PC - GT3 S8 Pro - R3: Autodromo do Algarve 22/11/2017 @ 8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 S8 Pro - R3: Autodromo do Algarve 22/11/2017 @ 8PM

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 3 - Autodromo do Algarve
Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 22 November 2017
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 36 Laps (1 formation lap + 35 racing laps)

● Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
- Quali: Clear
- Race: Clear

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 18 June, 14:00
- Race start time: 18 June, 16:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Zone:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Ferrius

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 19, 2017
I haven't ever driven this track, just went for a 1-hour practice session today with Stable setup. Anyone practiced with the track, wanna chime in on how much I need to up my pace to be competetive come Wednessday?

I have limited practice time until next race, so any advice is welcome...

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
What are your laptimes currently?
I didn't tried with race fuel yet but I guess we should aim for high 1:43.
Pole should be around high 1:42, low 1:43.

Time trial is a good way to learn a track quickly without much time but you'll need practice in quali and race conditions too.
Especially race conditions.

Ferrius

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 19, 2017

Time trial is a good way to learn a track quickly without much time but you'll need practice in quali and race conditions too.
I'm landing just under 45, after an hour of getting to know the track. I reckon the rest I need to find in setup

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

F1 racer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 28, 2015

Well you are quite optimistic with the pole but with racefuel I think 44´s are quite ok

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Well you are quite optimistic with the pole but with racefuel I think 44´s are quite ok
Yeah, I made my estimations based on my laps in Time Trial.
I've just tested in a race session with Quali and Race (18 laps, full tank) and I still believe the pole should be a high 1:42 / low 1:43.
My race pace is higher than what I was expecting though : My rear left tyre is melting haha.
Anyway, I still think that high 1:43 / low 1:44 as race pace is what we should aim for in Pro (fastest lap).

I bet the pole in Elite will be a low 1:42 and race pace around low 1:43.

That's just my opinion though :D

Fast_draw7

GP2 2nd Driver
Dec 7, 2016
Yeah, I made my estimations based on my laps in Time Trial.
I've just tested in a race session with Quali and Race (18 laps, full tank) and I still believe the pole should be a high 1:42 / low 1:43.
My race pace is higher than what I was expecting though : My rear left tyre is melting haha.
Anyway, I still think that high 1:43 / low 1:44 as race pace is what we should aim for in Pro.

I bet the pole in Elite will be a low 1:42 and race pace around low 1:43.

That's just my opinion though :D
then I'll be at the back with 1.44-45

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
then I'll be at the back with 1.44-45
1.44 / 1.45 as race pace ?
That's not bad at all if you can do that consistently :)
I'm more talking about race fastest lap rather than doing high 1:43 consistently.

Fast_draw7

GP2 2nd Driver
Dec 7, 2016
what are your tire temps?? I keep getting 120-125 after 5 laps on the front left no matter the pressure

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
what are your tire temps?? I keep getting 120-125 after 5 laps on the front left no matter the pressure
My front left is looking good, around 110/115°.
My rear left is melting. I'm getting 127°C just after the last corner and it then fall down to around 117-120°C during the rest of the track.

It's propably because you understeer a bit in right corners, steering too much IMO.

Ferrius

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 19, 2017
I'm just in the 1:43's with the Audi, sat #13 in leaderboards- with a significant amount to improve, from my potential being a 1:42:322... I guess we'll just have to see on the day :rofl:

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
It seems @DANGEROUS GIANETTA made a great laptime in TT... :jawdrop:
I think I could reach 1:42,6xx / 7xx in TT but I reckon, I'm faster when following a ghost.
Doing it in 15 minutes qualification with traffic will be tough, for me at least.:hurting:

Wow, Andreas Hader did an even more insane TT laptime...
I thought I was fast enough for this race hahaha : :blackeye:
EDIT : Nevermind, is in Elite... Dumb me. :eggface:

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: DANGEROUS GIANETTA

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
people getting into 1.42s and 1.43s in the audis and im here barely making it under 45 in a mclaren.... im so last in this race
1:45.9 with race fuel so far :p Only had about an hour or so of practice though

Hamish Sopwith

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Jan 13, 2014
Well i got a mid 43 in the Ferrari with Quali fuel but a race set up dought i can do that consistently tho Race pace should be 44.xx at least for me anyway.