Oct 23, 2016

FINALE - ROUND 6 - Monza GP
Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 13 December 2017
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 34 Laps (1 formation lap + 33 racing laps)

● Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
- Quali: Heavy Cloud
- Race: Overcast

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 17 September, 20:00
- Race start time: 17 September, 22:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rulesand regulationsof the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Damn, I hate this track soooo much and I guess my Renault will hate it too. ^^

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
I swear you always complain about being slow, and then you end up qualifying on the podium :lol:
Hahaha that's not true !
I didn't say I was slow around Laguna or Brands Hatch ;)
I had doubts for the first race of the season and I despise Spa.
I was hopeful for Algarve but couldn't race sadly...

I don't know what my pace will be around Monza but I hate it even more than Spa and the Renault top speed is ridiculous. ^^
I'm not complaining though, I like the car very much.

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Damn, I hate this track soooo much and I guess my Renault will hate it too. ^^
The Renault isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

• Surprised
Reactions: Ironik

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Oh Oh ! I need to test that right now then :p
Do you have a magical setup for this track ? :p
Not yet, but maybe I can pull something out of the hat again. I'm just going to pretend I know what I'm doing with the setup and maybe something magical happens. ;)

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Not yet, but maybe I can pull something out of the hat again. I'm just going to pretend I know what I'm doing with the setup and maybe something magical happens. ;)
Don't be too harsh with yourself. You did a great job with the setup.
You know, I think I have a good setup knowledge but you proved me that the knowledge is not everything.
The feeling is the main thing one should focus on and you did that just great ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: Marvin

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Well, I managed to find a good setup and to pull a good time in time trial.
In qualification it's definitely harder though... My setup is not working anymore.
I managed to do a 1:47.9xx. Not fast enough I guess?
What's your laptimes guys?

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Thanks mate.
I didn't try with full tank yet...
This is with soft tyres?
I guess the strategy could play a role in this race.
That plus the fact that some cars will be faster in straights could make this race more interesting than I would have expected. ^^

Footyad24

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jul 11, 2015
what is the protocol when it comes to the harsh penalties are we allowed to send them to stewards if we get penalised without putting 4 wheels over the line or do we have to slow down no matter what. I lost a lot of time last time out because of harsh penalties.

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
what is the protocol when it comes to the harsh penalties are we allowed to send them to stewards if we get penalised without putting 4 wheels over the line or do we have to slow down no matter what. I lost a lot of time last time out because of harsh penalties.
The detection is fair. If you have a cut warning, it should be true.
What is harsh currently is the advantage detection.
The rule is the same for everybody though, so nothing worth going to the stewards IMO.

Mattster

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 18, 2016
The system Is harsh especially if you have a incidentbut it will be very hard to get everything to stewards. Better to stick to the track limits strict until the next update. For me this advantage detection maybe is good for time trials but in race must give you slow down penalty only if its excessive. I think in iRacing is like this and it works.

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
The system Is harsh especially if you have a incidentbut it will be very hard to get everything to stewards. Better to stick to the track limits strict until the next update. For me this advantage detection maybe is good for time trials but in race must give you slow down penalty only if its excessive. I think in iRacing is like this and it works.
Yeah, indeed.
The advantage detection was too lenient before the patch. SMS went a bit too far but it will be adjusted for the next patch I guess.
If you make a big mistake, you won't be penalized for it.
If you make a small one, just lift before you get the warning message and you should be safe.

• Informative
Reactions: Mattster

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Just a quick informative post for everyone before the race on Wednesday night on Monza ;)

We have been seeing quite a lot of track limits abuse down the main straight, where people have been overtaking to the right of the straight and seemingly, nothing has been done about it. Just to make this clear. This part of the circuit is not for racing on. Going over this line will count as track limits abuse.

Keep that in mind for the race, boys. Other than that, go out there and enjoy the heck out of yourselves. See you on Wednesday night ;)

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Ok, I found a good setup. I'm able to do 1:49's in race conditions but it's hard to be consistent.
In qualification, I should be able to do a high 1:47.

• Scared
Reactions: Daniel Nesterowicz

SonOfMaw

Retired Grandmaster of Spreadsheets
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Spent hours tonight trying to work out a setup. I can't see myself doing another season, I haven't enough spare time to spend on trying to understand setups.

Yeah, indeed.
The advantage detection was too lenient before the patch. SMS went a bit too far but it will be adjusted for the next patch I guess.
If you make a big mistake, you won't be penalized for it.
If you make a small one, just lift before you get the warning message and you should be safe.
Best system I've seen is GT Sport, where if every time you cut/extend you accumulate a penalty which is displayed. It's reduced if you go slower, but you've got till the end of the race to remove it.

Right now the PCARS2 system is a pain in the arse.