PC - GT3 S9 Evaluation Race 1 - 14.02.2018 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 S9 Evaluation Race 1 - 14.02.2018

SteveA

Formula Karter
Jan 16, 2018
Yeah. I touched you 1 or 2 times..please forgive me. Your car was a little lagging, and sometimes disappearing too. Anyway thanks all and thanks AOR. My car changed behavour almost 3 times during race. Was on hard compound. Who was with soft one?
I drove on the soft compound. But had extreme trouble whith low framrate (lower than 40 fps sometime, never had that problem before).
Felt like there was less grip last night compered to my practice race (did 1.57s on racepace during practice for 34 laps).
Realy impressiv that you made the hard compound work!!
Not possible in the Porsche :)

SteveA

Formula Karter
Jan 16, 2018
Big thanx to AOR for setting up these leagues!!
This is my first time racing here and it was a great experience. It was extremly hard the first 10 laps due to lag (low fps) in fhe first sector.
But as the race went on i got more used to it and the times came down a bit but they were not great...
Really fun racing whith u guys! God Clean racing is what we all want :).

THANX!!

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Really enjoyed the race, went for hard tyres on the Porsche and struggles for rear end grip and not enough heat in the front tyres. I got spun in turn 3 half way through the race but mostly my fault due to breaking a bit earlier than the lap before and getting a tap from the car behind. (apologies to whoever hit me, hope u didn't lose to much time). One thing i did struggle with was hearing the Discord chat over my engine noise. As soon as we started i couldn't hear anything any of you guys were saying. Can anyone advise on settings i may need to adjust in discord or PC2. First time last night using discord so its all a bit new..
Was my first time with Discord too. Assuming you have things set up so your engine is loud, seems you have three choices, none of which is ideal:

1 - Set the Discord Output volume high enough to hear people over your engine - Which would likely make your ears bleed when people speak.
2 - Turn your game volume down by half, so your engine is quieter - Which sucks since then your engine/tyres/etc is quieter than usual.
3 - Set Discord 'Attenuation' so that it lowers your game volume by like 50% 'When others speak' - Which sucks if, like in qualy, people have open-mics as the volume goes all 'fluttery' 90% of the time, with the near constant broadcasting.

I started out with #3 for Q, but had the 'Attenuation' way too high (like 80%), which resulted in my game being about 20% volume, and me being able to hear peoples gearshifts and steering, louder than my own car. Not complaining at all, just warning about the possibility.

For the race, I went with #2, which wasn't ideal, but at least my ears didn't bleed and the sound level was consistent. Since the constant broadcasting was solved for the race I wish I'd stuck with #3 with 50% 'Attenuation' but with no way to change once started, I went for the safe choice.

@Tudesertpac it was lag than bcs @Shooter80 had lagspikes
That's strange, I'll look into that for sure. My frame rate was great (8700k), so must be network related. While you could see, was it consistent? Or did it come and go? Or was it just for a some of the time, and fine the rest?

Thanks. I'll come up with something.

Last edited:

tpmasta

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 11, 2018
thanks for the race, even if the race was a complete disaster for me. I had problems with the heat in the tires as most of you and on top of that, my setup was bad, had understeering in the corner entrance and oversteering at the exit. So have to work on that and on my consistency. I hope I have time to do another evaluation race, was still fun for me.

SteveA

Formula Karter
Jan 16, 2018
Was my first time with Discord too. Assuming you have things set up so your engine is loud, seems you have three choices, none of which is ideal:

1 - Set the Discord Output volume high enough to hear people over your engine - Which would likely make your ears bleed when people speak.
2 - Turn your game volume down by half, so your engine is quieter - Which sucks since then your engine/tyres/etc is quieter than usual.
3 - Set Discord 'Attenuation' so that it lowers your game volume by like 50% 'When others speak' - Which sucks if, like in qualy, people have open-mics as the volume goes all 'fluttery' 90% of the time, with the near constant broadcasting.

I started out with #3 for Q, but had the 'Attenuation' way too high (like 80%), which resulted in my game being about 20% volume, and me being able to hear peoples gearshifts and steering, louder than my own car. Not complaining at all, just warning about the possibility.

For the race, I went with #2, which wasn't ideal, but at least my ears didn't bleed and the sound level was consistent. Since the constant broadcasting was solved for the race I wish I'd stuck with #3 with 50% 'Attenuation' but with no way to change once started, I went for the safe choice.

That's strange, I'll look into that for sure. My frame rate was great (8700k), so must be network related. While you could see, was it consistent? Or did it come and go? Or was it just for a some of the time?

Thanks. I'll come up with something.
For me it might be that i set the grafics to high for a 30 cars race? Havent raced whith 30 cars before so i might have to tveak it down a bit :).
Loved the racing though!!

MRPedro180

Pro Karter
Jan 26, 2018

Thanks for the Advice @Shooter80

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
For me it might be that i set the grafics to high for a 30 cars race? Havent raced whith 30 cars before so i might have to tveak it down a bit :).
Loved the racing though!!
Maybe check your framerate on a night, rainy race with 30 cars, starting from the back. That's the worst FPS scenario to analyze

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
@SteveA i would lower the grafics a tiny bit anyway to be safe (i did the same for the league)

@Shooter80 you lags were spiking. It happend from time to time (wasnt around you the whole race so cant tell you if it stoped or not).
But it atleast was for the first 40 mins in the race.

Reactions: SteveA

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
@Shooter80 you lags were spiking. It happend from time to time (wasnt around you the whole race so cant tell you if it stoped or not).
But it atleast was for the first 40 mins in the race.
Ok, thanks, ordered some new networking gear to hopefully stabilise things, arrives tomorrow, and will test everything over the next week.

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
For that race I was (ac), will be wired from tomorrow. Never had any problems before in Assetto Corsa, I guess PCars2 works differently somehow. But I liked the excuse to buy something new anyway.

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Ran 30 laps with race conditions with the soft. Wow...completely different, consistent balance the whole time, temps no concerns, no wear that matters, no oversteer/traction problems, laptimes consistent.

Car felt better as time went, did my fastest lap on lap 31 (had some spare fuel).

Looking forward to Eval Race 4, assuming there is space.

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Ran 30 laps with race conditions with the soft. Wow...completely different, consistent balance the whole time, temps no concerns, no wear that matters, no oversteer/traction problems, laptimes consistent.

Car felt better as time went, did my fastest lap on lap 31 (had some spare fuel).

Looking forward to Eval Race 4, assuming there is space.
Me too, but have to change completely my setup..
Car was soo understeery, especially in corner entering. But yes, consistent and a lot safer.
Made 1.56.8 on 2nd lap, 1 time only, but good time.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
The new patch has arrived on ps4 and wanted to know if the soft last an are know a viable option from your evaluation race?

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
The new patch has arrived on ps4 and wanted to know if the soft last an are know a viable option from your evaluation race?
Depends on track temp. If it's like the first one (Around 30 c) then definitely.

Reactions: NICK-NITRO

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Without any doubt or reservation, I wish I run soft in Eval race 1, and I'll be sure to run soft in any other Eval races that I enter. There is no wear or degradation, and its faster for me in all stages of the race (from private testing).

That was in the M6 though.

• Informative
Reactions: NICK-NITRO