PS4 - GT3 S9 AM: Round 7 - Zhuhai International Circuit - 09/05/18 - 8PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 S9 AM: Round 7 - Zhuhai International Circuit - 09/05/18 - 8PM UK-time

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Congratulations everyone on a great season and well done @Chickano definitely deserved the champ.

Qual 2
Race 6th

Disaster really, had a decent start but lost 2nd to Dennis on 1st corner and then another Audi dive-bombed up the inside and went back to 4th. Managed to get back up inside next corner but unfortunately due to my late breaking I t boned chickano badly. Didn't want to gain any sort of champ advantage by causing a crash and had damaged front so decided to pit.

Got a crap 10 second penalty for pit lane speeding despite having limiter on in plenty of time.

Came back through the Field and caught up with lowracer towards the end and we had a great battle with a few small touches and then eventually he lost control on first corner and we touched and he went into gravel. However I never managed to build a 10 second gap so after my penalty was applied he still finished in front of me.

Really enjoyed my first season and hope to race you all next season. Am also doing the Touring car if anyone else is.

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Firstly thanks @Michel--NL for all your work over the season with hosting and coordination and also everyone for racing in the league, I really enjoyed it.

Thanks to @danjbirch for a great battle all season long, Zolder and Long Beach in particular were fantastic examples of race-craft by you.

Q1
a gnat's cock in the difference for pole after the timer ended

R4
Had decent start, got tagged as Danny said, didn't know by who but fair play to Danny on the sportsmanship. A real shame that it compromised your race. Had a good battle with @biba99 for ages, lasted a long time, kept making small errors here and there. eventually all settled down and i caught @Wimstradamus and @VTC-16 who were fighting over 3rd and 4th, only to see wimstra spin and hit the wall. Then for the last half hour maybe i faught with VTC who drove really well. Got passed him 2 times but locked up twice and he regained the position. Into T1 i thought i had hit him or there was a lag-smack, as he went very far off into the gravel so waited just in case, even though no contact on my screen it can happen like that sometimes. Battled on for the remainder of the race, think i passed one more time and an error out of the first hair pin gave 3rd back, put the pressure on for the remainng laps but he held out, fair play great drive to get the podium. And i believe the constructors championship to him and @LowRacerNL ? congrats.

Congrats to @Dennis_Meisner on the win, quick all day and @Noxvi for the 2nd.

I'll sign up to something, not sure yet what,if TC or LMP1 or whatever but will see. A mate of mine from VR room just joined AOR for the touring car called @Slicker he's quick and very clean racer.

Once again everyone, thanks for some great races throughout the season and see you for the next one!(y)

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Firstly thanks @Michel--NL for all your work over the season with hosting and coordination and also everyone for racing in the league, I really enjoyed it.

Thanks to @danjbirch for a great battle all season long, Zolder and Long Beach in particular were fantastic examples of race-craft by you.

Q1
a gnat's cock in the difference for pole after the timer ended

R4
Had decent start, got tagged as Danny said, didn't know by who but fair play to Danny on the sportsmanship. A real shame that it compromised your race. Had a good battle with @biba99 for ages, lasted a long time, kept making small errors here and there. eventually all settled down and i caught @Wimstradamus and @VTC-16 who were fighting over 3rd and 4th, only to see wimstra spin and hit the wall. Then for the last half hour maybe i faught with VTC who drove really well. Got passed him 2 times but locked up twice and he regained the position. Into T1 i thought i had hit him or there was a lag-smack, as he went very far off into the gravel so waited just in case, even though no contact on my screen it can happen like that sometimes. Battled on for the remainder of the race, think i passed one more time and an error out of the first hair pin gave 3rd back, put the pressure on for the remainng laps but he held out, fair play great drive to get the podium. And i believe the constructors championship to him and @LowRacerNL ? congrats.

Congrats to @Dennis_Meisner on the win, quick all day and @Noxvi for the 2nd.

I'll sign up to something, not sure yet what,if TC or LMP1 or whatever but will see. A mate of mine from VR room just joined AOR for the touring car called @Slicker he's quick and very clean racer.

Once again everyone, thanks for some great races throughout the season and see you for the next one!(y)
Sign up for Touring Car with your mate, I've got 3 mates signed up who all similar speed to me so it's gonna be a great mini champ. Well done again mate, well deserved.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chickano

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Sign up for Touring Car with your mate, I've got 3 mates signed up who all similar speed to me so it's gonna be a great mini champ. Well done again mate, well deserved.
I can't race on the 23rd as I'm going to a gig, not sure if i should sign up as can't do that one. Thanks again Danny, well played sir.

Dennis_Meisner

AOR PS4 S2 LMP2 TEC Champion
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2018
@Michel--NL Great work over the season!
Would be pleased to race anything you’re involved in.

@Chickano comgrats on the championship- consistency over the season made you take it as deserved.

Thx to the rest of you as well, was my first season at AOR but will not be my last, loads of great clean racing - I’m up for another.

The race.

Q 3 - think I could have a shot at pole, but wanted to go for a smoke instead.

R 1 - that smoke payed of, really focused and relaxed on the start. Had a good timing as @Chickano started the race, and a bit of tow made me pass @danjbirch foe 2nd 3 turns later I had the run on Chickano, and went for, had the inside but really really late on the brakes, not the smoothest pass, but he spotted how committed I was to it so no incidents (gotta love the respect) Moments later I could see a car go sideways due to a t-bone and could see it was to two guys leading the championship- made me think most competitors was under control then, but quickly it showed my teammate @Noxvi had a great pace in the car as me, but I could manage a 3 sec gap for quite a while until he lost it a bit, from there I could slowly build up a massive gap, and just keeping a good pace without any chances taken.

I was really surprised being that strong in the race as i allready had made the call that Audi would suffer due to altitude.
For me and my teammate a great way to end a great season with a solid 1-2 win

VTC-16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2016
First off I want to thank @Michel--NL being our [tier] coordinator you did a fantastic job I’m pretty sure you updated the our race results and standings before any other [tier] coordinator and I know one of my fellow racers had @Michel—NL back on a couple races, don’t remember who you were. You know who you are, thank you too.

Q: 5th
R: 3th

Congratulations to @Dennis_Meisner for the race WIN !!!
And a congratulations also goes out @Noxvi for 2nd place and HEY, 3rd place to me. I can’t believe it.

NEXT RACE: SEASON 9 IS OVER !!!
I hope everyone had a good time, I know I did. Hope to see you gentleman next season.

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
Congratulations everyone on a great season and well done @Chickano definitely deserved the champ.

Qual 2
Race 6th

Disaster really, had a decent start but lost 2nd to Dennis on 1st corner and then another Audi dive-bombed up the inside and went back to 4th. Managed to get back up inside next corner but unfortunately due to my late breaking I t boned chickano badly. Didn't want to gain any sort of champ advantage by causing a crash and had damaged front so decided to pit.

Got a crap 10 second penalty for pit lane speeding despite having limiter on in plenty of time.

Came back through the Field and caught up with lowracer towards the end and we had a great battle with a few small touches and then eventually he lost control on first corner and we touched and he went into gravel. However I never managed to build a 10 second gap so after my penalty was applied he still finished in front of me.

Really enjoyed my first season and hope to race you all next season. Am also doing the Touring car if anyone else is.
That was me up your inside haha, I was committed to that move

Reactions: danjbirch

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
(bit late)
First of all I wanna say thank you to @Michel--NL for being a very good coordinator in our tier, it has been a great season thank you everyone for the races and the competition. I have learned so much during the last 11 weeks learned about setups the game and mainly racing. It was a decent season for me but It will be much better in Season 10.
And congrats to @Chickano on the championship
Good job everyone hope to see you all next season and have more exciting races like this season! :)