PS4 - GT3 S9 AM: Round 5 - Road America - 28/03/18 - 8PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 S9 AM: Round 5 - Road America - 28/03/18 - 8PM UK-time

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016

ROUND 5 - Road America

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 28 March 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 1 Hour

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 15 July 2018, 17:00
- Race start time: 15 July 2018, 18:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed No Shows:
@biba99
@Alex Varic

Unconfirmed No Shows:
@dray6181

Last edited:

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
This will be an interesting race. I can't do low downforce to save my life so I'm gonna have to have a big straight line speed deficit but since I'm a bit of a self-confessed opening lap god anyway I should be fine.

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
It's all about balance my friend, you can run low DF if its balanced and you compensate in other areas of set up. I'm really looking forward to this race as i like this track alot, even though the Audi might strugle with the long straights against other motors like the renault/ ferrari/ lambo. Should be a good ' un though

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Done a little testing which didn't go great, anyone else? Seems to me that you need hard tyres for race and Qualy as track temp pretty high, what do others think?

Do love the track but it's tricky at this time of day with long shadows and then getting dark towards end

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Done a little testing which didn't go great, anyone else? Seems to me that you need hard tyres for race and Qualy as track temp pretty high, what do others think?

Do love the track but it's tricky at this time of day with long shadows and then getting dark towards end
Only use softs if you simply can't get the hards to temperature. That's the mistake I made at Silverstone.

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Only use softs if track temp is below 25 degrees C, otherwise they wont work. Here yes, at this tme of day / year it's hard tyres all the way for qualy and race

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Thanks guys, yeah I watched yorkies videos and he said the same.

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
It's amazing how close our championship is. 4 races, 4 winners and quite a few other potential winners, the league placements have been masterful.

• Agree
Reactions: Chickano

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
I agree, though I feel miles behind you guys after Silverstone but hoping to be more competitive at road America.

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
I agree, though I feel miles behind you guys after Silverstone but hoping to be more competitive at road America.
Yeah well everyone struggles at a couple of races and you've been pretty rapid all season so I wouldn't read too much into it.

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Yeah it's never been a favourite track i had to put loads of laps in just to get anywhere near a respectable time.

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
No, even more competition. ;)
As I am not overwhelmed by this track enough. Way off pace and and far from constant lap times.

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
No, even more competition. ;)
As I am not overwhelmed by this track enough. Way off pace and and far from constant lap times.
Watch some hotlaps from good players so you can get braking and turn on points then try to drive like them. It worked a treat for me at Silverstone.

• Agree
Reactions: Michel--NL

Dennis_Meisner

AOR PS4 S2 LMP2 TEC Champion
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2018
Well the mandatory one from me....

The talk about pace - I actually like this track, but in my opinion the Audi don’t
I can go as far as mid 2:12’s in racepace - what are you all going around in?

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Well the mandatory one from me....

The talk about pace - I actually like this track, but in my opinion the Audi don’t
I can go as far as mid 2:12’s in racepace - what are you all going around in?
I will practice tomorrow and see.

Tom harper

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 17, 2017
Ok so after missing the last two races I'm back this week. Dose any one know what a good lap time is on this track?