PS4 - GT3 S9 AM: Round 3 - Red Bull Ring GP - 14/03/18 - 8PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 S9 AM: Round 3 - Red Bull Ring GP - 14/03/18 - 8PM UK-time

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016

ROUND 3 - Red Bull Ring

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 14 March 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 1 Hour

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 20 May 2018, 08:00
- Race start time: 20 May 2018, 09:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no show:
@Tom harper

Unconfirmed no show:
@bsaidmalta

Last edited:

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Loved this track in F1 games but it doesn't suit me in pcars cause there are two many straights. Still have to do better after a dismal showing at COTA.

Dennis_Meisner

AOR PS4 S2 LMP2 TEC Champion
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2018
This track are as a lot of the F1 approved tracks - best in a formula car, I’ve never been so crazy about this track.
Anyone who got some hotlap or racepace times yet?

Dennis_Meisner

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2018
Could everyone please take a look at the rules for the rolling start again, it’s really difficult to be in front on race starts, and I’m guessing it’s at least as troubled further down the grid. It would be great if we could do a start where speed was limited to the max speeds in rules, and seeing the entire field come nice and close together at formation point before acceleration begins.

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
This track are as a lot of the F1 approved tracks - best in a formula car, I’ve never been so crazy about this track.
Anyone who got some hotlap or racepace times yet?
low 32s at least quali, 35s-37s race? Really struggling for race pace on heavy fuel.

Dennis_Meisner

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2018
If the race pace are going to be somewhere in 35-37’s I’m gonna have a really long race falling down through the field.

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
If the race pace are going to be somewhere in 35-37’s I’m gonna have a really long race falling down through the field.
Actually that was a bit early when the track was dry. I think it will be more like 39s-40s. I'm gonna practice a bit tonight to get a better idea of pace.

Tom harper

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 17, 2017
Hi all I'm going to have to miss this race as I have tonsilitis and feel I won't be able to concentrate on the race. Hope you all have a good race and see you next week.

• Informative
Reactions: Michel--NL

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Hi all I'm going to have to miss this race as I have tonsilitis and feel I won't be able to concentrate on the race. Hope you all have a good race and see you next week.
Hope you will be back next week (y)

Reactions: Tom harper

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
I've done the race distance twice with the X 2 settings with no issues, you do get some puddles but would expect that anyway and part of the skill is adapting your lines to avoid them. Still, will make a bit easier so I won't be complaining :)

• Agree
Reactions: VTC-16

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I've done the race distance twice with the X 2 settings with no issues, you do get some puddles but would expect that anyway and part of the skill is adapting your lines to avoid them. Still, will make a bit easier so I won't be complaining :)
I agree with you. But we want all the tiers to have the same settings to avoid any confusion with the players.

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Well that was interesting?!?!??!?!

Micheal ?? what was all that on the first lap. :finger:

Q:12
Race: DNF petrol :facepalm:

In quali Wil 5 knocked me off on my fast lap. Did the same in the previous weeks race

Race got up to 4 then ran out of fuel with 3 minutes to go stupid boy Pike..

I went on board while spectating the top 3 you guys did not make enough of an effort to stay on track?!?! Cutting and extending all the dam time if my machine had saved the replay you would all be in the stewards... shame on you all

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
I've got my own replay from onboard which I'm happy to upload, I have nothing to hide and was staying well within the limits.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Micheal ?? what was all that on the first lap. :finger:
I already thought that I a was causing a major lag. Uploading at the moment to youtube.
I did not touch anyone and all of the sudden I see @dray6181's backwing flying through the air and then I knew #@[email protected]&#$
So I dropped to the back and stay away from everybody as much as possible.

• Informative
Reactions: Manx57

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
went wide on first time round as did most people, I was already in the lead so no place to give back. Sorry but that was the only mistake I made in an hour long race which I dominated and it sounds like sour grapes you suggesting that the top 3 were cutting. My replay starts about 2 laps in as is just onboard one but I will upload tomorrow if anyone feels I wasn't racing fair.

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
went wide on first time round as did most people, I was already in the lead so no place to give back. Sorry but that was the only mistake I made in an hour long race which I dominated and it sounds like sour grapes you suggesting that the top 3 were cutting. My replay starts about 2 laps in as is just onboard one but I will upload tomorrow if anyone feels I wasn't racing fair.
Not sour at all I went to spectator mode and flicked between the top three and all at some point in a lap either cut or extended and that was only watching for three minutes... show the replay of the chase cam, if I am wrong and just happened upon the only time it happened I will gladly apologise.

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
I drive in car so the replay will be that as the actual proper replay only saved 40 mins. Will upload shortly, you know track limits or on don't you? We all do our best but in those conditions sometimes you do overun. Can't speak for rest of podium as we were quite spread out in race.