PC - GT3 S8 AM - R5: Laguna Seca 06/12/2017 @ 8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 S8 AM - R5: Laguna Seca 06/12/2017 @ 8PM

Witte29

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 13, 2017
I'm looking forward to this race!
Yesterday my pc crashed, had to do a clean instal.
Now its only running pcars2, vrhive, crewchief and discord. Nice and lean :).

Lost all my setups in the proces but made a new one yesterday and it kinda worked like the one i lost.

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
Not sure if i can race tonight, i'll ask my grandma, she's not of the gaming so much xD

Reactions: Stephan

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
Which setup did you pick? From Sylvain Antoni? How are you even able to drive that one. :unsure: I just keep spinning with that one.
That's the one I picked, but for the Renault. Every car is different, but that setup with some minor tweaks is working like a dream for me at the moment.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Btw got an issue with the game. When alt+tabbing the game crashes for me, so I will not be able to invite anyone to the lobby later. Please join me off steam! Sorry for the inconvenience

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Alt+tab is problem if the game is in racing, at least on my pc
Got it even in they menus at the moment. Could have been some driver or win update... not sure what caused it

Witte29

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 13, 2017
with shift +tab u can get the steam overlay to send invites.
but offcourse its no problem to join u.

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
Right i'm able to race tonight. Who's going to invite me to the race lobby?

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
**** me i practiced with that car.. improved 2 seconds from my sign up time, which car am i in then?

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
@Stephan is your coordinator, but you're allowed to choose your own car.

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
Alright xD i'm new to AOR GT3 and GT3 leagues in general, i'm doing this as a side series from the F1 Leagues :D

Reactions: Marvin

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Right i'm able to race tonight. Who's going to invite me to the race lobby?
Quickly add me on steam and join through steam. Also be in discord, we will share the password there.
**** me i practiced with that car.. improved 2 seconds from my sign up time, which car am i in then?
You can pick any GT3 car but you have to stick with it for the rest of the season. It would be awesome if you can pick a car that isn’t over represented yet (Ferrari, Audi) but you can really choose any

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
I just wanted to remind everyone about a few things considering the start for tonight (don't know how it went last week, but it might help some people):

- When the driver in first goes full throttle (and he must do so in a one motion, no faking), everyone can get on the throttle no matter what position you are in.
- However, you can not overtake anyone before the start/finish line apart from the driver along side of you.
- During the formation fase, you are allowed to overtake the person next to you, as long as you stay behind the car in front of you. It is not your responsibility to make the other row catch up with the car in front of them (made this mistake myself as well). This is also to prevent a chain reaction of people waiting on each other which can create huge gaps.

Let me know if I misspoke @Stephan, but watching the start sequence video these points jumped out for me.

• Agree
Reactions: Stephan

FreddieH

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 17, 2017
sorry, had to drop out. No steering and paddle response. Got some tell tale signs in qualification. Never got closer to throwing a steering wheel through a window. The B&sterd was Lucky it was screwed to my desk.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Sorry to hear, hope you get it sorted for Monza.

Had an aweful first few laps, dropped down the field and had to pit for repairs.
managed to crawl back to P12. Was tricky getting lapped as I was, podium aside, mostly at the same pace.

Will post all results and update the tables tomorrow.

Congrats to the podium, brilliant racing!