PS4 - GT3 S9 AM: Round 9 - Bathurst Mount Panorama - 25/04/18 - 8PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 S9 AM: Round 9 - Bathurst Mount Panorama - 25/04/18 - 8PM UK-time

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016

ROUND 9 - Bathurst Mount Panorama

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 25 April 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 1 Hour

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Centre.

● In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 4 November 2018, 05:00
- Race start time: 4 November 2018, 06:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed No Show:
@Tom harper
@weal77

Unconfirmed No Show:
@Anthony VR46

Last edited:

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Well then this is my favourite circuit, and one of the few circuits where I should easily be able to keep up with the pace. However, as I'm sure @Manx57 will remember far too vividly, the race wasn't exactly brilliant.

Anyway, I'm sure we won't see two people try to take out the entire field again, can't imagine anyone doing that :p.

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Well then this is my favourite circuit, and one of the few circuits where I should easily be able to keep up with the pace. However, as I'm sure @Manx57 will remember far too vividly, the race wasn't exactly brilliant.

Anyway, I'm sure we won't see two people try to take out the entire field again, can't imagine anyone doing that :p.
Yes the stock car duo that was damned annoying to say the least...... insert bad language

I have had a couple of practice goes and my race pace is 2:09's /10's is that going to be fast enough?

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Yes the stock car duo that was damned annoying to say the least...... insert bad language

I have had a couple of practice goes and my race pace is 2:09's /10's is that going to be fast enough?
I'm getting mid 2:08s, but wierdly, i'm no faster than that in quali.

Tom harper

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 17, 2017
Hi all sorry for the late notice but due to my son being unwell I'm going to have to pull out of tonight's race. Hope you all have a good one. See you next week

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Hi all sorry for the late notice but due to my son being unwell I'm going to have to pull out of tonight's race. Hope you all have a good one. See you next week
No problem Tom...family first (y)
Hope he gets well soon

• Friendly
Reactions: Tom harper

LowRacerNL

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Dec 4, 2017
I reckon the game hates me....
I can't figure out how i am spinning and losing the car. I do not know why i bother anymore. Personaly i think the combo of me the track the car and the setup never work. Dubai was easy. COTA i messed up. Road America happened. The rest i dont know what happend. I don't care what happend. I should invest more time in the game but i dont want to with my broken T80 and the pad is just trash. Anyhow next season will be mine (i hope) xD

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
I reckon the game hates me....
I can't figure out how i am spinning and losing the car. I do not know why i bother anymore. Personaly i think the combo of me the track the car and the setup never work. Dubai was easy. COTA i messed up. Road America happened. The rest i dont know what happend. I don't care what happend. I should invest more time in the game but i dont want to with my broken T80 and the pad is just trash. Anyhow next season will be mine (i hope) xD
To be honest I know exactly what is happening, mostly because it his happening to me as well. You open up your PS4 saying 'I'm going to practice for my AOR race'. But then you immediately see that Fortnite symbol and say 'well I'll just play a couple of games'. Before you know it though you are 10 games into playing a far more enticing, addictive game and about 13 different friends all ask you to join their squad.

Sometimes you get into Pcars2 and practice but then some kind of issue pops up - a glitch, an issue with your T80 maybe, and of course Fortnite is just waiting to sweep up your racing misery. I think this sums up my season pretty well, and quite possibly yours also, but I can only guess so much.

Oh, and I apologise for rage-quitting, not gonna pretend it was necessary or for any other reason. It is frustrating though being taken out in an incident which isn't even a case of lack of mechanical inability, but simply a case if drivers not thinking.

Reactions: LowRacerNL

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
P4: Way better than I thought, but you have to be kidding me... messed up my race 10 min left on the straight after T1... On the straight... omg... on the straight... Can't believe it. Not sure what I did, came a little bit off the track and went into the wall... At the start I had some luck to avoid some crashed cars in front of me, after this it was a pretty clean and lonely race. Pace was not there, so I tried to get some constant lap times. And then the straight...
Congrats to the guys on the podium :)

Reactions: danjbirch

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Well done to the podium guys and all who battled on to finish (y)

No point in describing in detail about my race, when someone else makes a mistake there is nowhere to hide and up their chuff you go :lol:

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Just watched the replay, that was a massive crash for a few of the guys on the straight.

My race:
Qual: pole with the fastest lap I've ever done round here.

Race: early laps wimstradamus kept me honest for several laps with the gap only 1-2 seconds but I slowly managed to grow the gap then he must have made a mistake as dropped back quickly.

After that I had a very quiet race, just one hairy moment when Dennis had a moment on the back straight and I nearly went into back of him lapping him.

My best and most consistent drive of the season, congratulations to everyone who finished and chickano and Michel on the podium spots. Will upload replay of onboard later.

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
ano and
Just watched the replay, that was a massive crash for a few of the guys on the straight.

My race:
Qual: pole with the fastest lap I've ever done round here.

Race: early laps wimstradamus kept me honest for several laps with the gap only 1-2 seconds but I slowly managed to grow the gap then he must have made a mistake as dropped back quickly.

After that I had a very quiet race, just one hairy moment when Dennis had a moment on the back straight and I nearly went into back of him lapping him.

My best and most consistent drive of the season, congratulations to everyone who finished and chickano and Michel on the podium spots. Will upload replay of onboard later.
was that the incident on lap 1?

Reactions: VTC-16

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Q12
R2

Well that was a saga.

So i got new spring mod for my pedals, had time today so installed them all good. went to do some TT before race and no accelerator. tried calibrate all the rest. So put them to F1 style to invert them. Brake as gas was way too stiff so had to get into the attic and get old pedals. qualy ran out then.

I think i may have held someone up in qualy while all this was going on with me trying to think of a fix initially - sorry if i did.

race - spent warm up lap and first lap or 2 trying t get used to new old pedals (or old new pedals). Big shunt on lap 1 lads ahead , gained a few places.

them pedals slipped, so had to sit in a weird position, with my right leg way off to the side and half lyin i nmy chair. That was a Loooooong 40 mins from there!! thought i was gonna get 6th until unfortunately for them people had to pit. Unlucky lads . I had 2 brushes with the wall and got away with them.

Well done on the win @danjbirch and @Michel--NL for another podium. !!

Reactions: VTC-16

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Q12
R2

Well that was a saga.

So i got new spring mod for my pedals, had time today so installed them all good. went to do some TT before race and no accelerator. tried calibrate all the rest. So put them to F1 style to invert them. Brake as gas was way too stiff so had to get into the attic and get old pedals. qualy ran out then.

I think i may have held someone up in qualy while all this was going on with me trying to think of a fix initially - sorry if i did.

race - spent warm up lap and first lap or 2 trying t get used to new old pedals (or old new pedals). Big shunt on lap 1 lads ahead , gained a few places.

them pedals slipped, so had to sit in a weird position, with my right leg way off to the side and half lyin i nmy chair. That was a Loooooong 40 mins from there!! thought i was gonna get 6th until unfortunately for them people had to pit. Unlucky lads . I had 2 brushes with the wall and got away with them.

Well done on the win @danjbirch and @Michel--NL for another podium. !!
You still managed 2nd after all that, well done mate. Thought I had a chance to take some serious points of you tonight :)

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
You still managed 2nd after all that, well done mate. Thought I had a chance to take some serious points of you tonight :)
only through other people's misfortune it has to be said. i thought so too man, i said i'd be happy with points. Still there's 2 to go and any thing still can happen