PC - GT3 S8 AM - R3: Autodromo do Algavre 22/11/2017 @ 8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 S8 AM - R3: Autodromo do Algavre 22/11/2017 @ 8PM

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I wonder if someone will go for a 1 stop strategy to get fresh tires, or if we're all pushing through.
I'm quite good with my tires, so stopping is not really needed, but some cars with higher wear, it may become a valid strategy.

ahojekk

Formula 3 1st Driver
Oct 18, 2015
Ive had a practice yesterday with @LiboCZ and had some good fun, Im starting to become good friends with the track :) Hopefully I can improve some more, really like the flow of it.

The left tires are melting because of all those fast right handers, starts to feel pretty bad after a few laps. Also its really easy to extend a few corners by mistake, need to sort it out to stay clean as possible.

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
I wonder if someone will go for a 1 stop strategy to get fresh tires, or if we're all pushing through.
I'm quite good with my tires, so stopping is not really needed, but some cars with higher wear, it may become a valid strategy.
I don't think the tyres wear enough to make this strategy worth the time loss...
I got only 8% wear on left tyres for 24 laps.

Cloud

Formula Karter
Nov 19, 2017
What a great track, I havent raced on this track before and only had around 20 laps practice, and getting into the 1:41's, feels like a great track.

• Kappa
Reactions: Browny29 and Ironik

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
What a great track, I havent raced on this track before and only had around 20 laps practice, and getting into the 1:41's, feels like a great track.
41s? damn, that's fast! Race or qualifying setup?

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
20 laps and 1:41? Man, you are in the wrong tier!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Cloud

Formula Karter
Nov 19, 2017
20 laps and 1:41? Man, you are in the wrong tier!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Let's see if I can perform like this tomorrow / Wednesday, hopefully by then even better!

Always a different race when under some pressure. :)

Reactions: Isir

LiboCZ

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
Yeah, laps around 41s are not allowed for this tier :p

By the way I realized I am really struggling with track limits, especially first corner is really problem and therefore I am loosing a lot of time now in first corner and cannot make times under 45.