United Kingdom
twitch.tv
Platform + League: GT3 League Tier 1
League Coordinator: @StephenCarry
Date:
23/09/2020
Members Involved: @ATOMiK029, @Natnat, @Ben Gason
Description:

I approach Copse corner and can see a lot of smoke in front, so I know that someone has had an incident. As I get around the corner, I see @Natnat lying in the middle of the track. However, as I get closer, he starts to move rather than remaining stationary. I was already planning on going left, but when he started to move, I was a little concerned - thankfully nothing happened though.

As shown in the below evidence, @Natnat immediately got straight back on the power after his car stopped, which almost takes out @Ben Gason and could have quite easily lead to contact between myself and @Natnat.

I actually called this out at the time on Discord, as the best thing to do in these situations is to remain absolutely still. A moving target is harder to avoid than a non-moving one.

Evidence:

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
United Kingdom
twitch.tv
@Natnat please discuss this enquiry here in this thread. I do not appreciate you arguing with me in a private message on Discord. You're a pad player with very little hours on the game compared to my almost £1,000 Fanatec wheel and over 1,200 hours on the game, yet you feel the need to tell me how to drive and how to act.

Please just leave this to the stewards and be civilised about it.

• Indifferent
Reactions: Mewkaqt

Natnat

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 22, 2020
UK
This dude has the cheek to take this minor incident to the Stewards after I let him off after ramming me at Daytona and his spin causing a pile up here at Silverstone on T1.

In regards to this incident I was stationary right over the racing line so I wanted to get out of the way as quickly as possible. I was not re-joining the track. I proceeded to drive off and away knowing that Ben would be ok and that other rear cars could get back on line as Atomik did so. No harm no foul done.

And @ATOMiK029 you and your £1k wheel and 1.2k hours tend to be in my rear view mirrors...

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
United Kingdom
twitch.tv
Wow, what a response!
You really need to stop acting like a spoilt brat and show some respect around here.

My first lap spin was unfortunate, yes, but there's not much that could have been done about it - I was out of control of the car, so how can I be blamed for that?

Anyhow, I'm not discussing this any further. Let the stewards do their job.

AndrexUK

4 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Keep this civil please! No need to get personal with one another!
Stick to discussing the incident raised.
Anything outside of this incident should be raised as a separate inquiry!

• Agree
Reactions: ATOMiK029

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
AOR
www.fia.com
The stewards have decided to take no further action on the incident.

No contact was made here so no one can be penalised. The stewards would however like to advice @Natnat to be more mindful in the future about rejoining. It might be intuitive to try and get out of the way when you are in the middle of the track, but if someone is trying to avoid your car and going the same way as your car is, contact will happen. It's always easier to avoid a stationary obstacle than a moving one.

Additionally, the stewards are handing an official warning to both drivers for general behaviour. The stewards enquiries are made for objective discussion and the only essential job of the drivers is to make their statements about how they viewed the situation and to provide any evidence. Starting a personal discussion is not constructive and to an extent it would have been better that the conversation was kept private instead of dragging it into the public forums. Unless it is strictly related to the enquiry like extra evidence or POVs.

@ATOMiK029 @Natnat @Ben Gason @StephenCarry

Status
Not open for further replies.