PC - GT3 S8 AM - R4: Brands Hatch GP 29/11/2017 @ 8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 S8 AM - R4: Brands Hatch GP 29/11/2017 @ 8PM

wookie2002

Pro Karter
Nov 26, 2017
Really enjoyed that! Was not expecting to be qualifying 2nd haha. Silly mistake cost it. Also didn't help that I had no HUD whatsoever in the race it turned itself off and there was nothing I could. Thank god I had my spotter and dash app to help me know kinda what was going on. Made my way to 6th after being 17th after my spin. I'll take that as I'm still getting used to this. Thanks guys for the help pre race aswell. Much appreciated. Looking forward to hopefully racing next week :).

Reactions: Witte29 and LiboCZ

Cannacoennos

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 5, 2016
These conditions where hell today ,but most of the time I stay on track:angelic: that helpt me to finish 10e.
Lots off fights and fun
My team mate 2e on the podium, thats great stuff !!!
Laguna here we come................................................

Reactions: LiboCZ

FreddieH

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 17, 2017
Last place, if it wasn't for my not so bad lap times I would really consider quitting. A pit stop that was not very usefull and damage that helped me clock my best lap time (really!). This game is weird. Who else had half a tank of fuel left?
The pit exit is a [email protected] at BH, sorry for the inconvenience! I had nowhere to go. I need to stay focused and and tryvto consistant cause too many spins and mistakes made an exciting race a bit if a bummer.
And all gou guys who finished (in front if me), a fine job well done!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Reactions: LiboCZ

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
in addition to that, VR was lagging, when moving my head it was jitter-ish... No idea how to better describe it.
high risk of getting sick.
I had the same exact thing...
That was horrible. Lagging and stuttering everywhere.

I suspect a gpu driver problem...

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
I had the same exact thing...
That was horrible. Lagging and stuttering everywhere.

I suspect a gpu driver problem...
Me too, Strange it only hit in the race and not qualifying. Hope @Stephan gets an answer from the SMS dev on if they know what's going on. I'll post about my race tomorrow after I stop feeling ill from VR hell!

Reactions: Stephan

Cloud

Formula Karter
Nov 19, 2017
Seems that this VR bug is something to do with a driver and its not just limited to me, i thought it was just my hardware messing up but thank god its not. I have reverted back to atleast 387 nvidia drivers where I heard there wasn't as many issues. I haven't tried a full race on it just yet but hopefully has fixed a few issues .

Reactions: Ironik

Browny29

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 14, 2017
Really enjoyed that! Was not expecting to be qualifying 2nd haha. Silly mistake cost it. Also didn't help that I had no HUD whatsoever in the race it turned itself off and there was nothing I could. Thank god I had my spotter and dash app to help me know kinda what was going on. Made my way to 6th after being 17th after my spin. I'll take that as I'm still getting used to this. Thanks guys for the help pre race aswell. Much appreciated. Looking forward to hopefully racing next week :).
You were right up my tail for 15 laps. Not good for my heart. Luckily for me the track is so narrow you couldn't get a proper move in. The Nissan seems quick though!

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
About the VR issue, I think it's not driver related.
The framerate itself is stable, the game fluent, the stuttering comes from moving your head, so the games head tracking is having issues when that happens.
It also continued from the race to the in game menus, even when leaving the lobby.
It did not happen in qualy. So I believe it's a bug that is triggered for every VR user in a specific online lobby.
Restarting the game fixes it.

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
The story of my race.... Running in 7th on lap 26.

I got back to the pits and got fixed up but annoyingly I selected the wrong strategy so didn't get nice new tyres for the end of the race.

Angg95

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 28, 2016
looks like i missed a good race, working on my pc issues. Got an ssd, moved my steam install of project cars 2 it, didn't realise had it installed on external hard drive. Hopefully should be better now. Also invested some time in MSI afterburner for my gpu, seems to also be stable, hoping for the best now :D

• Informative
Reactions: Stephan

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
About the VR issue, I think it's not driver related.
The framerate itself is stable, the game fluent, the stuttering comes from moving your head, so the games head tracking is having issues when that happens.
It also continued from the race to the in game menus, even when leaving the lobby.
It did not happen in qualy. So I believe it's a bug that is triggered for every VR user in a specific online lobby.
Restarting the game fixes it.
Did you read the link I posted ? I tested with an older driver and I'm almost sure it solved it.
Sadly, Windows decided to update my GPU driver to 388.13 before the race.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Did you read the link I posted ? I tested with an older driver and I'm almost sure it solved it.
Sadly, Windows decided to update my GPU driver to 388.13 before the race.
thanks! Now I saw it :)

Reactions: Ironik

wookie2002

Pro Karter
Nov 26, 2017
You were right up my tail for 15 laps. Not good for my heart. Luckily for me the track is so narrow you couldn't get a proper move in. The Nissan seems quick though!
Yeah I really enjoyed that, gutted I made another silly mistake cause we were catching the guy in 4th. Good racing! Loving the car! Doesn't feel as heavy as you think it would.

tRIP..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
The story of my race.... Running in 7th on lap 26.

I got back to the pits and got fixed up but annoyingly I selected the wrong strategy so didn't get nice new tyres for the end of the race.
Sooooo sorry about that. Like I said, if you want to take it to the Stewards, please feel free. It was completely avoidable decision on my part, I thought I could get back on the track to the other side off the racing line in time for you and the two following to get past, but I spun and ended up right in front of you. I could have just waited, but I messed up. Again, I'm sorry. My fault entirely. I hate that I ruined someone elses race.

• Friendly
Reactions: Witte29

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Reactions: psbob and LiboCZ

Henry Gordan

F1 Sponsored Driver
Mar 9, 2017
Well that was terrible.
Had front and rear damage in the formation lap.
Car wouldn't turn at all.

practice race last sunday all laps in 1.33
now was barely hitting 1.38

all and all glad it is over, wish the next race was tomorrow so i could forget about this race a little faster.
So was it you who crashed at the geid when formating

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
Sooooo sorry about that. Like I said, if you want to take it to the Stewards, please feel free. It was completely avoidable decision on my part, I thought I could get back on the track to the other side off the racing line in time for you and the two following to get past, but I spun and ended up right in front of you. I could have just waited, but I messed up. Again, I'm sorry. My fault entirely. I hate that I ruined someone elses race.
@tRIP.. Honestly don't worry about it. The way I see it you made a mistake and came back on the track. You had time to get off the racing line which you did. You didn't then spin again on purpose.... just wet dirty tyres!!!! I get annoyed with late lunges that punt me off the track, not with mistakes like that as we all make them. Just one of those things!!!! I was actually more annoyed with the fact I selected the wrong strategy and didn't get fresh tyres after the pitstop to fix the damage. Would have been fun on some fresh rubber.

• Friendly
Reactions: tRIP..

Henry Gordan

F1 Sponsored Driver
Mar 9, 2017
If we had used some other track and had worse weather, we could have had cliff off point with grip. But not with normal rain and 60 min race