PC - GT3 S8 AM - R1: Imola 08/11/2017 @ 8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 S8 AM - R1: Imola 08/11/2017 @ 8PM

TheNetman

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 11, 2017
We’re getting closer to the start of this season. I hope you are all as excited as I am :)

Few extra tips and reminders :)
  • it’s a long race. You can’t win it in turn 1, but you can lose it in turn 1.
  • be patient, don’t force passes. If you are faster, you will find a way past.
  • when lapping or being lapped, be predictable (both parties). Don’t move out of the way. Hold your line, enable the faster driver to pass safely, e.g. on a straight (you can lift or brake a little early)
  • stay calm and remember your practice. Don’t panic. You’re all perfectly capable of racing safely. Be safe and be smart.
  • check your strategy and fuel in your setup. Don’t go out with the wrong fuel load :)
  • don’t bother spending time on the setup. Spend it on training to drive consistent. When you are consistent, you can gain time with a setup. Until then, being inconsistent costs more time than the best setup in the world can give you.
    (Iracing quote: before looking under the hood, fix the nut behind the wheel)
  • HAVE FUN!
Wow, I have to remember that quote!

Reactions: Stephan

Henry Gordan

F1 Sponsored Driver
Mar 9, 2017
And remember to keep silent until everyone has finished. Last lap may be costly if you lose your concentration

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hype! Hype! Hype!!!

Soooon the season kicks off!

Remember to finalize your car choice - you’ll be racing that car the entire season.

See you soon online :)

Ron Steel

Pro Karter
Feb 15, 2017
Ok thanks. I dont use discord so far ist there something special to follow or need I a permission to get in the group ?
Sorry for my stupid questions

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Ok thanks. I dont use discord so far ist there something special to follow or need I a permission to get in the group ?
Sorry for my stupid questions
No worries, no stupid questions:)
I recommend installing discord and requesting the permissions now-ish.

You won’t need a microphone but listening in is important, as we might have to restart the lobby, improvise something on the race start or otherwise need to communicate.

Would it be possible for you to install discord?

Ron Steel

Pro Karter
Feb 15, 2017
No worries, no stupid questions:)
I recommend installing discord and requesting the permissions now-ish.

You won’t need a microphone but listening in is important, as we might have to restart the lobby, improvise something on the race start or otherwise need to communicate.

Would it be possible for you to install discord?
Yes I installed it now under Ron Steel

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
awesome!
See you soon on track!
Quick note: once I'm in game, I will not see Steam messages and the likes (drawback of VR).
So, if you have any questions, problems, etc. please use voice in discord.

Thank you!

VRT Ringrose

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 21, 2016
No idea with strategy and how do you install strategy?
[DOUBLEPOST=1510169243][/DOUBLEPOST]Install Crew Chief* XD

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
easiest strategy: edit your setup to have a full tank - you'll be fine with no stop.
otherwise, create some pit strategies, e.g. refill, tires, damage (repair) and any combo of them

Ron Steel

Pro Karter
Feb 15, 2017
Can someone give me the Server Password please Im new on discord and I have Problems to get into the group

Cannacoennos

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 5, 2016
Nice race guys,cant wait for next week
Champagne 4 the podium great work,My team mate 4e very good job!

Reactions: 3ddii3

LiboCZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
Well, that was not the race I was dreaming for :(
My quali was not good but I went with my race race, so place 16th was fine but than...
In the second lap (1st race lap) I had contact with @Ron Steel watched it several times and not sure if it is my fault or yours ones, anway I went into wall, had damage, went to pit and...

I hope next one it will be much better

Reactions: 3ddii3

Angg95

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 28, 2016
Great stuff everyone, really enjoyed it, just need to learn to keep it on the track and out the fricking gravel... more practice should do just fine!

3ddii3

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2015
Well it was an exciting first race; I am really impressed by the racing skills you guys showed, and the pace is really high.

I had an ok qualification I did a personal best 1.46.something and I cannot ask for more than that. On the first lap I was hit in the rear and got some damage witch followed, me the rest of the race (stupid of me not to pit) but I know that for next race heheh, the damage made my car almost impossible to take left turns :) witch resulted in many spins.

Congratulations to the top 3 guys :) well fucking done and for all the rest really good and clean driving :) see you guys next week.

3ddii3