GTE League - R6 - Lawrenson and Schmidt | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GTE League - R6 - Lawrenson and Schmidt

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Status
Not open for further replies.

runasc26

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 10, 2017
League: GTE Round 6
Date: 10/02/20
Members Involved: Alfie Lawrenson and Alex Schmidt
Lap & Corner: Lap 36; Corner 10
Description:
Alfie sends it into T10 while being 3 tenths behind me. He braked at the 100 meter board which is way to late. There is no way he would make the corner in without pushing me off and giving me damage. That also resulted in a slowdown of 1.3 seconds what cost me the position to Martin/P10 overall and gave me damage. You might want to consider a time penatly for that because we where fighting for a podium there.

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
@Latsero do you want to share your view on the incident?

Latsero

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 22, 2017
we werent "fighting" for a podium, i was much quicker than you after accidently changing tyres, and you didnt lose any positions in proam after i overtook

runasc26

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 10, 2017
I was in a podium place so we where fighting for position at that time. That you changed tyres and had worse track postion then me is not my issue and doesnt justify a really bad overtaking attempt, there is no way that you could make that move without pushing me off the track. In theory you could just wait for a sector behind me and pass me on the long straight considering you where way quicker then me ;). Losing the position to martin with that damage that cost me around a second per lap and the slowdown is actually important for the team championship, since martin got swapped to the main CRG team before that round as far as I am aware.

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
We have decided to give Lawrenson a 10 second time penalty, as he was not far enough alongside to claim the inside of the corner.

This is the 3rd reprimand for Lawrenson, so he will need to start from the pit lane in the next race he attends.

@runasc26 @Latsero

Status
Not open for further replies.