XB1 - GT3 S8 Elite Round 5: Laguna Seca 6th Dec., 8:15pm UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 GT3 S8 Elite Round 5: Laguna Seca 6th Dec., 8:15pm UK

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016

ROUND 5 - Laguna Seca
Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 6 December 2017
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 42 Laps (1 formation lap + 41 racing laps)

● Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
- Quali: Hazy
- Race: Hazy

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 6 August, 07:00
- Race start time: 6 August, 09:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Another Track I don't really like. I struggeled in TT and it will probably not be very different now. But probably it is a good track for the Audi. Anybody done some testing in these conditions?

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
Another Track I don't really like. I struggeled in TT and it will probably not be very different now. But probably it is a good track for the Audi. Anybody done some testing in these conditions?
I can assure you it is not an Audi track :)

• Agree
Reactions: J. McConnell

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
I'm doing 1:23.0s and can easily get into the 1:22s with the Ferrari. With that i can expect pole to be a 1:19 :)

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Probably not. I assume a low 21 to be Pole. But this may not even matter because no one showed real consistency trough the season.
I had no time to practice yet but I hope I can adjust to the Fanatec pedals very quick tonight. Otherwise I will be nowhere to be seen...

• Optimistic
Reactions: Chiraq

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
Pre-race briefing:

@Res F1 Italian had connection issues again last week, he thinks it is @seppel165 fault because he has no issues with other hosts. Shall we change it for tonights race or stick with seppel as the host?
@George and @B1rd 1s D4 W0rd are your connections okay? You keep quitting/disconnecting. Please don't do that otherwise I will have to take you to the stewards if you don't have good reasons for doing so. There are rules against rage-quitting and you guys accepted them.

That's all for today.

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
I'm fine with giving up the host duty. If there is anybody else with a good connection.
Did anybody else, other than RES, had connection issues?

Res F1 Italian

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Elite Champion
Jan 31, 2015
Pre-race briefing:

@Res F1 Italian had connection issues again last week, he thinks it is @seppel165 fault because he has no issues with other hosts. Shall we change it for tonights race or stick with seppel as the host?
@George and @B1rd 1s D4 W0rd are your connections okay? You keep quitting/disconnecting. Please don't do that otherwise I will have to take you to the stewards if you don't have good reasons for doing so. There are rules against rage-quitting and you guys accepted them.

That's all for today.
ok seppel for today

lukeffletcher

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Elite Champion
Jan 13, 2016
My dad has just phoned me and needs my help so i may not be back in time, If not then good luck guys!

• Informative
Reactions: seppel165

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Pre-race briefing:

That's all for today.
Connection is fine. I just keep crashing out.

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Q: P10
R: P7

I knew it would be a hard race before, but that hard...

I do have to train hard, just to get some consistency into the braking with the Fanatec Loadcell Brake. It it a real change from the old Thrustmaster T3PA Brake.
Nevertheless the race was very eventless, even though I avoided 4 spinning cars in 1 corner somewhere around lap 3 and got from P9 (Chiraq spinning before) to P5 in one corner. Very funny situation. I damaged my radiator in the middle of the race by spinning out of the access of corks crew and had a 2 minute repair stop after which my race was pretty much over. P7 after that is all I could have asked for.

Reactions: Chiraq