GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GT3 S9 PC Semi-Pro - Main Thread

Midweekcoma

Formula Karter
Feb 6, 2018
Yeah, my car felt very different during the race too. During the quali, the car felt almost the same.
I've heard it could be due to the rubbering in.
I did some laps in "free practice" and I then tried in custom race with AI => The car felt very different (understeery).
Agreed, one moment I had grip then others it was like ice.. it could rubbering in or marbles as people tend to have slightly different lines. The S's was a nightmare for me during the race but its something I'm aware of now hopefully I can work around it

WhiteGhost2000

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 31, 2018
That’s correct. Yesterday during practice elite did 34+, pro 35-, in our case I would expect mid 35s at QT but let’s see @fireflaai QT times. Race pace is +1.5-2sec. There is full practice race on Tuesday it will set expectations. For me, just to finish without damage and drama with smile and feeling up for next race.

• Optimistic
Reactions: fireflaai

PoL

Pro Karter
Feb 19, 2018
I joined @Masesox in a 11 lap custom lobby race last night - average race pace was 1.37s for top 10 drivers
My race pace is at 1.39 at best and I'm really worried about 35 laps here...

At this rate, in a 35 lap race, If I make no mistakes (lol) I will endup 70 seconds behind @fireflaai ...i mean... the race leader.

• Optimistic
Reactions: fireflaai

fireflaai

PC GT3 S9 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 11, 2018
I don't think I will be as fast as I was the previous race considering I practiced way too much (like 7 hours?) for COTA, and I'm not doing the same for all the other races. Don't expect me to win every race easily ;)

Masesox

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 19, 2016
I joined @Masesox in a 11 lap custom lobby race last night - average race pace was 1.37s for top 10 drivers
My race pace is at 1.39 at best and I'm really worried about 35 laps here...

At this rate, in a 35 lap race, If I make no mistakes (lol) I will endup 70 seconds behind @fireflaai ...i mean... the race leader.
That was fun but... can quali well but... cant keep the car from spinning out on long runs. Gonna do another online short race tonite if anyone wants to join?

chasegaminguk

Formula Karter
Dec 24, 2017
And to think I had delusions of possibly being able to crack the top ten, I can run 38s lap in lap out but cant crack that 37 barrier in race spec. After running an hour stint I also realised I was about 2laps light on fuel for the event!

Hetharion

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Tier 2 Champion
Oct 12, 2016
Could the password for the lobby be posted in Discord chat so people without mic can join when quali has started?

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
@fireflaai You're correct, but I just edited your post as I don't think we're supposed to have the password publicly visible.

fireflaai

Jan 11, 2018
@fireflaai You're correct, but I just edited your post as I don't think we're supposed to have the password publicly visible.
Ah yeah, I guess that makes sense :)

What about people streaming? When they join the lobby they also show the password. Anyone watching the stream could join and ruin everything just to troll. It would also be hard to notice someone who doesnt belong in the league because I assume you don't know all the names by heart.

When I stream that's not an issue because I have no viewers anyway :rofl:

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
Ah yeah, I guess that makes sense :)

What about people streaming? When they join the lobby they also show the password. Anyone watching the stream could join and ruin everything just to troll. It would also be hard to notice someone who doesnt belong in the league because I assume you don't know all the names by heart.

When I stream that's not an issue because I have no viewers anyway :rofl:
Ideally they wouldn't show the password, but unfortunately it is very difficult to avoid. If someone joined the lobby who wasn't supposed to be there I would notice. I thought it would be hard to remember all of your names, but after updating the results table I know all of your names already :p

Fistopheles

Pro Karter
Feb 16, 2018
I'm a bit hesitant writing this, bu I think some things regarding race craft need to be said. From what I've seen and heard there's been a lot of dive-bombing and moving in the braking zones, as in not holding your line into corners. If I did some of these things please call me out on it, if I know what I've done I can see to it that I'll do it better next time. I don't mean to step on anyone's feet, as you could say, but please do be a bit more careful when attacking or defending a position. Make yourself predictable to the other drivers so we can keep the amount of incidents down and the racing clean and competitive.

PoL

Pro Karter
Feb 19, 2018
I'm a bit hesitant writing this, bu I think some things regarding race craft need to be said. From what I've seen and heard there's been a lot of dive-bombing and moving in the braking zones, as in not holding your line into corners. If I did some of these things please call me out on it, if I know what I've done I can see to it that I'll do it better next time. I don't mean to step on anyone's feet, as you could say, but please do be a bit more careful when attacking or defending a position. Make yourself predictable to the other drivers so we can keep the amount of incidents down and the racing clean and competitive.
Yoh that's a really great thing to mention & well said. A suggestion I would put forward is:
- all members in this tier to add one another as friends (even the said 'divebombers')
- create custom lobbies for training purposes (not of one full hour - maybe just 5,10,15 laps or so) and we can get used to racing WITH one another. I guess we all race on weekends so maybe a Saturday night lobby?
- the faster drivers (all you who did 1.36s!) can give live/private tips over Discord in real time which is a great way to improve.

> This way, the faster guys can mentor the slower ones and help improve their consistency & predictability (so there would be no need to compensate with a divebomb for track position)
> This way, slower drivers will eventually get up to similiar speed of the consistent & faster drivers who really want to have someone pushing them

I hate to see guys leaving the league because of 'poor' racing. I'd much rather see someone slower improve over a 10 week period rather than leave and then never get faster.

If some guys in top 5 help the guys in the midpack without giving trade secrets away, technically everyone should have a much more competitive, cleaner & happier race.

That's my 2cents. I cannot make it happen alone and this post is likely to be ignored.

tpmasta

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 11, 2018
Yoh that's a really great thing to mention & well said. A suggestion I would put forward is:
- all members in this tier to add one another as friends (even the said 'divebombers')
- create custom lobbies for training purposes (not of one full hour - maybe just 5,10,15 laps or so) and we can get used to racing WITH one another. I guess we all race on weekends so maybe a Saturday night lobby?
- the faster drivers (all you who did 1.36s!) can give live/private tips over Discord in real time which is a great way to improve.

> This way, the faster guys can mentor the slower ones and help improve their consistency & predictability (so there would be no need to compensate with a divebomb for track position)
> This way, slower drivers will eventually get up to similiar speed of the consistent & faster drivers who really want to have someone pushing them

I hate to see guys leaving the league because of 'poor' racing. I'd much rather see someone slower improve over a 10 week period rather than leave and then never get faster.

If some guys in top 5 help the guys in the midpack without giving trade secrets away, technically everyone should have a much more competitive, cleaner & happier race.

That's my 2cents. I cannot make it happen alone and this post is likely to be ignored.
Just to make sure that this post isn't ignored, I'll reply:
I would like to do some practice races or practice itself with aor guys. Also yesterday, I was practicing a bit with @Cravgar in Austria. We just met in discord. So I would encourage everyone, who wants to practice with others to join the discord, when while driving. I also don't have a problem with sharing my setup, since I know it still can be improved. And my biggest weakness is still consistency, which I hopefully can improve during the season.

cheers

fireflaai

Jan 11, 2018
I'm happy to help the guys on the lower half of the scoreboard. Obviously I will be keeping some things for myself ;)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: PoL

ahojekk

Formula 3 1st Driver
Oct 18, 2015
Im deciding to leave the league, one of the reserve drivers can replace me.

Im really not enjoying this game anymore + those major bugs all the time kill all of the remaining "fun". Good luck everyone, Im moving towards Assetto.

• Friendly
  • Burn
Reactions: PoL and Corne

WhiteGhost2000

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 31, 2018

Doors open :)

PoL

Pro Karter
Feb 19, 2018
Doors open :)
Lets do some practice sessions for Silverstone this weekend?

At red bull ring i was doing 1.40 - 1.41 but simply couldn't break the consistant 1.39s like the top 3 could. If I plan on sticking close to the leaders I will have to find where I'm losing the 1 second per lap in race trim.

This 1 second difference puts me a full minute behind in most races so I think it is driving style and setup where I can improve:

Driving style:
-- Braking technique, brake markers
-- Throttle timing
-- Need tips on consistency (driving 1 hour without spinning)
Setup:
- Using a my current setup as a base for improvement i think i can improve in the following areas of setup:
-- ARB adjustments per track
-- Brake duct openings (i had 55/45 which was zero for quali and radiotor at 75% for race thoguh to not blow the engine)
-- Gear ratios (i dont know whats happening there but i keep blowing engines so i leave it default)
-- Downforce Wings were set to 2-4

I've checked out suspension calculators and damper stuff from Jussi on the PC2 forum but its hell a complicated so maybe lets chat on discord.

Also, here are some pretty good guides for race craft that I use as my 'race bible' maybe others can also benefit from this.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53371-How-to-Develop-Your-Racing-Skills

I'm available about 10pm UK time / 12pm SA time on weekends