PC - GT3 S8 Pro - R5: Laguna Seca 06/12/2017 @ 8PM | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 S8 Pro - R5: Laguna Seca 06/12/2017 @ 8PM

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Well, the car felt great around Laguna. :joyful:
@Marvin shared his setup with me and I have to give him credit for my pace as it was working great.

I was hopeful for the quali as I managed to do a 1:22,060 in practice but I didn't train that much for the race.
I was a bit worried about my race pace and the overheating tyres.
The start was bit clumsy as I had a contact in the first turn giving me rear damage. All my marks were a bit off and it took me some laps to adjust my driving.
After that, I tried to control the race while managing my tyres temp and it went very well for me.

Race pace is still a problem for me though. I lack consistency (going fast).

Regarding the "wrong tier" line, I bet that many of us could pretend to be in the Elite tier.
I'm not close to the final podium here anyway, unlike @Daniel Nesterowicz or @Rickybrosh .
I'm happy here in the pro league though. I like the more relaxed atmosphere. ^^

We'll see what the cods decide for next season :)

Rickybrosh

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 27, 2016
Well, the car felt great around Laguna. :joyful:
@Marvin shared his setup with me and I have to give him credit for my pace as it was working great.

I was hopeful for the quali as I managed to do a 1:22,060 in practice but I didn't train that much for the race.
I was a bit worried about my race pace and the overheating tyres.
The start was bit clumsy as I had a contact in the first turn giving me rear damage. All my marks were a bit off and it took me some laps to adjust my driving.
After that, I tried to control the race while managing my tyres temp and it went very well for me.

Race pace is still a problem for me though. I lack consistency (going fast).

Regarding the "wrong tier" line, I bet that many of us could pretend to be in the Elite tier.
I'm not close to the final podium here anyway, unlike @Daniel Nesterowicz or @Rickybrosh .
I'm happy here in the pro league though. I like the more relaxed atmosphere. ^^

We'll see what the cods decide for next season :)
Yeah same here really like in the PRO tier, dont need to practise all that much and still be competetive. And from watching the streams from ELITE alot less incidents here.

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Yeah same here really like in the PRO tier, dont need to practise all that much and still be competetive. And from watching the streams from ELITE alot less incidents here.
Yep, driving in "Elite" sounds like being a lamb thrown in the jungle. :rofl:

• Funny
Reactions: Rickybrosh

DANGEROUS GIANETTA

Season 4 PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2015
next round monza ,
question is ferrari, mclaren or audi
whichone is the powerful ?
i quess, daniel and i drove at monza 1000 times. so audi wins:cool:
good luck guys.

Mr_Skeletor666

Formula Karter
Oct 23, 2017
I see the liftoff discussion over at stewards. I hope they dont remove penaltys because we who lifted off enough will loose for obeying the rules then. I lost like 3 places to get penalty removed and that sucks but its the name of the game and equally for all.. I dont say that the 35secon penalty is right i mean the smaller ones.. but loose 3 places or get 2 sec penalty seems like not well balanced.

Well what I wanted to say its dangerous to let the player decide when enough liftoff is done

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
I see the liftoff discussion over at stewards. I hope they dont remove penaltys because we who lifted off enough will loose for obeying the rules then. I lost like 3 places to get penalty removed and that sucks but its the name of the game and equally for all.. I dont say that the 35secon penalty is right i mean the smaller ones.. but loose 3 places or get 2 sec penalty seems like not well balanced.

Well what I wanted to say its dangerous to let the player decide when enough liftoff is done
I think the problem is the 30+ time penalties.
IIRC the penalties are increasing each time one doesn't comply to the slowdown. So it's hard to judge.
Could be a bug, an invalid (or valid) overtake or a lot of "cutting".

Daniel Nesterowicz

AOR PC GT3 Pro S8 Champion
Nov 21, 2015
tbh i think people should stop being so "over" the penalty system. Its the same for everyone, everyeone. no one is getting of easier, if you run wide, or if you touch with 4 wheels where youare not supposed to, its your own fault. thne i hear people saying well i didnt do nothing, yet forgetting that the system uses some time to calculate if you actually gained an advantage. and telling you to slow down/ warning 5 seconds later than youu did the mistake. (apporx)

the only time i see the issue be a big deal is if you AVOID an accident , go off track and in that matter overtake a guy + and by that get a warning sayy give the position back to X. it happend to me in algarve, and it felt really stupid "paying" for other peoples mistakes.

SonOfMaw

Retired Grandmaster of Spreadsheets
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
the only time i see the issue be a big deal is if you AVOID an accident , go off track and in that matter overtake a guy + and by that get a warning sayy give the position back to X. it happend to me in algarve, and it felt really stupid "paying" for other peoples mistakes.
This 100%.