Jezza

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 8, 2017
League: GTE Round 6
Date: 10/02/20
Members Involved: Luca Laudato and Philip Schiff
Lap & Corner: Lap 6; Corner 5
Description:
Luca Laudato dives my inside and spins me causing multiple cars to collide and ending my race.

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
@Luca Laudato do you want to share your view of the incident?

Merlin Cooper

GP2 2nd Driver
Nov 2, 2017
Due to being involved and affected by the incident I'm giving my two cents to this incident.

After car#276 (@Luca Laudato) was turned by the car behind him his car stopped just at the racing line at the apex. Had not enough reaction time to stop my car after I turned not seeing the incident in the front at all because it was (a) covered by the a-pillar and (b) by by car#203 (Jon Halliwell) (see original view from VR)

As a consequence I t-boned (@Jezza) causing severe damage to my car (and very likely to his car) - can was roughly 1-2 seconds of normal pace (3min+ optionals).

From my point of view a good ("bad") example how an overeager move could cause further damage, or if it gets worse a big pile-up.

EDIT: @Jezza: Very likely the contact with me caused the damage on your car which ended your race - sorry for that. But there was no way for me to avoid the contact. Pretty sure that stewards will differentiate betweeen cause and effect.

Last edited:

Luca Laudato

Semi-Pro Karter
May 10, 2019
hi all,I saw Philip getting wide in the corner and I took the inside at some point Philip loose the rear but I haven't experienced any contact with his car as you clearly can see from the FR view neither I got any inc.

Merlin Cooper

GP2 2nd Driver
Nov 2, 2017
Well there might be a net-code involved. But even if that was not the case where do you see a car width available at the inside? Squeezing into a gap which is not there is one contributor for most incidents.

Furthermore my understanding is that you have to be alongside before the brake point otherwise the car in front has the right to go for the apex which he did. In that case you haven't been alongside at all. A cockpit view (or better telemetry) from @Jezza would help to show whether he lost the rear or not - if he didn't ' go back an throttle, shift down or increased brake pressure suddenly it's unlikely to loose the rear there.

Last edited:

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hey @Mike96 , as per the rules only the drivers involved in the incident can comment on the enquiry. I am afraid I have had to remove your reply. Luca can provide further insights himself if he considers it necessary.

Mike96

Pro Karter
May 7, 2019
Hey @Mike96 , as per the rules only the drivers involved in the incident can comment on the enquiry. I am afraid I have had to remove your reply. Luca can provide further insights himself if he considers it necessary.
Yeah i know, but i helped @Luca Laudato with english, just for it, not for plaint or other

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Laudato receives a 10 second time penalty for causing a collision. Laudato was not far enough alongside to claim the inside into that corner. Besides, we don't feel the netcode between the cars was a factor in this incident. Even without the netcode it would have still resulted in contact most likely and being this close to the rear of the other car can always result in netcode contact, so that should be kept in mind.

@Merlin Cooper @Luca Laudato @Jezza

Status
Not open for further replies.