PS4 - GT3 S9 AM: Round 7 - Zhuhai International Circuit - 09/05/18 - 8PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 S9 AM: Round 7 - Zhuhai International Circuit - 09/05/18 - 8PM UK-time

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016

ROUND 7 - Zhuhai International Circuit

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 09 May 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 1 Hour

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 9 September 2018, 16:00
- Race start time: 9 September 2018, 17:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no show:
@Manx57
@weal77
@Alex Varic

Uninformed no show:

Last edited:

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
"Round 7 - Zhuhai GP

Welcome to Chinas southern coast and the city that translates literally to "Pearl Sea".

The Zhuhai circuit, designed by the same team that brought us the circuit in Adelaide, promises exciting racing.

We are expecting clear conditions for the qualifying and haze for the race."

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Maybe it's just me but I don't find 'the world's most boring track' that bad to drive on. The car feels nice on heavy and light fuel but it's much slower on heavy fuel - I struggle to get 36s yet in time trial mid 34s are a breeze.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
My first drive would be tomorrow evening (i hope).

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Yeah, practice race is on when the champions league is so i won't be there. The Audi is gonna struggle here against renault ferrari and lambo. If the update comes before next race will be interesting to see how the maclaren improves. This track is ok to drive, some nice mid speed corners but lots of heavy braking zones. It's also a track that punished you if you run off / go wide. That last corner is hairy :)

have been getting mid 34s no problem in my initial test in TT also.

• Informative
Reactions: VTC-16

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
The update increases the weight of the Ferrari so hope it isn't live before Wednesday
Not had time to test yet but hopefully will tonight or tomorrow

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
I went again and was suddenly getting mid 35s in the lobby on 60l of fuel. Feel comfortable with the car but I struggle to find consistency with this track - I don't really know where to break to be honest.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I'm also on .35..still need a lot of practice. First time on this track.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Yeah, practice race is on when the champions league is so i won't be there. The Audi is gonna struggle here against renault ferrari and lambo. If the update comes before next race will be interesting to see how the maclaren improves. This track is ok to drive, some nice mid speed corners but lots of heavy braking zones. It's also a track that punished you if you run off / go wide. That last corner is hairy :)

have been getting mid 34s no problem in my initial test in TT also.
The turbo cars really dont have any advantage at this track with it been low altitude. Did some testing in the N/T cars and was quicker in the r8 and lamdo.but then when we go to Bathurst with it been at altitude the likes of them will be down on power by 10/15 hp and will struggle it's the one thing the game does good.

• Informative
Reactions: Chickano

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Can do a 34.0 now. Am struggling a bit at this track to be honest, i struggle to hook it up. Will get to do a practice run tomorrow at some stage to settle on a race trim.

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Can do a 34.0 now. Am struggling a bit at this track to be honest, i struggle to hook it up. Will get to do a practice run tomorrow at some stage to settle on a race trim.
Yeah I really struggle to hook up multiple laps without making basic mistakes

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
Just letting you know VTC-16 lives in America and Patch 5 update not out over there yet????

VTC-16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2016
@Michel--NL, I'm in America and probably will not get the patch until tomorrow. Been checking, but don't think anyone in America will get it till tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: Michel--NL

VTC-16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2016
The people that live in America won't be able to join the race room, because the patch deference. For me that sucks I'm going to loose precious points. That's no fault of mine, so far I have not missed a race.