PC - GT3 S8 Pro - R1: Imola 08/11/2017 @ 8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 S8 Pro - R1: Imola 08/11/2017 @ 8PM

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

SonOfMaw

Retired Grandmaster of Spreadsheets
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I noticed that when i was testing all the gt3 cars, for me i need a car that is stable. For example the aston is suppose to be one of the fastest cars however when i was driving it i was 2 sec per lap slower then i was with the stable cars eg, Ferrari/Z4
Oddly I was slower with the Z4 compared to the Aston (but then we're only talking default sets, and I'm already 1-2 seconds slower than you anyway). I'm refusing to even try the Ferrari because I'll most likely get tempted to the dark side.

Footyad24

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jul 11, 2015
going off the practice race low to mid 45's for race pace will be competitive enough to run at the front. But obviously people who are aliens or driving Ferrari's maybe around half a second quicker but there won't be many doing mid to high 44's during the race. Also there were people making a lot of mistakes during the practice race from touching the grass and spinning at the double right hander just before the chicane so don't push yourselves crazy through there because when you spin there its usually a big one and you may get damage and lose a lot of time.

1 more bit of advice the race starts at 4pm in game time so think about when you wanna be quicker during the race, at the start (higher tyre pressures) or near the end of the race (lower tyre pressures) because I found that my tyres were cooling off a lot during the race from 100 to 80 and found it hard to carry speed through the corners as the race went on but also this was a little bit due to tyre wear as well.

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Yeah, you're probably right @Footyad24 !

I did some race tests yesterday and made a stint of around 16 laps.
There is one thing the RS01 seems to be very good at : it's tyre management.
My tyres got almost no wear... Maybe something like 10% I'd say.
Regarding temp, my fronts were a bit colder than rear and around 85° while the rear tyres were just below 100°.
I'm worrying a bit regarding the end of the race then...
I tried softs but after two laps, they're done and I'm all over the place haha.

• Agree
Reactions: Footyad24

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
@TicklishPicklewickle Am I able to join the server tomorrow to watch? Of course I will not leave mid-race in-case of server issues.
Are you joining right as we're starting? Then I can make you a broadcaster and you won't take up a driver spot :) Else if you're joining mid-race, you can just spectate :)

Fast_draw7

GP2 2nd Driver
Dec 7, 2016
what are the operating temp windows for softs and hards??
I think the softs are in their best temps but wear out quickly and the hards will last the race but they are not in their best temps

Reactions: Campo675

Campo675

PC S1 Touring Cars Pro Champion
Sep 29, 2017
I found at this track I get my hards up to about 90 when they give me the best grip. I would proabably say from around 82 or so till about 105 I find the most to work great

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I can't be Race Director and driver at the same time. But I mean as long as the settings are as they are on the race thread we should be good :p

rkatar

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 26, 2016
this was fun. first @SonOfMaw started the lobby and ofc the game didnt want to load until the host hasnt exited the game, same as is pCars1. i had exited the game before the host. after that i couldnt find the server. after idk how many minutes i found it and i joined the game and oh look its only 2 mins of quali left. didnt bother me to start from the back of the grid. same situation with the lobby and quali i had in eval race.
comment for tonight's race will be short: race starts, formation lap goes very well, besides @TicklishPicklewickle was showing/disappearing all the time. in first corner someone span out and i hit him and damaged my car. and then i made big mistake entering the pit lane. forgot its manual control, didnt slow down and ofc automatically dsq.

• Friendly
Reactions: SonOfMaw

Campo675

Sep 29, 2017
WELL that’s was abso Pointless!!! As the race started I pressed ready with the wrong setup... from about lap 22 I hadn’t to go to lean engine... then from about lap 25 decided to run half throttle to save fuel! Why the heck didn’t I just go to pits to fill up early in the race!! What an absolute idiot decision. So yeah on start of lap 33 after loosing many positions I ran out of fuel

• Funny
Reactions: Rickybrosh

Mr_Skeletor666

Formula Karter
Oct 23, 2017
Terrible race for me! Having problem to get race pace on imola in the Nissan so i was under constant pressure which resulted in a spin and a broken car.
Hope the other tracks suits me and my car better

Hamish Sopwith

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Jan 13, 2014
awefal race for me, my Quali was on altho i was getting 44.7 in practice and my race pace was a solid 46 however i got damage and didnt want to come into the pits so i ended up getting a 49 with a very unstable car, i hope for me i get a better race next time.

• Friendly
Reactions: SonOfMaw

Fast_draw7

GP2 2nd Driver
Dec 7, 2016
started 11th, quali didnt go as good as i expected(n). In the race i finished 8th after @WMDRMartin bumbed my car at the left hander after the uphill straight and that caused my car to lose balance. After that, close to the end i realized that i wouldnt finish the race 2 laps before the end due to not having enough fuel :banghead::banghead::banghead: so i pitted and lost a couple of spots. The whole race i ran on hards, did anyone run on softs without pitting?

Campo675

Sep 29, 2017
That sucks man! So what setup did you run then? Maybe we ran the same default setting by accident As I also ran out of fuel as I mentioned. My custom setup had 95l of fuel, but at arpund 8 laps in I saw 58l or something like that. Should have just gone in. Also with the wrong setup I really struggled with the car and getting heat into the tires

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Well... I did an awesome qualifying, setting my best lap in low 1:44.
Being in 2nd is the worst for the race start though. It's really hard to launch right.
Also, I think I shouldn't start in 2nd gear :D.
I lost one place until the first turn...
The guy behind me was in the inside while I was taking the usual line with a bit more room for allowing him to take his turn.
It could have worked. Sadly the guy in 5th bumped the guy in 4th who then bumped me right in the rear left making me spin.
After that it's a carnage. I panicked a bit trying to go in 1st but my wheel was still full right. I think I forgot to apply brakes and I ended in the right side of the road.
When I tried to go away, a guy tried to pass me in the grass and I hit him. I then went back right in the way of an another car, and another and another... You got the point...
I went to pits and tried to do my best.
I then made a lot of mistakes pushing too hard. I finished 15th IIRC.
Sorry for everyone involved in the wreck...

F1 racer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 28, 2015
Quali was good with P3
In the race I got up to P2 at the start and a short while after overtook P1. After that I spun and got later up into P1 again.
On Lap 16 I tryed to lap @Mattster but he turned right in Front of me and I got 20% Aerodamage. I lost 2 sec a lap and didn´t had any Topspeed to defened against @Daniel Nesterowicz. I still finished in P2 but I lost the win there:(

SonOfMaw

Retired Grandmaster of Spreadsheets
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Very happy with a reasonable qualification, way better pace than I expected. Kinda unravelled avoiding the spun cars at turn one, which put me down in 13th.

Then it was a case of trying to catch people and carefully attempting to get past. Had a "return the position" once, but otherwise I was slowly working my way back up until I got past @Hamish Sopwith who then unfortunately gave me a little tap under braking into T1. Pretty sure I had a little rear damage, since the car was very nervous and it took me a good number of laps, and a bit less fuel, to feel confident enough to push again.

By some miracle I manged to end up back in in 4th thanks to people having spins here and there - almost had a chance of giving 3rd a challenge, but ran out of laps.

Overall pretty pleased, could possibly have been fighting for the lead if everything had gone to plan, but that's racing for you :) Had plenty of fun tonight, so thanks to everyone for making it such a good one. POV video to follow.

Apologies for the hosting issues, my game froze loading @ 73% so I dropped out, handing the hosting to @Ferrius - in fact I didn't see any lagging and was able to race closely, so perhaps it worked out for the best.

Note to self: Less fuel next time...