XB1 - GT3 S9 Elite: Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 GT3 S9 Elite: Main Thread

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
This game is broken beyond repair.
Sorry George to take your message as a start of my post. I just want to put out some words regarding the state of the game just as I experienced last week and today as I am afraid of loosing 5 of the fastest drivers in the highest Tier on XBOX One.

I don't think the game is broken!
I do now the game has some bad downs with lag and FF issues. BTW: I never experienced FF issues myself. Sometimes I have no FF (reconnect the wheel -> done) but never had any stuttering. Probably we can find a clue why some people do experience stuttering as it looks like the same drivers over and over again.

Nevertheless the game has some real up's. If you want to drive GT3 (everybody signed in), if you want to have a great variety of tracks, if you want to have different conditions in time and weather and last but not least want to drive with one of the fastest communities securing fast and clean opponents Project Cars 2 is the wright game for you.

I think last week and this week @EVR Burnout and me were the only drivers disconnecting. I found out my router is broken and for some reason PC2 is very sensitiv. I switched out my router and got to the end today. Probably Burnout can check his settings and find a mistake in the setup of his router to solve the problem. I can help you if needed!
Other than that I was stuck in the setup screen today. Bad luck I think. Restart the game and go for it.

Regarding the FF issue we have to have a finer look. Please let me know the setup you are running, how you connected your wheel (USB Hub or directly), which wheel you are using, have you experienced these issues in other leagues you are running?

I really don't want half of the field giving up just yet because the game provides great potential for a great racing community.

BTW: @EVR Matt212 do you have the stream recorded? I really want to see that double overtake against @THR m0o0o7 and @TRL Wolf again. :cigar:

So guys. Long speech, I hope everyone made it to the end. Let me know your thoughts and let the community help to get on track all together!

Cheers Seppel

aidtheace

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Tier 1 Champion
Nov 9, 2016
I know the FFB issues have been effecting me on my G920 in Season 8. I then have brought a new Fanatec and had no issues at all with rumbling until this recent update. Its only since patch 4.0 that this has reappeared for me!
I dont enjoy the game.
The game has potential with weather, tracks, cars and what not but when half the grid just cant drive comparatively and are just trundling around being pissed off with the game.
I dont want to have to pull out of the series as iv done the last 3.
I was close to pulling out of the last Season but stuck at it hoping the game would fix and its still as bad now...and this is 10 rounds.
I cant warrant putting time in the practice to get in the race and waste another 2 hours messing about with the game feeling god awful.
I went on iRacing last night as iv got my new PC and had more fun on that in a 10 minute Mazda MX5 Cup race than iv had on any race on PCARS2.
Its gone from being annoying and manageable. To me not even wanting to turn up.
I think its a number of things. The live track 3.0 system simply doesnt run right on Xbox as the console is not powerful enough.
It could be just GT3 cars as iv raced TORA LMP3 Cup and had some strange whee feelings like it being twitchy and odd but never the FFB bouncing/rumbling. And just that the game is not stable on connections. Its nothing to do with any of our internet connections aa every other game works sound across countries. Look T battlefield. 64 players all in one game fine!
I dont think I will be continuing tbh. Im sorry seppel but when last season i had 4 of the 6 races that i had issues and then the same in these first 2.
Its not looking good!
I would of loved to have been able to have a good season as all 12 drivers are very good and all got a good shot at some good races and the cars do seem more balanced now in the new patch. But thats no good if half the grid has 1 of a number off issues like getting stuck in the tuning menu.
I may turn up next week on no practice and just see but any issues and il be done.
Il have to see as I was already questioning weather to race last night.
Sorry guys.

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
I had zero issues last night both in quali and the race unlike last week. I did notice a few people dropped out which is a shame. My internet connection isn't great (until we get light stream in summer then hopefully that will change), Not sure why some people are having issues and some are not, I'm on the og xbox not an X so it must be just people's internet connection that's the problem ???

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
I know the FFB issues have been effecting me on my G920 in Season 8. I then have brought a new Fanatec and had no issues at all with rumbling until this recent update. Its only since patch 4.0 that this has reappeared for me!
I dont enjoy the game.
Have you tried loading the game in with your controller and connecting the wheel just when race is loaded in? Don't know if this is possible tho.

The game has potential with weather, tracks, cars and what not but when half the grid just cant drive comparatively and are just trundling around being pissed off with the game.
I dont want to have to pull out of the series as iv done the last 3.
I was close to pulling out of the last Season but stuck at it hoping the game would fix and its still as bad now...and this is 10 rounds.
I cant warrant putting time in the practice to get in the race and waste another 2 hours messing about with the game feeling god awful.
That's what I said. We have to try and find workarounds because racing in GT3 Elite is too good to be cancelled. Unfortunately we all have to deal with the issues.

I went on iRacing last night as iv got my new PC and had more fun on that in a 10 minute Mazda MX5 Cup race than iv had on any race on PCARS2.
If you are able to race on PC I am the last person to encourage you not to. I will be switching to PC as well. Probably next year as I have a very pricy wedding coming up in May. :angelic:

Its gone from being annoying and manageable. To me not even wanting to turn up.
I think its a number of things. The live track 3.0 system simply doesnt run right on Xbox as the console is not powerful enough.
It could be just GT3 cars as iv raced TORA LMP3 Cup and had some strange whee feelings like it being twitchy and odd but never the FFB bouncing/rumbling. And just that the game is not stable on connections. Its nothing to do with any of our internet connections aa every other game works sound across countries. Look T battlefield. 64 players all in one game fine!
I can't remember if @EVR Burnout disconnected or pulled out for other reasons but we had good connection yesterday. Even the @THR m0o0o7 wasn't lagging and we had some nice bumper battles as you probably saw.

I dont think I will be continuing tbh. Im sorry seppel but when last season i had 4 of the 6 races that i had issues and then the same in these first 2.
Its not looking good!
I would of loved to have been able to have a good season as all 12 drivers are very good and all got a good shot at some good races and the cars do seem more balanced now in the new patch. But thats no good if half the grid has 1 of a number off issues like getting stuck in the tuning menu.
I may turn up next week on no practice and just see but any issues and il be done.
Il have to see as I was already questioning weather to race last night.
Sorry guys.
Try to get yourself some positiv thinking and try again next week. It would be very sad if one of the most competitive drivers I ever raced has to pull out again.

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
I had zero issues last night both in quali and the race unlike last week. I did notice a few people dropped out which is a shame. My internet connection isn't great (until we get light stream in summer then hopefully that will change), Not sure why some people are having issues and some are not, I'm on the og xbox not an X so it must be just people's internet connection that's the problem ???
Probably the game has some problems with the settings in game. I am on the One X and have everything turned on n the graphics settings. Probably there is one option which causes issues.
Are you able to screenshot your graphics and gameplay options @Rich 1701 . Perhaps the other guys with problems are able to compare their options and make some adjustments.

BTW: Results are updated

Reactions: Rich 1701

Chrismk360

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 13, 2016
Sorry guys but i'm pulling out of the league i just can't deal with the bugs anymore. Imo the game isn't ready for league racing on console. I've raced with a 28+ car field on pc without issue but can't even race with 10 on xbox, its a joke.

Good luck to you guys i hope they fix the game soon but i'm done with racing on xbox.

Rich 1701

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 2, 2018
Probably the game has some problems with the settings in game. I am on the One X and have everything turned on n the graphics settings. Probably there is one option which causes issues.
Are you able to screenshot your graphics and gameplay options @Rich 1701 . Perhaps the other guys with problems are able to compare their options and make some adjustments.

BTW: Results are updated
Yeah will do that later on today when I get home Sep, what I will say though is that I was having loads of problems with the game crashing all the time when trying to start a race or time trial/ practice sessions and when I was exiting a session, also i had some strange freezing during races, so I uninstalled the game and also made some more space on my Xbox by uninstalling some other games ( it was nearly full) and re installed Pcars 2 and since then touch wood I haven't had any issues, so not sure if that would be worth a try for anyone else? I also use an Ethernet cable not WiFi

Burnout 28

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 26, 2016
Sorry George to take your message as a start of my post. I just want to put out some words regarding the state of the game just as I experienced last week and today as I am afraid of loosing 5 of the fastest drivers in the highest Tier on XBOX One.

I don't think the game is broken!
I do now the game has some bad downs with lag and FF issues. BTW: I never experienced FF issues myself. Sometimes I have no FF (reconnect the wheel -> done) but never had any stuttering. Probably we can find a clue why some people do experience stuttering as it looks like the same drivers over and over again.

Nevertheless the game has some real up's. If you want to drive GT3 (everybody signed in), if you want to have a great variety of tracks, if you want to have different conditions in time and weather and last but not least want to drive with one of the fastest communities securing fast and clean opponents Project Cars 2 is the wright game for you.

I think last week and this week @EVR Burnout and me were the only drivers disconnecting. I found out my router is broken and for some reason PC2 is very sensitiv. I switched out my router and got to the end today. Probably Burnout can check his settings and find a mistake in the setup of his router to solve the problem. I can help you if needed!
Other than that I was stuck in the setup screen today. Bad luck I think. Restart the game and go for it.

Regarding the FF issue we have to have a finer look. Please let me know the setup you are running, how you connected your wheel (USB Hub or directly), which wheel you are using, have you experienced these issues in other leagues you are running?

I really don't want half of the field giving up just yet because the game provides great potential for a great racing community.

BTW: @EVR Matt212 do you have the stream recorded? I really want to see that double overtake against @THR m0o0o7 and @TRL Wolf again. :cigar:

So guys. Long speech, I hope everyone made it to the end. Let me know your thoughts and let the community help to get on track all together!

Cheers Seppel
regarding my internet, nothing is wrong. I do the same thing that I do in TORA and I dont get one probelm, I come into AOR and I get every problem known to man. Nothing I need to change

Reactions: seppel165

Burnout 28

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 26, 2016
Have you tried loading the game in with your controller and connecting the wheel just when race is loaded in? Don't know if this is possible tho.

That's what I said. We have to try and find workarounds because racing in GT3 Elite is too good to be cancelled. Unfortunately we all have to deal with the issues.

If you are able to race on PC I am the last person to encourage you not to. I will be switching to PC as well. Probably next year as I have a very pricy wedding coming up in May. :angelic:

I can't remember if @EVR Burnout disconnected or pulled out for other reasons but we had good connection yesterday. Even the @THR m0o0o7 wasn't lagging and we had some nice bumper battles as you probably saw.

Try to get yourself some positiv thinking and try again next week. It would be very sad if one of the most competitive drivers I ever raced has to pull out again.
Also I pulled out from Dubai due to the amount of issues I was experiencing

aidtheace

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Tier 1 Champion
Nov 9, 2016
I am regretfully going to have to pull out of the series. I cant commit the time and dont want to race this game on console anymore. Sorry guys but @THR m0o0o7 can have my full time spot.

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Announcement:

@Hamster4racing will be the next reserve for our Tier

Please introduce yourself and pick a car.

Hamster4racing

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 23, 2015
Hi everyone!

It's a great privillage to be in the elite league season, looking forward to racing some guys I commentated on last season. I honestly never thought I'd get here, but anyway. I'm 15 from England and have done the last two seasons of AOR F1 (Split 4) on the XB1. I commentated on this last season and I have done on various things recently. I'll be using the Porsche this season. Looking forward to getting into it!

Chrismk360

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 13, 2016
Sorry guys but i won't be taking part in the rest of the season. Good luck to everyone

seppel165

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Season is done and dusted with @TRL Wolf crowned champion for the first time.

Thanks to all the guys who showed great committment troughout the season.

Please have a look for the TC league starting soon and see you all back on track!

Callum246

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Dec 9, 2015
I will be returning after personal issues resulting me into not taking part from last season. But that's all sorted and I wanna get back into racing