PS4 - GT3 Semi-Pro - Season 8 - Round 1 - Imola GP - 08/11/17 - 8pm UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro - Season 8 - Round 1 - Imola GP - 08/11/17 - 8pm UK-time

VTC-16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2016
Hopefully the worst race report I'll post this season.
I have never had an issue with my internet, ever. Got disconnected several times, managed to connect with internet sharing on my mobile phone so I made it for the race just in time.
Started at 14th stressed the F out of my life, managed to come up to 6th place. Still stressed tho and did a bunch of misstakes, lost some positions due to mistakes and tried to get back but did even more mistakes, eventually ended up in the wall and refused to pit. (Idiot)
Result, blown engine two laps later. F...ing moron. So sorry for the inconvenience guys, hope you had a better night than me. Congrats to everyone who eventually ended up on podium.

Just to point out, I have played from my mobilephone several times, doing it at work all the time so I knew it would work, maybe next time I'll do it from the start.

Five more races to go.
That's crazy, I never new you could connect your ps4 to your mobile internet. I though the Nat type had to be type 1 or type 2. 1 being directly connected to modem. 2 being connected to wireless router then to modem.
I guess I'll have to give it a try

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q: 10
R: 6

For quali I used my race setup with full tank of gas. I just don't trust it to switch setup between quali and race :nailbiting:.

Within a few laps I got to place 5. Until someone hit me from behind (I spun) in a corner where I really think you can't overtake there ;). That put me back to 13th place. But still had some cars in sight so not all was lost. Eventually could catch some cars and not really made some takeovers but more that other players made some mistakes and I got back to place 6.
Had some nice battles in the race with @Jorge, @Rawny86 and @Seca (y)

@Tfix and @Fabio_dubai appreciate how you guys moved when i over toke you. That looked really nice. See it in the video on minute 50.

Congratulations for the podium guys (y)

And for the players who quit...please stay in the lobby if you can. Its creating a lag spike when you quit and when you drive into a corner its getting really tricky.

Seca

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 15, 2016
Q-13
R-7

That was a lot of fun. Accidentally turned pit limiter in pits and got DQ'd in qualifying. Nabbed a couple spots off the start with a spin before T1. After a few laps I was battling with @Play4Stefano for 4th place. That went on for a bit until I messed up and spun. I caught back up but another mistake allowed him to pull away. @ofrisk almost got me until I finally set back into a rhythm. While catching back up to Stefano we caught some lap traffic. He got around smoothly but as I closed in, they got tangled up and slid off track then back on. I couldnt avoid them and smashed right into the side of someone. The last 10 laps was tough fighting the car with the damage. I lost 2 spots in the final 2 laps down to 7th. A great last lap battle with @Michel--NL that had us side by side in the chicane on top of the hill, side by side at last turn and ended with a drag race to the finish. He got me by a nose! I look forward to next week!!!

Play4Stefano

F1 Reserve Driver
Jun 15, 2016
Great race guys really enjoyed it! Had great battles and chasing.
Good QUALY P4,
7 drivers in 1 second, my best lap 1.47.388 was very close to private practise.

RACE P4, I think I could fight for the podium but I did too many mistakes.
I lost places in the first lap because of the accident at the chicane, few laps later I got damage and lost top speed.

Who disconnected? As Michel said stay in the lobby and please don't message during the race, it's very distracting.

Here is my race streamed on twitch

Reactions: ofrisk

ofrisk

Formula Karter
Dec 1, 2016
And for the players who quit...please stay in the lobby if you can. Its creating a lag spike when you quit and when you drive into a corner its getting really tricky.
I am one of them, sorry about that, did not think about that I would disconnect when I went out for a smoke with my phone. :banghead:
[DOUBLEPOST=1510210976][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's crazy, I never new you could connect your ps4 to your mobile internet. I though the Nat type had to be type 1 or type 2. 1 being directly connected to modem. 2 being connected to wireless router then to modem.
I guess I'll have to give it a try
I'm not sure about the NAT types but the phone creates a wifi that I connect to. Next week I will be using ethernet tho.
[DOUBLEPOST=1510211151][/DOUBLEPOST]

Last edited:

ofrisk

Formula Karter
Dec 1, 2016
Q-13
R-7

That was a lot of fun. Accidentally turned pit limiter in pits and got DQ'd in qualifying. Nabbed a couple spots off the start with a spin before T1. After a few laps I was battling with @Play4Stefano for 4th place. That went on for a bit until I messed up and spun. I caught back up but another mistake allowed him to pull away. @ofrisk almost got me until I finally set back into a rhythm. While catching back up to Stefano we caught some lap traffic. He got around smoothly but as I closed in, they got tangled up and slid off track then back on. I couldnt avoid them and smashed right into the side of someone. The last 10 laps was tough fighting the car with the damage. I lost 2 spots in the final 2 laps down to 7th. A great last lap battle with @Michel--NL that had us side by side in the chicane on top of the hill, side by side at last turn and ended with a drag race to the finish. He got me by a nose! I look forward to next week!!!
That was right before all my mistakes I think, If I had managed to keep my cool we might have had some fun fights.
Hopefully next race. :angelic:

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
Game would not let me save replay. Saying something about exceding 1GB. Ummmm strange.

Nene

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
Nov 1, 2017
Got pole on my last lap after crossing the line with 0:03 to spare.

Had a quiet race until I was worried about fuel so had to bring my number down to 2.6 approximately and crossed the line with 0.1 remaining. Other than that, perfect race. Wish I could have gone for the grand chelem.
Good job @RacingAtHome, 0.1L remaining: wow ! Too many mistakes for me to catch you. Whatever, 2nd place, I do a shoey:woot::

Good race everyone, very fun !

Fabio_dubai

GP2 2nd Driver
Aug 14, 2017
my first online championship race and it was good so far, till i pit and i forgot to change strategy and my radiator was close and I blow the engine... I did a good start and P5 by avoiding the accident at first chicane then i had a good battle with @Play4Stefano and @ofrisk. sorry for my teammate @FSR_FrankForest for not bring any point at home.. i look forward to next week!

neonostra

F1 Test Driver
Oct 24, 2017
My first race began good, from 12 to 6th position in e few laps. unfortunately i make some mistakes in my
enthusiasm and spinned in the corners....tryed to come back and just when i am getting closer I blow up my engine. Wrong settings, and a lesson learned. Never the less.....I had a lot of fun racing and looking forward to spa!

Rawny86

Pro Karter
Mar 16, 2017
Q2
R5
The quali felt great, the pace and speed was there.
Got pole at first, until @RacingAtHome got me in the last second.

The race on the other hand did not start as I wanted.
In the first left corner I got pushed out in to the gravel and was at that point second last.
That incident was in my opinion a raceincident due to heavy traffic.

Unfortunetly i got damage on front and back on my car.
So the pace was not there anymore.

Did climb couple of positions though, and had really great fights every now and then.

One thing I did notice was that when I was going to lap couple of backmarkers they didnt let me through.
It’s one thing if you’re racing against a opponent though, but when you’re practically alone on the track you got several options on how to let someone by. :)

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
my first online championship race and it was good so far, till i pit and i forgot to change strategy and my radiator was close and I blow the engine... I did a good start and P5 by avoiding the accident at first chicane then i had a good battle with @Play4Stefano and @ofrisk. sorry for my teammate @FSR_FrankForest for not bring any point at home.. i look forward to next week!
No problem Fabio.

Reactions: Fabio_dubai