GT3 Season 13 Feedback Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GT3 Season 13 Feedback Thread

VSR Thomasethan

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
Hello everyone, since a feedback thread wasn't up I decided to set one up myself, to gather everyone's thoughts and opinions on the 13th season of GT3 and what can be changed heading into season 14.
I'm going to categorise the areas i feel need improving based on my experiences and this is my opinion feel free to agree or disagree but keep it respectful obviously

Car Changes:
In Tier 1 PS4, drivers who were high up in the championship like in some cases 3rd position had decided to change car obviously it's their choose but I feel this spoils the championship as this essentially removes a driver from the top 3 battle which in PS4 Tier 1 was very close. I think to solve this, there needs to be a cap, there shouldn't be any car changes after round 5 in the season, 5 rounds is enough to determine whether you suit the car and other details but then again there is plenty of time between seasons to test the GT3 cars and it's not like their performance is altered/changed anymore since SMS is fully focused on the upcoming Project Cars Revolution.

Mass Disconnections deciding the results:
So a mass DC happened for all PS4 tiers during the 9th round of the season, in my case i was effectively leading since i was only 15 seconds behind and the driver ahead was still yet to make a pitstop and at Bathurst driving through the pitlane and stopping in the box exceeded 16 seconds. I disconnected and the race result is decided by the time of the first disconnection basically taking away a win from me, i feel there isn't enough taken into consideration, like pitstops from drivers etc which would have an effect in the results, more needs to be taken into consideration before concluding the results because drivers who rightfully deserve the win aren't actually getting it because of lack of consideration for other factors that would ultimately effect the race results, this isn't the first time this has happened to me as this also happened in AOR Endurance S4 at Le Mans.

Track Conditions and Testing:
Most tracks were fine when it came to conditions, but Indianapolis and Brno were my biggest concerns and i'm sure i'm not the only one, I still feel these conditions are just randomly picked out of a hat and aren't even tested to see if it's even balanced for the all the cars cause some are gonna be more capable than others Brno for example the second stint about after lap 15 the mercedes is just left behind the MR drivetrain cars. My suggestion is since S13 has been in Spring/Summer of 2019, the dates and weather should be replicated so basically yesterdays GT3 race at Brno is held on 7th of August 2019 and ingame date is the exact same and the weather should be reminiscent of the weather at said location so Czech Republic for example. So for S14 it's likely that'll span over Autmun/Winter so the ingame dates replicate what is happening in IRL.

Special Event Races. What can change?
Okay, these 90min special races still get treated like a sprint race, people still send it on Lap 1 get damage, pit then retire and reducing the racing quality. It's quite clear there isn't enough reward it seems for drivers to finish the race if they are damaged, or feel the race is too short and won't have enough time to get back into contention. My solution is increase the race length from anywhere between 1hr 45mins to 2hrs 25mins maybe more so if drivers do have a crash early on at least there is opportunities to at least carry on and finish instead of retiring and introduce double points for these events, that way there is reward for sticking it out and finishing the race, keeps more racers on track and there is the satisfaction of accumulating a good amount of points, as well as this, it will make drivers change driving styles and introduce new strategy and learning curves as the races are longer. I think there should only be certain tracks that have prestige/history to be special events, such as, SPA, N24, Daytona, Dubai, Silverstone, Le Mans, Road America and Watkins Glen and perhaps a few more.

Driver of the race polls:
We had them in S11 and 12 in Tier 1 PS4... where did they go! It was a great way of recognising someones efforts and achievements. They should be mandatory in every tier on every platform, whether points should be rewarded is up to coordinators.

Thats all i've got for this season, once again thank you to everyone who puts their time and effort into making these events your efforts don't go unnoticed. Bring on S14

Mildenman27

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Aug 6, 2018
Pros

Racing format all good happy with it
Tracks great choices

Cons

Teams
Please please let teammates drive different cars as long as they are a similar livery

Car changes
I’m with Ethan sucks that people change cars and ruin there own chances. What about if you change car you have to start last in the next race or perform a drive through? This needs fixing I feel

Attendance
Should never have 10-12 racing understand that people have holidays but surely we can find a way to ensure full grids constantly

• Agree
Reactions: FOGGY #7

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Ill post a proper bit of feedback about everything but one thing I feel strongly about is poor driver standards. No names mentioned but one driver in my tier broke just about every rule in the aor rulebook. From doing the start procedure wrong, hitting cars, resetting to track and quitting sessions when things weren't going to plan. Imo they should have been removed from the league.

I also hope if the individual was to join season 14 that he's made to do several evaluation races to make sure he's now obeying rules and his standard of driving has improved. By standard of driving I don't mean raw speed. I mean knowing when a corner is lost, having a bit of spatial awareness when side by side on a straight and not wiping out others braking ridiculously late.

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Good calendar, weather and track conditions were a big improvement over previous seasons.

About the long 90 min races with the reverse grids. In previous 2 seasons two of these tracks were Bathurst and Nordschleife. I feel that these tracks are hard to pass on, and are hard to run for 90mins without incident, (which is fine i like the challenge) but it's worth considering if a more 'normal' track with run off area and better overtaking opportunities would be a better selection to allow for the reverse grid and be more forgiving over the longer distance. Le mans was great though and SPA :)

An option would be to keep 2 reverse grid races at the normal length (one hour) and add one "Endurance" race with qualy or something similar.

I understand the frustration on the MASS DC.

A point on attendance - this season we had the ability to drop our worst result, which is fine. I feel though that this may have contributed to people missing races, but also perhaps as it was summer and people were away but i felt that there were always people missing races this season (i missed 1 in fairness). An 11 race calendar would also be good with me if we retain the omission of worst result. think that's it. CHeers,\

I must say also, our tier 2 on PS4 was really well run by the ods, respect was always there with every driver and the racing was fantastic, Great tier to be in .

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Calendar
Good selection of races and weather conditions in my opinion. When it comes to wet races my only gripe is perhaps the lack of testing when it comes to puddles. Yes it's a part of wet racing but on pc2 they can make the track unraceable at times. The temperature gave me no issues during the season but that may be car related. As for the reverse grid races. I do enjoy these races however like another person said normal tracks can work just as well as the long tracks.

Participation
Started with less than a full tier but by the end we had a full grid. There were some missing races, one in particular who turned up when he felt like which to me should be grounds for removal. I had one disconnect as the game hates me but the lose one result didn't really affect the final standings as almost everyone missed one race from choice or by disconnect.

Car Selection
One car was picked by almost all my tier (me included). Only way around this would be to remove it from selection again but next season I may deliberately something different (acura, nissan, Aston) just to add some variety even if it costs me the title. Another possible solution would be to prevent you choosing the same car in the following season ie you pick audi this season so you can't choose audi next season. Its only a small issue though.

Next Season ideas
Largely I like the format of the season. I like the reverse grid races. One thing I'd really crackdown on are the poor racers harder. If someone is constantly breaking aor rules on conduct and driving standards they should be removed and made to do practice races until they have proven they have learned and improved. It got to a point this season where several of us were predicting someone causing crashes and most cases being correct. Not only this the driver in question would never admit responsibility for the crashes and rule breaks always having some excuse. I really hope next season he's monitored in practice races and is made to do more than one.

Another small idea I had which is a long shot. We all know the servers of pc2 are a nightmare at times. Perhaps look at a rule if you complete a set percentage of the race before you get disconnected. You get half points of the place you got disconnected from. Such as if I was 5th and got disconnected after racing over 50% of the race. I get half points for 5th. It may limit the damage of unfortunate disconnects especially later in races.

Ill probably have other ideas but these are a few lol

Reactions: BDG_Geo and Fot79

VoodooChild

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Calendar
Good selection of races and weather conditions in my opinion. When it comes to wet races my only gripe is perhaps the lack of testing when it comes to puddles. Yes it's a part of wet racing but on pc2 they can make the track unraceable at times. The temperature gave me no issues during the season but that may be car related. As for the reverse grid races. I do enjoy these races however like another person said normal tracks can work just as well as the long tracks.

where did you find puddles?

I personally tested all the candidates to wet races beforehand in the worst possible conditions, just to be sure we wouldn't have any unpassable puddle

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
where did you find puddles?

I personally tested all the candidates to wet races beforehand in the worst possible conditions, just to be sure we wouldn't have any unpassable puddle

Off the top of my head I had a lot of issues on leman. Braking for first chicane on the straight was puddles r us. Think I tried a new line every lap and kept getting caught out. Keeping it pointed the right way on the straight was an issue for me hitting puddles.

Other tracks were mostly okay. Fuji had one big puddle before the last corner that I avoided but watched others get caught out by it.

TheRealestPepito

Formula Karter
Jun 21, 2019
I only joined halfway through so limited feedback from me. Overall really enjoyed this season. First off maybe lets reduce some of the dawn races or have them on tracks where you dont go completely blind once every lap :p Indy and bathurst got kinda rough with regards to this at times. Not a big deal though, just a small comment.

Now with regards to cars id be for banning certain models to mix it up a bit and penalise people who dont use the Merc or Lambo a bit less but i understand that would be unfair to people who have taken a lot of time to prepare those cars and train with them and that removing 2 cars doesnt solve the issue entirely(cut one head off, 2 more shall take its place, hail hydra) but at least it would mix things up a bit. Ive been considering taking a different car but im just not fast enough to be quick in a slow car lol.

All in all i enjoyed this season, good tracks and weather, great racing (at least in T2). Im hoping we get some more people to join or find a way to get full servers in S14 :)

Mildenman27

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Aug 6, 2018
Another idea I’ve remembered is more points awarded for endurance races.

I think it’s fair to the guys that make it and finish these events to earn extra points

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 16, 2019
Maybe if we ban amg and lambo, some other cars might stand out. But at least it will be different than merc vs lambo.

Probably Audi vs M6/Z4 (or ferrari)

Got to say a 3rd season of lambo vs amg will be boring

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Banning cars will never work. My tier was 90% ferrari last season. You ban lambo and merc and I'll get 100% ferrari for next season.

Doesn't matter what you ban it'll be replaced by the next best car. Only way your going to get a big mix of cars is by forcing people to use a specific car like a random lottery done by cods and that will only really reduce the numbers racing when people don't get a car that they wanted. Even if they sign up as soon as they don't get a lambo /merc /ferrari they'll just quit the season leaving tiers half full.

• Agree
Reactions: FOGGY #7

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 16, 2019
Maybe we can do some testing and do a selection of cars that are about the same lvl. The thing is now, AMG and Lambo are way above every other cars, then comes a close midpack (M6, NSX, McLaren, Z4, Porsche, Bentley...) and then total shitboxes without heavy tweak and super driver skills (Aston, SLS...)

VSR Thomasethan

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
PS4 Tier 1 had plenty of variety, did have some audi's but got replaced by the NSX, had a porsche but replaced by an audi, some lambos, some mercs, Z4s and a bentley in Tier 1

TheRealestPepito

Formula Karter
Jun 21, 2019
PC will be close to 100% Lambo-Merc next season guaranteed. Like Chloe said theyre just way above the rest. Ive been testing a few cars but if we dont ban cars im going Lambo again next season. No point adding ankle weights when youre already struggling and that will be the rationale for most other people.

Maybe we can do some testing and do a selection of cars that are about the same lvl. The thing is now, AMG and Lambo are way above every other cars, then comes a close midpack (M6, NSX, McLaren, Z4, Porsche, Bentley...) and then total shitboxes without heavy tweak and super driver skills (Aston, SLS...)
Yep, if we can get a set of approved cars in more or less the same window would be nice.

BMW /// M-Power

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
totally agree on that. I know the fact that probabvly many people will then jump to the next fastest car, but still, its not an amg and a lambo again. And next positive thing on that is, the gap to the slower cars gets smaller, so more people will actually try and have a challenge with these cars. If you choose now a slowe car and you know you are more than 1 sec behind the leader (lambo/amg), no matter how good you are, how would you enjoy the competition?

Shnoo80

Pro Karter
Aug 8, 2019
How about new rule, that for every race you have to use different car? No random assignements - it is player's decision which cars to use on which tracks.

• What?
Reactions: VSR Thomasethan

Fred Ogega

GP2 2nd Driver
Apr 27, 2016
for the most part i enjoyed the season.
i would like to see tougher action taken against those who go against league rules especially when it comes to driving standards, participation, and quitting mid-race. showing up when you feel like should be an absolute no no.
to help with rule enforcement i suggest having tier coordinators given a bit more 'power' in decision making and judgement. i do not know how many people sit on the stewards panel, but for sure they get swamped with complaints and what not. some of the issues could be possibly solved within the tier before escalation to the stewards.

on car selection, i would rather have a full lobby with 1 or 2 car brands that gives close competitive racing than one with under 10 people coz the rest were not happy with the car choice that was 'forced' on them.

Shnoo80

Pro Karter
Aug 8, 2019
Hey guys, basing on your experience, when there will be announcement about S14? When can it start?
We probably gonna have pre-season qualify races, right? Is it gonna be in nearest 2 weeks? I plan to go for a tip (1 week in 1st half of October) and hope not to miss it

neonostra

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 24, 2017
@Shnoo80