PC - GT3 S9 Evaluation Race 2 - 16.02.2018 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 S9 Evaluation Race 2 - 16.02.2018

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Already did Eval race 1, but I think I should be able to make this one, if there are free slots, just for fun/practise, and to test some networking changes.

I'll appear on Discord closer to the time to confirm if there is space.

Steam: Shooter80

Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hi Guys, Kayway whats the password? i would like to join in if you don't mind

you only have 2 of you in the room
Hi! The race is tonight :) Did you sign up to the league?

Nutella

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 11, 2018
I would like to join, in previous race it keeps kicking me out of the session. Steam: Yummy Nutella

ShaggyDan

Formula Karter
Feb 16, 2018
If its not too late I think i will join today aswell, if not ill join for sunday race

- ShaggyDan

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Missed the start. After decent qual just sat there like an idiiot looking at the ready counter thinking, "yes I am ready, lets go" and never pressed the button...

Perhaps I am not at my brightest after 4th day of flu...

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Was a really fun race, I'm glad I had the chance to do a second one (thanks). Soft's were indeed better than the Hard I ran in Eval1 in every way. Got swallowed up a bit at the start, and had some troubles making up places initially, but once I had some space I was able to run a good (for me) pace, and managed to be patient and not overdrive while trying to catch the cars ahead.

There was a few dodgy moments at the start with cars I was racing touching the brakes mid corner (in places people don't normally touch the brakes), some switching of lines under braking, a moment when I really wish the car ahead had looked in their mirrors, and a few close calls with lapped cars, but I'm confident once everyone is sorted into their respective Tiers and the pace differences are less then none of that will be a problem.

That's my second race with AOR, and honestly I have nothing I could suggest to improve anything (which is rare for me, as a professional problem-finder), its been better than I had hoped for/expected in many ways, and I'm really looking forward to the season starting.

GR to all the racers, and thanks again to AOR for arranging, and hosting. Racing is the fun part, a lot more fun than organising or watching, and I appreciate the time taken.

Cheers!

EDIT: I was the yellow BMW, I was running a new home-network setup for this race, everything seems good in testing, and everything seemed solid in the race from my point of view. If anyone noticed me warping around (as I had been told I was in the first race), please let me know.

Evidence

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 6, 2018
First of all i want to say thanks to AOR for hosting races like this in PC2. I'm used to fight vs random people who are constantly crashing in open lobbies so this race was a great experience for me and i'm really hyped about this new season.

And talking about my race... i couldn't practice a lot this week but i think it was good enough for me. I had an issue with my setup too and i lost my 5th gear. At the beggining of the race i was really slow (especially in 1st and 3rd sector because of that) but after a few minutes i was able to manage it for not losing a lot of time. I was focused on doing a clean race without spins, trying to be consistent in my pace and doing my best :)

Thanks to all, and i hope to see you on the track soon!

Reactions: Stephan

RacingBite [GER]

Pro Karter
Dec 16, 2017
So yesterday my game crashed 2 minutes before race-start and I wasn't able to re-join. Since I already particitated in the race on Wednesday this shouldn't be an issue(?). Just wanted to let you know...
See you on track ;)

Reactions: Evidence

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
So yesterday my game crashed 2 minutes before race-start and I wasn't able to re-join. Since I already particitated in the race on Wednesday this shouldn't be an issue(?). Just wanted to let you know...
See you on track ;)
no worries mate. See you on track!