PS4 - GT3 S9 AM: Round 6 - Long Beach - 04/04/18 - 8PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 S9 AM: Round 6 - Long Beach - 04/04/18 - 8PM UK-time

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016

ROUND 6 - Long Beach

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 4 April 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 1 Hour

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 12 August 2018, 19:00
- Race start time: 12 August 2018, 20:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed No Shows:
-

Unconfirmed No Shows:
@Wil-W5
@RockabillyOutlaw

Last edited:

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
And the first corner. I think it will be fun :)

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Pole could be vital here, stay out of trouble :)

I had a quick test this morning, struggling for grip badly.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
One thing to be aware of and careful about: The pit exit in Long Beach is a little special.

The normal racing line into turn 1 actually crosses the pit exit lane.
You can cross the pit exit lane from the outside to get onto your line into turn 1.
But: If there is a car exiting the pits, remember, it has nowhere to go, so if a car is exiting the pits you must leave the exiting car space on the pit exit lane.
(common sense really).

Keep also in mind that the pit exit lane is exceptionally long at Long Beach, even beyond the normal line into turn 1. This is important when you exit the pits.
Image2.jpg

Reactions: Tom harper

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
I know..we are discussing about it.
Hmm. I appreciate the logic but not sure I'd be in favour. People are still gonna throw one up the inside if they get a chance, plus if you qualy 6th you start on the 6th row effectively rather than the third. It might also mean taht given theres zero room for eror people might (MIGHT) rise to that responsibility and take it easy. Who knows lol ( just my two cents :)

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Yeah I can see both sides really, may reduce chance of a first corner incident but as chickano said If people feel they are out of position they may just try and force a move anyway.

My thoughts are that it's a bit of a cop out, a slightly false way of trying to contstruct a safe getaway. I know it may be unlikely but shouldn't we just reinforce to everyone that it's a 29 lap race and that it will not be won in the first few corners but it can certainly be lost if you damage your car.

Ultimately this is just my opinion, this is my first AOR season and I will happily go along with whatever decision is made. I would like to hear others thoughts as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Manx57 and Chickano

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I'm also not a fan of the idea single line start. We just need to keep it calm the first few corners. I think there will be enough crashes during the race ;)
Think i'm going to fit a bull bar to the car for this race :p

• Happy
Reactions: Chickano

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Yeah Danny I here ye mate and agree. Remember lads It's not how you start that counts it's how you finish.

Will probably be about 45 laps though i think with the lap times what they are. What are they? I'll never tell... hahahahaha (evil laugh) !!!

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Yeah Danny I here ye mate and agree. Remember lads It's not how you start that counts it's how you finish.

Will probably be about 45 laps though i think with the lap times what they are. What are they? I'll never tell... hahahahaha (evil laugh) !!!
Ha of course I'm still on Silverstone and Road America lap times. Will be loads of laps here. Honestly don't know what my time will be here yet, was trying to nail down a setup this morning and was not happy with it so have loads of time to find. The elite guys doing 1:16's I think and I am several seconds off that, will post some times once I get more time on track.

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Ha of course I'm still on Silverstone and Road America lap times. Will be loads of laps here. Honestly don't know what my time will be here yet, was trying to nail down a setup this morning and was not happy with it so have loads of time to find. The elite guys doing 1:16's I think and I am several seconds off that, will post some times once I get more time on track.
Though 45 laps suggest you think about 1:20 chickano? ;-)

If so I've got some time to find :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Chickano

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
it's a really tough track to set the car up for, i think you could spend a month on it and not be happy. Soooo bumpy, The last 2 turns are a bitch as well

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
I hope i dont' have to push so much during the race that I'd need a 1.20. Have been running 1.21 race pace