PC - GT3 Tier 1 - LeMans revenge hit | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC GT3 Tier 1 - LeMans revenge hit

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Col.McCoy

F1 Champion
May 26, 2016
Platform + League: PC GT3
League Coordinator: @Chloé
Date: 26
Members Involved: @Ravelic
Description:
After Ravelic got hit in a previous corner he fell behind me. Approaching Indianapolis 3 cars were battling/touching and 1 spinned, causing a lot of smoke blocking my view. I slowed down for this situation as it was a clear yellow flag situation for me. Ravelic took this opportunity to overtake me where I totally did not expect, we rubbed sides of the cars and consequently and unfortunately for him, his rear wing got taken off. For me it was a dangerous move and with informing him that he lost his rear wing (as I know from experience you may not notice immediately) I also voiced my take on this move.
After Arnage it was clear Ravelic did not have the same speed/grip and i was going for an easy overtake on his right, where he suddenly steered into me crashing us both out. Subsequently leaving the race
Evidence: My Onboard video

Replay video

Ravelic

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 21, 2019
I have leave the game before the end, so I don't have the replay ... (i had other things to do that waiting 1h20 to save the replay sorry for this...) But anyways this POV are enough to argue ...
1 Thing : On @Joxny, at Les Hunaudières, It's a race situation (and I hope that i didn't create any damage on his car bcz it was 0% his fault and not mine too) I just take the inside and brake on the curb... it destabilizing the car like 50cm on the left ... I touched him because he was not ready to this kind of move andI m sorry if it ruin his race (but i m 90% sure that not.)

2 Thing : we CLEARLY see that ... on the braking zone in Indianapolis... I was cleary inside, and not even "too fast" because i take the apex without any problem, AND in the straight line, he just turns on me for no reason .... that which destroy my rear wing (for strange reason !?) and i quote him "You break your rear wing just because of you" ... I was behind you ... i overtake you ... my rear wing is destroy ... how can it be my fault ?

3 Thing : Just after Arnage, I had a little oversteer from the rear (like 3cm) and i keep my wheel straight, i never had the targuet to crash him. He had place on his right (we can see that on the replay) and just a little tenthes (1.13 on the second video) before the contact we can see that I try to turn on the left to not touch him ... but with no rear wing ... it was difficult..

I didn't want to touch him and in all the cases he was in the inside for the next turn .. so i had no chance..

This is my version of the situation ... some other guys ruin my race too but i have no proof so ... it's nothing.

PS : Sorry to give some work to the race director for a DNF :/

• Informative
Reactions: Col.McCoy

Col.McCoy

F1 Champion
May 26, 2016
2: I'm avoiding a dangerous situation in front of me reducing speed earlier than normal. Especially on the last part where I move to the left is that I do NOT see the car and whether it's spinning back (while it hit the armcoat) on track. I'm prepared to avoid. That you put your car on the inside, maybe you were dead-on the braking point and not too fast, but still for the situation ahead of us it was just not appropiate and dangerous. Anyway, your responsibility... you can not expect me to avoid a car infront of me spinning without seeing him and expecting a dive on the inside and avoid a lung from the back as well. The contact therefor was unfortunate, but very logicall and definetely not something I could have avoided. Consequently it seems our cars are sticking a bit to each other and with your excessive speed your car sticks in front of me dropping the rear wing.
For me upon till here, it's a costly mistake putting yourself there, thus me informing you in the way I did.

3: I'd love to give you the benefit of the doubt. I just don't see an oversteer moment that requires you straightening your car into mine. And if it was oversteer, you ruined both our races (2x) because you were going to fast. But that all set aside. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, for me requires an intentive or feeling that there was no purpose. You not saying anything on discord, quitting after the fact for me contradicts this.
And than after a few hours or rethinking coming up with your answer is only logical for me (even if it's the truth)

If you need any proof of replay, just ask and you'll get it from those wizzkidds who know where it is and you can proof your case.
Also using an OBS or any other program that records your screen is helpfull in these cases.

Ravelic

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 21, 2019
Ok so... first I want to thank you to be gentle like this... and not creating a debat on discord... and proposed to me to record some things but it(s my fault if i don't have proof not yours so i ll not ask anything to you ! (But at lap 2 or 3 i was 2nd just behind Scott and the 3rd 'that i ll not mention because it's not the debat here...' just brake when he was in my ass ... I was safe to not touch Scott... but apparently ... the 3rd didn't want to be as gentle as me)

Concerning Discord... after our contact I talked to you to say to you that you had place on your right... but maybe discord didn't work or my mic was off idk ! And, I didn't know that the fact i took time to answer was a proof of my guilty ... if it is ... I note it for the futur.
As I wrote before... I had other things to do and @Chloé send me the post at 23:51 when I was with friends...

2 : For me we see that you go straight in the smoke and when we see me overtaking you in the mirror ... you turn on the left... If you had turn at the first moment to not be in the smoke ... of course i should did nothing ... because you should be on the inside... but you wait in the smoke like 2s and just when i overtake ... you turn on me ... But as you said ... I give you the benefit of the doubt.

3 : Yes it was a little bit hot but ... I was ready to let just the place of your car ... and we can see that i didn't turn on the right after you start your overtaking move i just try to let the minimal place to you ... But you known that I should be slower than you (bcz no rear wing) and i don't understand why you are not taking the rest of the place because as I said ... You was in the inside for the next turn... and much faster ... So i don't know.

Once again, thank you for your advices concerning the records, I already have OBS for this, and thank you again for you kindness.

Col.McCoy

F1 Champion
May 26, 2016
Thanks mate.
For me there is enough doubt that this was not a revenge hit, so I give you the benefit here as well.
However as I said, you not 'getting through' to me and subsequently leaving after our hit, normally indicates all the signs of a purposely take-out. Especially as you say, you have better things to do than wait 1h20... than it raises the question why you didnt leave after you lost your wing but first after our big crash. So yeah a lot of signs that point in one direction, but the way you talk here are in the forum indicate otherwise.

I would like to state to the coordinator stewards that I 'ammend' my accusation and take away the part of revenge hit.
However, I still would like your view on the 2 incidents. Especially because we dont use any flag systems (case 1) and how to safely drive home a damage vehicle (case 2)

As for case 2: For me I left you enough space to go through the corner, I sticked right of the white line clearly.... no need for me to put my right wheels next to the grass (especially as I drive cockpit cam and dont have the same 'precise' view as with bumper cam).

Thats all I have to say. Thanks for your kindness as well and my appologies for my initial reaction when I got taken out. I hope you understand why I thought it was a revenge hit if you put yourself in my car/position and that this causes a little bit of anger ;-)

Reactions: Ravelic

Ravelic

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 21, 2019
Of course I accept your apologies ! It's the race and I m happy that you see it was not a revenge at all !
(to be honnest i didn't leave bcz of the crash but bcz I was 1st at the end of lap 1 and i was pushed twice before our incidents ... and after this i was too upset to continu and it could be not good for the rest of the race, so I leave. After this I was not ready to wait till the end, I had other things to do.)

For our last colision, from my POV, when you are on my car (on chase cam) there is more place on the right than on the left (my right wheels are like 10cm after the mid line) But I understand the fact that, you don't have the best view of distances in 'Onboard cam'.

That all i have to say to ! once again thank you, also because you post the Onboard AND the Chase cam (on me). it will give more visibility to the stewards. While you might not do it, since I left without taking the replay. so THANK YOU !

Reactions: Col.McCoy

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have decided to take no further action. We don't feel like @Ravelic was overly aggressive and depending on his graphics settings it might have been less clear to him that there was a dangerous situation in front of @Col.McCoy. The second contact we feel is a bit unlucky with @Ravelic driving without rear wing and a very small contact as result.

@Chloé

Status
Not open for further replies.