PC - GT3 S8 AM - R4: Brands Hatch GP 29/11/2017 @ 8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 S8 AM - R4: Brands Hatch GP 29/11/2017 @ 8PM

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Yeah all good :) Where will i find the lobby? (noob question, my bad)
No worries! Best is to add me on steam. I will open the lobby, it will be named AOR GT3 AM. I’ll share the password on discord, so please be there. You don’t need a microphone or speak there if you don’t want to, but it’s the channel we use for important real time info. We sometimes need to restart the lobby and the likes.

One further tip: install crew chief or a similar app, to get a reliable spotter working. It’s tremendously helpful :)

wookie2002

Pro Karter
Nov 26, 2017
Thank you :) just requested access on the discord channel, i've got a headset so all good. I'll get the app sorted tomorrow. Got the day off work. I can do some testing aswell haha.

Reactions: Stephan

ahojekk

Formula 3 1st Driver
Oct 18, 2015
Remember there's a new 2.7 GB patch to download before race, with those beauties :D

Performance balancing changes to the LMP1, GT3 and GT4 Classes.
Ferrari 488 GT3 - Reduced extra slip allowance at low speeds for better stability.

• Useful
Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
yes, everyone, please make sure to update in time.
Also give your cars a good test run, also in the wet, there have been changes to GT3 cars, balancing performance, as well as tire- and rain/wet related stuff.

wookie2002

Pro Karter
Nov 26, 2017
What about pit stops in the race, according to my setup I can only do 32 laps on a full tank. Will everyone be in the same boat?

ahojekk

Formula 3 1st Driver
Oct 18, 2015
Fuel consumption drop as the race goes (your car loses weight) + you'll use low fuel on 1st lap. Still you need to do your own calculations ;)

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
make sure to modify your setup and add fuel. depending on the car 80-110L should be just fine to do a no-stopper

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
Haha, Just fired up the game to run some practice laps. Temp on my front left through the roof, massive deg after 5 laps....... After trying to work out what was going on with the setup that had been working for days I realise there's been a patch. Back to the drawing board!

wookie2002

Pro Karter
Nov 26, 2017
Hey guys, just wanting some advice, I'm doing my practice as the race is setup and during the race i can run a decent lap quite early on, however all of a sudden I'll start dropping more and more time so I'm eventually going 4-5 seconds slower, is this just to do with track conditions? Because i don't feel like i'm doing anything different on track and it's not tyre wear etc. Im a fairly consistent driver usually. I am trying to get the hang of this game though. Really looking forward to really getting into it. Just wanted to see what everyone else's experience of the rain is like.

Witte29

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 13, 2017
Hey guys, just wanting some advice, I'm doing my practice as the race is setup and during the race i can run a decent lap quite early on, however all of a sudden I'll start dropping more and more time so I'm eventually going 4-5 seconds slower, is this just to do with track conditions? Because i don't feel like i'm doing anything different on track and it's not tyre wear etc. Im a fairly consistent driver usually. I am trying to get the hang of this game though. Really looking forward to really getting into it. Just wanted to see what everyone else's experience of the rain is like.
I have that to sometimes, it's the dynamic weather system.
It's also possible the track dry's and suddently your faster.

EDIT: Also i believe the track is not completely wet at the beginning of a session

wookie2002

Pro Karter
Nov 26, 2017
Ahhh I see, that would explain it. Having really only driven forza for the last 6 years or so, this is quite a shock to the system. First time I'm really putting time into something else.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
yes, the track will get slower with more and more water building up on track.
for the qualy: it's likely the track is faster for the first few minutes, which may lead to an advantage or disadvantage for some.
Question: Should we extend qualy by 5min but won't allow anyone to go out for the first 5min? that way, the track can get properly wet and everyone has the same conditions to qualify in?

• Agree
Reactions: Ironik

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
Question: Should we extend qualy by 5min but won't allow anyone to go out for the first 5min? that way, the track can get properly wet and everyone has the same conditions to qualify in?
I don't think we should, playing the weather to your advantage is part of racing :D

Witte29

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 13, 2017
For me its a yes and no situation to.

Normally you can do 2 hot laps with the "less water advantage."
So everybody should be able to get out and drive at least 1 hot laps.

But if u do change it i wouldnt mind