times i didn't hit you in the same place despite you taking a wide entry and then cutting back across me in the turn :)

Reactions: washy03