PC - GT3 S8 Pro - R5: Laguna Seca 06/12/2017 @ 8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 S8 Pro - R5: Laguna Seca 06/12/2017 @ 8PM

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 5 - Laguna Seca
Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 6 December 2017
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 42 Laps (1 formation lap + 41 racing laps)

● Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
- Quali: Hazy
- Race: Hazy

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 6 August, 07:00
- Race start time: 6 August, 09:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
So it looks like my internet has finally sorted itself out after a month or so of being very unstable. Also quite a few people have been asking me to come back in as my internet is now fixed
Do any of you guys mind if I join back in on the racing?
Will just be for the fun of it as I have nothing to compete for really, having missed 1/3 of the season :)

Last edited:

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
So it looks like my internet has finally sorted itself out after a month or so of being very unstable. Also quite a few people have been asking me to come back in as my internet is now fixed
Do any of you guys mind if I join back in on the racing?
Will just be for the fun of it as I have nothing to compete for really, having missed 1/3 of the season :)
Of course! Why not?
Furthermore, we're running a bit low on drivers right now.

SonOfMaw

Retired Grandmaster of Spreadsheets
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
BTW tested a few AI full races around here with latest Nvidia driver - no issues.

Reactions: Ironik

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Ok, I tested 388.31.
I think I'm going to stay with my old fellow driver for a while. ^^

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
@Blunboi has been awarded a qualifying ban for this race due to accumulating over 25 penalty points in various stewards enquiries

• Agree
Reactions: Blunboi

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I might be not be able to make this after all :(

Have a problem with my Logitech pedals (surprise, surprise) where my throttle and clutch just can't find out what position they're in. Sometimes when I apply a small amount of throttle the car in-game will just floor it and sometimes when I floor it the car in-game is not even moving. I have tried to re-calibrate everything several times both in-game and in the device manager, re-installed drivers, re-plugged the whole G29 rig and also I have tried to re-plug the pedals from the wheelbase. This problem is happening in every single racing sim, not only PC2
If anyone has some kind of fix to it please let me know. But I have tried to Google the issue and from what I could find, it seems like my throttle and cluth potentiometers has failed :(
I'm not even gonna bother with the warranty as I have already done that once with a Logitech wheel. This is the second Logitech wheel that break on me within a year which is quite an achievement if I do say so myself :p
So you might not see me as much in the racing anymore, as currently I can't afford a wheel. Need to save some money first. Definitely not getting a Logitech again. I'll probably go with something like a Thrustmaster of some sort as I have only heard good things about them

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Ok, I tested 388.31.
I think I'm going to stay with my old fellow driver for a while. ^^
.31 has known issues with stuttering. I’m om .13 and it is working well for my 2 SLI 970 GTX

Mattster

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 18, 2016
I might be not be able to make this after all :(

Have a problem with my Logitech pedals (surprise, surprise) where my throttle and clutch just can't find out what position they're in. Sometimes when I apply a small amount of throttle the car in-game will just floor it and sometimes when I floor it the car in-game is not even moving. I have tried to re-calibrate everything several times both in-game and in the device manager, re-installed drivers, re-plugged the whole G29 rig and also I have tried to re-plug the pedals from the wheelbase. This problem is happening in every single racing sim, not only PC2
If anyone has some kind of fix to it please let me know. But I have tried to Google the issue and from what I could find, it seems like my throttle and cluth potentiometers has failed :(
I'm not even gonna bother with the warranty as I have already done that once with a Logitech wheel. This is the second Logitech wheel that break on me within a year which is quite an achievement if I do say so myself :p
So you might not see me as much in the racing anymore, as currently I can't afford a wheel. Need to save some money first. Definitely not getting a Logitech again. I'll probably go with something like a Thrustmaster of some sort as I have only heard good things about them
Try with contact spay, if not work you can buy Thrustmaster T3PA separetly with adapter and use your wheel.

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
.31 has known issues with stuttering. I’m om .13 and it is working well for my 2 SLI 970 GTX
Yeah, 388.31 is stuttering for me too. The 388.13 is also undrivable for me though.
I'm using 382.53 right now. No problem so far.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Try with contact spay, if not work you can buy Thrustmaster T3PA separetly with adapter and use your wheel.
That might be a possible option actually. Didn't know you could get an adapter for that. Well that would save me a lot of money rather than buying both wheel and pedals :)

Mattster

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 18, 2016
That might be a possible option actually. Didn't know you could get an adapter for that. Well that would save me a lot of money rather than buying both wheel and pedals :)
http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/trj12-usb-adapter
Тhis is the adapter search in your country or buy from amazon.uk or de
I have it bcs i had same problem with my old wheel. It works like separate usb device.

If you can find it i can send you
but first try with contact spray

Fast_draw7

GP2 2nd Driver
Dec 7, 2016
are we going to have 2 weather slots? because if we only have hazy as weather then its 1 slot and the 'sync to race' option is unavailable

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
are we going to have 2 weather slots? because if we only have hazy as weather then its 1 slot and the 'sync to race' option is unavailable
If you have only one weather slot then the weather will obviously be sync to the race as you have only one weather to sync. ;)
This option is only relevant when you have, at least, two weather slots.

Edit:
For exemple, 1h race with heavy clouds / rain / sync-to-race : 30 min heavy clouds / 30 min rain.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Daniel Nesterowicz