PC - GT3 S9 Evaluation Race 1 - 14.02.2018 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 S9 Evaluation Race 1 - 14.02.2018

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
No problem at all, we were both on hards, and both struggling for grip, was clear to me it was not intentional. Sorry about any lag, everyone looked fine on my screen, but I'll double check everything with my connection for the next race (I'm about as sure as one could be its not my PC itself).

Sadly it seems we both made the same mistake, best I can tell (from the chat after the race) most people used softs, I'd be pretty confident everyone who finished ahead of you was on softs too (EDIT: incorrect, mtZ was on hard...impressive) . We were both on the wrong tyre for sure.

I had a similar thing, 3 distinct balances as the race went, it started with a good balance for ~10 laps, then had overall poor grip for ~10 laps, then oversteer for ~10 laps. The track lost 3c in temp over the race, and those 3c were very important to my tyres. I set my best lap time on like lap 3.

All fun though, no complaints, I'll learn (sometime).

Last edited:
Reactions: mtZ

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Good race guys! All looked good. I just think we shouldn't race with more than 26 people as it may cause some problems stability wise.

20180214212504_1.jpg

20180214212512_1.jpg

20180214212520_1.jpg

20180214223441_1.jpg
20180214223448_1.jpg

20180214223455_1.jpg

S4Howie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2017
i was with softs, but i felt like the audi missed some power. I could hardly follow someones draft. Tire wear was no problem.

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
Terrible race for me, I was on hard tyres and that was a huge mistake. It was like driving on ice. I spun at least 100 times and retired after 50 minutes due to latency issues.
Before the race started, I was disconnected 4 or 5 times from the lobby, had to restart PC which didn't help, then restarted Steam which finally helped ...

mtZ

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 12, 2018
1st race with AOR, pretty decent result for me. Q was a bit slower than I expected it but overall okay.
Race (especially the first corner) started without any accident as far as I'm aware of. Due to starting with the hard tyre compounds I couldn't get much grip in the first few laps. Felt down to 14th place and finished 4th with some awesome battles in between.
Thanks to AOR for hosting this one of a kind league and hopefully for even more great races in the upcoming season.

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
i was with softs, but i felt like the audi missed some power. I could hardly follow someones draft. Tire wear was no problem.
Did you have cooling? With the lobby settings (no damage, no mech failures) others could have been running with 0% radiators/cooling, which might explain the straight line difference.

jaycoool

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 6, 2018
What a first AOR race for me. Qualified 5th, never thought i'd get even close to Top 5. Few laps in the race, even moved up to 3rd and was able to open up a gap. Unfortunately, I spun @Turn 1 and had to let pass about 20 cars for safety reasons and in order to comply w league rules, before I could power-spin my car around and go on...

After spinning, and with the temperatures going down, there was just no way to keep up the 57/58-Pace. But Softs were definetly the only right choice. I just will have to set up better for the fuel load worth 30 Laps.

So - GG to all of you guys, see you on the track.

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
Q: Not sure why, but I cannot match the pace I had in practice, was doing 1:57s, once also 1:56 but today I was slower, only managed to 1:58:1, so p16th.

R: Except that crash in first lap, not blaming anyone, just watched the replay and @The Wizard of Nos breaked bit earlier before T6, I had to break too and unfortunately @Argon pushed me off the track, racing incident in my opinion. After that I had quite good race pace, although I did not overtake anyone in the race, I gained some positions due to mistakes of other guys.

At the end quite happy with the race, but as someone mentioned on discord, I also had problems with lower FPS and I already lowered graphics settings, trying to buy new PC but as you probably know no GPUs avaiable :(
I think you were in a red Ferrari correct? If that was you I hit the back of, I'm very sorry. Was checking mirrors at the time and when I looked up it was already too late.

• Friendly
Reactions: LiboCZ

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
At least, now we know that soft are usable and good now!! What was the wear on your soft tyres at the end of race? They last well?
Was an horrorific race for me, did the second best lap ( almost indentical to iceman best ) But running on hard...what a mistake! The track temp goin down.... trail braking became impossible, losing back so much times...

areqq

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 22, 2016
In this race I checked myself where I can be when take almost new car with stock setup and track known 4/10. The result wasn't good so this shows how strong pace to be expected in S9 :)

LiboCZ

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
I think you were in a red Ferrari correct? If that was you I hit the back of, I'm very sorry. Was checking mirrors at the time and when I looked up it was already too late.
Correct, but as I wrote in my original post, racing incident in my opinion, no worries :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Argon

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
At least, now we know that soft are usable and good now!! What was the wear on your soft tyres at the end of race? They last well?
Was an horrorific race for me, did the second best lap ( almost indentical to iceman best ) But running on hard...what a mistake! The track temp goin down.... trail braking became impossible, losing back so much times...
Soft or hards is all about temps and not wear, as a soft tyre in the right condisions vill last as long as the hards will

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Soft or hards is all about temps and not wear, as a soft tyre in the right condisions vill last as long as the hards will
Well.. in theory yes.. but before last patch you simply can't use soft tyres. Even on low temps were unusable, no grip and prone to wearing fast. Now soft are finally a good choice on low temp tracks. Anyway softer is more prone to wear obviously

Tudesertpac

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 3, 2018
I think I made a post in the wrong forum thread xd.
Well well, the race was fantastic! I enjoyed nearly every minute. Never seen 28 fair racers in one server. But for me it was a near disaster. First of all I got rammed in the first corner by what seemed to be a yellow BMW but it showed that it didnt't touch me so I guess that was just bad netcoding of the game. After I fought my way up to seventh and closing to sixth and seventh my game froze in the last 5 minutes :(.. Like i said though, I really enjoyed it and will definetaly go for another evaluation race. See you on the tarmac!

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
I think I made a post in the wrong forum thread xd.
Well well, the race was fantastic! I enjoyed nearly every minute. Never seen 28 fair racers in one server. But for me it was a near disaster. First of all I got rammed in the first corner by what seemed to be a yellow BMW but it showed that it didnt't touch me so I guess that was just bad netcoding of the game. After I fought my way up to seventh and closing to sixth and seventh my game froze in the last 5 minutes :(.. Like i said though, I really enjoyed it and will definetaly go for another evaluation race. See you on the tarmac!
Yea, that was crazy, on my screen you were braking on the outside, I was easy a car width and a half to the right on the inside, and with at least a cars length of clear track behind (probably more), and was already well on the brakes. You were close to another car and I was staying out of it (was kinda hoping you would take each other out). Then your car reared-up as if it had been rammed and speared off. You weren't warping/lagging at all on my screen (no-one was, except someone on the grid before the formation lap), and I hadn't changed line, but your car reacted exactly as if it had been hit.

Strange for sure, but unfortunately there was nothing I could have done to avoid it. Does suck though.

Tudesertpac

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Yea, that was crazy, on my screen you were braking on the outside, I was easy a car width and a half to the right on the inside, and with at least a cars length of clear track behind (probably more), and was already well on the brakes. You were close to another car and I was staying out of it (was kinda hoping you would take each other out). Then your car reared-up as if it had been rammed and speared off. You weren't warping/lagging at all on my screen (no-one was, except someone on the grid before the formation lap), and I hadn't changed line, but your car reacted exactly as if it had been hit.

Strange for sure, but unfortunately there was nothing I could have done to avoid it. Does suck though.
Def some weird stuff happened there. I got catapulted right into the wall. Cried and laughed at the same time haha.

Olemanhaggis

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 28, 2018
Thanks for the chance to race with you guys, I had a blast. Think on reflection i chose the wrong car... Might be me but i think the GTR lacked straight line speed. I'll try the evaluation race next Wed with another car to see how i fair.. Running out of fuel on the last lap was a silly rookie error but i thought 93 litres would have been enough .. was battling with Shooter for 10th at the time but ended up in 17th. Great fun and great racing.......

MRPedro180

Pro Karter
Jan 26, 2018
Really enjoyed the race, went for hard tyres on the Porsche and struggles for rear end grip and not enough heat in the front tyres. I got spun in turn 3 half way through the race but mostly my fault due to breaking a bit earlier than the lap before and getting a tap from the car behind. (apologies to whoever hit me, hope u didn't lose to much time). One thing i did struggle with was hearing the Discord chat over my engine noise. As soon as we started i couldn't hear anything any of you guys were saying. Can anyone advise on settings i may need to adjust in discord or PC2. First time last night using discord so its all a bit new..