PC - GT3 S9 Evaluation Race 3 - 18.02.2018 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 S9 Evaluation Race 3 - 18.02.2018

poppleton

Formula Karter
Apr 9, 2014
Pretty enjoyable race overall although forgetting to put soft tyres on made things bit harder, took me about 4 laps to get any kind of temp in the hards and then they just barely in the window for the rest of the race. Live and learn.

Fistopheles

Pro Karter
Feb 16, 2018
I had a good time, doing this helped me be a bit more comfortable with the idea of committing to a whole season, as now I kinda know what the racing'll be like and how everything will be handled, with penalties and all that jazz. So yeah, I'm really looking forward to this, I hope y'all are too.

Reactions: AEIDOLONE

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Now, this was a hell of a race. Was distracted, just like @AndrexUK by all the excellent, hard and fair battles.
Seen some truely amazing driving last night, and am looking forward to see you in Season 9.
Overall, we've seen a few situations that we didn't like, and we're talking to the drivers in a smaller circle, but overall I am happy with the outcome.

A notice to the backmarkers: When you get lapped, you certainly don't have to get off the track to let the fast guys blast past :)
Even getting out of the way can be dangerous at times.
When you see a fast car approaching in the mirror, stay calm :)
1. be predictable. If you make space, do it early and clearly, so the fast car knows where to go
pick your line early and stick to it​
2. don't try to make space mid-corner. both cars usually lose a lot of time there.
the safest place to pass is on a straight. lift to let the fast car by​
another option is on corner exit, accelerate a little less​
or coast and brake early into the next turn, giving the fast car the space to pass safely before turning in​

remember, the blue flag means: fast car approaching. It requires you to help the other car pass you safely - it doesn't mean roll over, get out of the way and possibly ruin your own race :)

I'll upload the results in the evening and share my stream here later.

Thanks also to @AndrexUK for driving the safety car. It added some thrill to the start!

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Excellent race! If there ever was a great race to show the difference between league racing and open lobbies, this was it!

Battled with ShaggyDan most of the race, was right on his shaggy tail and went side by side through the chigane couple of times. Looking forward for some more battles during the season!

Only minus was in qual. Cars that were not on their hot lap still slowed me down and did not pull over cleanly. If you make a mistake during qualy lap and are not about to improve your time, you need to check your mirrors and let others pass!
If you are on a hot lap and a faster car approaches, that is another matter as you have the right to finish your lap and the car behind does not have the "right of way" over your hot lap. Admins please correct if my interpretation of the rules is not correct.

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Only minus was in qual. Cars that were not on their hot lap still slowed me down and did not pull over cleanly. If you make a mistake during qualy lap and are not about to improve your time, you need to check your mirrors and let others pass!
If you are on a hot lap and a faster car approaches, that is another matter as you have the right to finish your lap and the car behind does not have the "right of way" over your hot lap. Admins please correct if my interpretation of the rules is not correct.
100% correct.
If you are on a fast lap, then you do not need to allow anyone to pass - continue your hot lap!
It is everyone's own responsibility to have enough clear track ahead of them, so as not to be slowed down by a car in front.

If you are not on a hot lap, be respectful of other drivers that may be on a hot lap behind you. (In the same manor as you would expect someone ahead to move out your way).

As for the race. As @Stephen said, there was a lot of great racing on the track last night (the 3 M6 train in the later stages was great to see! Some good awareness and respect for each other, giving each other space! Good job!). So many times I was thinking, "I want to be driving in there, not watching!" :)

Obviously, there was quite a spread of pace, as we had drivers from Elite > AM level. There were of course a couple of issues, however we believe we have looked at and spoken to those involved and are confident that those issues will not be repeated.

This is possibly the first experience of league level racing for quite a few drivers, and on the whole, it looked to be exactly what we are looking for.
We do not mind if you are the slowest or the fastest driver on the track, as long as you are safe, and have respect for others, and follow the AOR rules, then I have no doubt that you will find you have joined one of the best racing leagues around!

We hope you enjoyed your race!
And we look forward to seeing you all again in the league races!

(PS, The pace car was rather fun :) )

• Winner

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
as promised, here is my stream. give YouTube a bit of time to bump the quality up to the usual 1080p60fps