PC - GT3 S9 Evaluation Race 1 - 14.02.2018 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 S9 Evaluation Race 1 - 14.02.2018

SteveA

Formula Karter
Jan 16, 2018
Hi again!
I am new to this forum and i was wondering over whitch Discord chanel to use in this race tonight?
And what name and password does the race have in the lobby?

/Steve

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
I'm new too, so could well be wrong, but as far as I know the Voice channel will be one of the 'PCars Social Lobby' channels, and should just join whichever one has most people in it. I believe we get given the server and password details in there.

Not sure which time, but I guess at least 15mins before Qualifying starts. (Although I'm not sure if that's at 19:45 or 20:00).

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Hi again!
I am new to this forum and i was wondering over whitch Discord chanel to use in this race tonight?
And what name and password does the race have in the lobby?

/Steve
Pretty much what @Shooter80 said above. We will be using one of the two Pcars social lobbies on discord, there you get the in game lobby details and password (just ask for it or listen as it will be mentioned a few times). If you have any problems ask for help in the discord Pcars text chat, be sure to ask permission for the channels in the #permission_request.

Qualy starts at 8pm UK, so most people will be on discord at 7:45.

MRPedro180

Pro Karter
Jan 26, 2018
Hi,
Complete noob here, This will be my first time using discord and racing in a proper league. Will i need to let discord run in the background while qualifying and racing

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
i would like to join as reserve when there is space.
For some testing :cat:

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
Hi,
Complete noob here, This will be my first time using discord and racing in a proper league. Will i need to let discord run in the background while qualifying and racing
Yeah it is like Teamspeak , just run it in the backround.
Set a button to speak and you will be fine (dont need to see the program)

Reactions: MRPedro180

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hi all,
your lobbyhost tonight will be @Marvin !
good luck to you all tonight. Wish you a ton of fun! :)

Reactions: mtZ

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
Ran s8 myself, but would like to join the reserve list. I will be on Discord in case there's a spot free.

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016
Sorry for the late notice but I’m going to have to miss tonight as I’m snowed under with work. Have a good race guys!

Maverick158

Junior Karter
Feb 12, 2018
so never used discord and I'm signedup for the race how to I join the channel you guys will be using. I just installed it and my name is ryan_I

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
so never used discord and I'm signedup for the race how to I join the channel you guys will be using. I just installed it and my name is ryan_I
Join the AOR discord and ask permission for Pcars in #permission_request

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Was a fun race, I learned a lot, and had some good racing. Thanks to all involved at AOR for the work, and thanks to the participants for the racing. Looking forward to the next one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adalexis

LiboCZ

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
Q: Not sure why, but I cannot match the pace I had in practice, was doing 1:57s, once also 1:56 but today I was slower, only managed to 1:58:1, so p16th.

R: Except that crash in first lap, not blaming anyone, just watched the replay and @The Wizard of Nos breaked bit earlier before T6, I had to break too and unfortunately @Argon pushed me off the track, racing incident in my opinion. After that I had quite good race pace, although I did not overtake anyone in the race, I gained some positions due to mistakes of other guys.

At the end quite happy with the race, but as someone mentioned on discord, I also had problems with lower FPS and I already lowered graphics settings, trying to buy new PC but as you probably know no GPUs avaiable :(

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Was a fun race, I learned a lot, and had some good racing. Thanks to all involved at AOR for the work, and thanks to the participants for the racing. Looking forward to the next one.
Yeah. I touched you 1 or 2 times..please forgive me. Your car was a little lagging, and sometimes disappearing too. Anyway thanks all and thanks AOR. My car changed behavour almost 3 times during race. Was on hard compound. Who was with soft one?