PS4 - GT3 S9 AM: Round 5 - Road America - 28/03/18 - 8PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 S9 AM: Round 5 - Road America - 28/03/18 - 8PM UK-time

flatspunout

PS4 GT3 S9 Pro Champion
Mar 7, 2018
Continuing my bad luck, I qualified P6 and retired in the race. Turn 1 was very good for me I got up to P2 then on lap 4 or something I caught on the kerb and spun out and got damage. Had to pit and after that my car was understeering at the fast right hander and crashed into the wall then I was so frustrated that I couldn't concentrate and kept spinning out and crashing. This game needs to be fixed like I could ride the kerbs in practice but not in the race it seems as though there are some glitches with the setup.
The kerbs at RA are huge and unforgiving...make sure that the ride height isn't too low on full fuel or you will get nasty spins from riding them. The ride height numbers in the tuning menu are for a parked car on flat ground with an empty tank, so if you are running as low as it will go for qualy then put in 100 liters for the race you are most likely dragging and probably at the rear. The telemetry HUD has the ride height displayed in real time as you are driving, lower than 4.5cm or so under cornering load and you will probably have issues with the kerbs at RA. Hope that helps some, I know how frustrating it can be to have a totally different car in the race than in practice :)

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Oh dear. It seems like this race would have been an easy 3rd place for me :(. If this big continues I'll just have to persist.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
The kerbs at RA are huge and unforgiving...make sure that the ride height isn't too low on full fuel or you will get nasty spins from riding them. The ride height numbers in the tuning menu are for a parked car on flat ground with an empty tank, so if you are running as low as
Continuing my bad luck, I qualified P6 and retired in the race. Turn 1 was very good for me I got up to P2 then on lap 4 or something I caught on the kerb and spun out and got damage. Had to pit and after that my car was understeering at the fast right hander and crashed into the wall then I was so frustrated that I couldn't concentrate and kept spinning out and crashing. This game needs to be fixed like I could ride the kerbs in practice but not in the race it seems as though there are some glitches with the setup.
As well as the advise @flatspunout has giving look at your fast bumps to tune out understeer and overseer on the curds my numbers are different on a q setup and race setup

• Useful
Reactions: Chickano

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Q - p11
R - p3

This week i had some time to work on the car setup and it paid off, car was more stable than previous races.
Quali was ok, just one request; please look when you come out of the pit, i was going for my final hotlap on low fuel when @Dannyboy came out of the pit and straight on the racing line where i was doin 250 kph and rammed my car in his bumper.

In the race i was lucky, @weal77 stole my p11 in the warm up lap! and because of that i could avoid the crash in lap 1 otherwise i was in the middle i guess.
That gave me p6 few laps later i was p4 but spun out of the corner and damaged the aero a little.
kept on going kept fighting for position and eventually was p3 .
Most positions gained because of drop outs/crashes but was fun race and happy with a podium.

Congrats to p1 @Dannyboy and p2 @Chickano

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Q - p11
R - p3

This week i had some time to work on the car setup and it paid off, car was more stable than previous races.
Quali was ok, just one request; please look when you come out of the pit, i was going for my final hotlap on low fuel when @Dannyboy came out of the pit and straight on the racing line where i was doin 250 kph and rammed my car in his bumper.

In the race i was lucky, @weal77 stole my p11 in the warm up lap! and because of that i could avoid the crash in lap 1 otherwise i was in the middle i guess.
That gave me p6 few laps later i was p4 but spun out of the corner and damaged the aero a little.
kept on going kept fighting for position and eventually was p3 .
Most positions gained because of drop outs/crashes but was fun race and happy with a podium.

Congrats to p1 @Dannyboy and p2 @Chickano

Sorry sorry about that, I just didn't see you coming the speed is so fast compared to the speed I was doing coming out of pits but i didn't know who had hit me to apologize directly.