XB1 - GT3 S8 Elite Round 4: Brands Hatch - 29th Nov, 8:15pm UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 GT3 S8 Elite Round 4: Brands Hatch - 29th Nov, 8:15pm UK

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016

ROUND 4 - Brands Hatch GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 29 November 2017
Lobby opens: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:15pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 40 Laps (1 formation lap + 39 racing laps)

● Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
- Quali: Rain
- Race: Rain

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 9 July, 18:00
- Race start time: 9 July, 20:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
A track I don't like + plus night + rain = should be a pain!

And it even rimes...

@Chiraq I need a setup to start practicing! :nailbiting:

• Funny
Reactions: Wizard

lukeffletcher

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Elite Champion
Jan 13, 2016
I won't be able to do this one unfortunately.

Shame as the McLaren is good in the rain :(

Have fun on Wednesday guys (y)

I will try and catch the end of the stream if i can.

• Informative
Reactions: seppel165

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
No Suomy, no Brembo

Pressure is up @Murphy :whistle:

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Pace ranges from 1:28s to 1:32s depending on how wet the track is its impossible to work on it.

• Informative

aidtheace

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Tier 1 Champion
Nov 9, 2016
Ive still done no running what so ever.......
#WingingIt #DestinationFucked
Lets hope the bugs stay away...

Reactions: Chiraq

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
Ive still done no running what so ever.......
#WingingIt #DestinationFucked
Lets hope the bugs stay away...
You shouldn’t even have the game installed tbh #ButYouPaidForIt

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Think George put in a good indicator on the first site

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
Pre-race briefing:

@Suomy and @iBreMbo will be missing tonight, so we will have only 10 drivers on the grid.
This will make qualifying a bit easier since the cars will be spread out a bit more than usually.

The rain in this game is not static, it's dynamic. This means each session can be different and the pace can look completely different from one lobby to another.

We won't change anything to the qualifying procedure. Get out of the pits as early as you can and try to get a lap in.

Please be aware of your surroundings at each time, it can be really dangerous with the puddles as well.

Track limits are not an issue around this track.

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
...except T3!

Just my 2cent

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Q: P3
R: P2

This is probably not so long as last week because it was a very eventless race.
Quali was basically a one shot quali as the conditions went worse very quick. Keeping my quali weekness in mind P3 was actually very OK.
Race is a thing of 2 sentences. @Chiraq overtook @Murphy going into druids and I followed him trough just before stirlings in the first lap as murphy made a little mistake.
From there on it was a formation flight from AlbEifelmotorsport at the front of the pack as we ran away from the guys behind. Neither of us did a major mistake so the gap was between 2 - 4 seconds the whole race.
Very dominant performance from the both of us, regardless @iBreMbo and @Suomy weren't racing.

@Res F1 Italian did you disconnect or did you leave the race on purpose?

Reactions: Wizard and Chiraq

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
Q2 R1
Went into quali with full confidence. Got the result I wanted, front row but the outside line. Without the silly mistake in the penultimate corner it would have been the pole, but try to get a clean lap together under that pressure lol.
Here my quali lap.

In the race I had a good start despite having the outside line I got a good run down paddock hill and overtook @Murphy with a bit of contact, it was minor he ran a bit wide and I just slid into the gap that opened up. From there on the target for me was to set the pace at the front, try to create a gap and from there not to make any mistakes.
Fulfilled the task, nearly lost the car in the 38th lap though (I think), my heart stopped for some seconds but it was all good.

Happy to win in these difficult conditions, this race demanded every bit from me. My last win is 2 seasons away so really delighted to be on the top step of the podium again.
Feels nice to have my team-mate @seppel165 standing beside me, he tried to keep my back clean but that was not really needed. Maximum points for Alb-Eifel Motorsport and P2 in the driver and team standings.

Laguna won't be easy at all. See you there

Res F1 Italian

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Elite Champion
Jan 31, 2015
Q: P3
R: P2

This is probably not so long as last week because it was a very eventless race.
Quali was basically a one shot quali as the conditions went worse very quick. Keeping my quali weekness in mind P3 was actually very OK.
Race is a thing of 2 sentences. @Chiraq overtook @Murphy going into druids and I followed him trough just before stirlings in the first lap as murphy made a little mistake.
From there on it was a formation flight from AlbEifelmotorsport at the front of the pack as we ran away from the guys behind. Neither of us did a major mistake so the gap was between 2 - 4 seconds the whole race.
Very dominant performance from the both of us, regardless @iBreMbo and @Suomy weren't racing.

@Res F1 Italian did you disconnect or did you leave the race on purpose?

i DSC, i was happy for the 4° position, look my clip

• Informative