PC - GT3 S8 AM - R5: Laguna Seca 06/12/2017 @ 8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 S8 AM - R5: Laguna Seca 06/12/2017 @ 8PM

eriviere

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 6, 2017
sorry guys had to leave the race at the start, my hud was gone and did not want to drive blind and mess up someone else's race.
new a this so again sorry

LiboCZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
So another great race and I am sooooo exhausted and tired as I had to stayed longer in work...

Anyway I finish 9th in quali and it was so tight and I realized I lost so much time in last sector, but still top 10 :D

Race was going well, first corner was bit tight, had some small contacts but luckily no damge. Than I was driving my slow race pace as usually and due to mistakes of other guys I somehow went to 5th. Thank I think I was just behing @Clank24401 but he had much bettter pace so after few laps he just disappeared. But than my tyres were just saying good bay and @Witte29 had great pace and deservedly overtook me. So at the and I am lucky with 6th position, it was really tough one.

See you in Ferrari´s home race :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Witte29

Cannacoennos

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 5, 2016
sorry guys had to leave the race at the start, my hud was gone and did not want to drive blind and mess up someone else's race.
new a this so again sorry
Ok man,no damage for me,not a lot of time lost.
Great race, exhausted and tired......

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Ok man,no damage for me,not a lot of time lost.
Great race, exhausted and tired......
You did let me by but we were actually fighting for position. Did you mistake me for a driver lapping you? I was totally surprised - was looking forward to a battle :)

wookie2002

Pro Karter
Nov 26, 2017
Sorry about the start of the race, i saw the acceleration zone and went for it haha. Hope me giving the position back is enough. Really enjoyed the racing with Merlin aswell. Also thanks to everyone that let me lap them. Much appreiciated.

magnus

Formula Karter
Oct 11, 2017
Ugh!...very frustrating that I didn't get in on this, was so looking forward to it. Anyhow looking to find out why eriviere and I couldn't see the lobby even though region settings were set to UK. We could see all other league tiers just fine. May I ask who hosted? I would like to figure this out before the next event.

@Stephan if its not too much trouble, would you be able to work with me for a short bit to pd? Not tonight of course, maybe Thurs or Fri?

Cheers!

Witte29

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 13, 2017
My first 2 laps were terrible.
Made a couple of mistakes and dropped from p4 to p11.
from there on i tried to find my rhythm and hopefully move up.

The slow down warning was kinda harsh, even when there was absolutely no time gained and 2 wheels still on the tarmac, still had to slow down over 2 seconds to get rid of it.
At one point i even let @tRIP.. pass but still got penalised 2 sec.

My fight with @LiboCZ was intensse, really fair and clean but also really close.
The Ferrari was faster on the straight but my Acura was faster through the corners. So i caught up to him at the start of the straight and gone he was at the end.
Kept trying to find an way to get passed him and in lap 32, i think, he made his first mistake in like a 10 lap battle, respect.
Me on the otherhand kept making mistakes, a lot of small mistakes, small corrections and missing apexes.
my pace was really good but i have to work on my stability, for lack of a better word.

p5 not to bad, had some good fun tonight. thanks guys

• Friendly
Reactions: LiboCZ

3ddii3

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2015
Btw got an issue with the game. When alt+tabbing the game crashes for me, so I will not be able to invite anyone to the lobby later. Please join me off steam! Sorry for the inconvenience
I got the same problem and it sucks big time

Cannacoennos

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 5, 2016
You did let me by but we were actually fighting for position. Did you mistake me for a driver lapping you? I was totally surprised - was looking forward to a battle :)
Yes Stephan i did,i saw it to late..but if i where faster than you,we meet again but we didnt haha

Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
standings updated!
Please, everyone, sanity check please :)
it's fully manual work, and I'm no machine - if any mistakes creep in, please let me know :)

Smooth Snailing dropped to 3rd in the team championship.
Currently LiTr Racing is leading the field followed by AngelGP. Well done guys!

@HFO leads the driver championship ahead of @Clank24401 - consistency pays off! Great result gents.

Shoutout to @wookie2002 and @Merlin Cooper for a spotless race. you two outclassed the rest of us.

Merlin Cooper

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for the positive feedback. Enjoyed racing with you guys as well. Right after the start I had really good and fair wheel to wheel racing with @HFO. Then I used the opportunity for an overtake in the last turn (not sure who it was). After being in P2 I tried to catch up with @wookie2002 but was just able to get within 1 sec distance but never really close enough to really attempt to overtake - and @wookie2002 was driving very consistent pace.

Special thanks to all lapped cars as well had no real issue and sometimes they jeopardized their own race to allow making me a pass - hey guys not necessary to slow down to much you are racing as well.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
@Julien2395 noticed in the stewards enquiry, that you did not have a spotter. this may lead to situations like that. While everything was OK, (no harm, no foul), I still recommend you to install CrewChief as a reliable spotter or enable the arrows that show cars close by, to give you better awareness of cars around you.