GTE League S9 - Round 2 - van Eijk & Hooper | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GTE League S9 - Round 2 - van Eijk & Hooper

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
League: GTE League Season 9, Round 2
Date:
14/02/20
Members Involved:
@Argon (Koen van Eijk #318), @Hooper (Tom Hooper #232)
Lap & Corner:
Lap 4, Turn 1
Description: After serving a slowdown penalty on the back straight I got from the esses, Hooper ended up close behind me into the last turn. He had a better run onto the straight and attempted to overtake me into turn 1, but he lost the car under braking and spun into my car (I did leave space on the inside). I had severe damage afterwards (11 minutes) which meant my race was over. I don't know if perhaps Tom wasn't happy with me slotting back in ahead and if that had anything to do with it (as he flashed his lights), but I wanted to include the events leading up to it as well.

It goes without saying, but I will not take part in this inquiry as a steward.

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
@Hooper do you want to share your view on the incident?

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Not a lot to add. Wasn't too happy about Koen holding me up after I was right behind the train of cars that passed him, made me lose a lot of time but I guess we can't really blame that on him. Flashed my lights in the heat of the moment due to being annoyed because of this. I'm aware of the rules around blinking lights and I realised my mistake. For the actual contact I tried to outbrake him into T1 as I felt he held me up enough through the chicane and last turn, lost a lot of time to the train ahead, but as mentioned most of this was just me being annoyed in the heat of the moment. I think I just slightly locked my rears into T1, tried to save it but the Ferrari being a Ferrari, I just lost it without being able to catch it. Then there was obviously the contact which I couldn't do a lot about.

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
I would have let you go as well if were not for me having a decent chance of being promoted to pro-am with the pace I had. I know we are allowed to fight anyone in any class, but in this case I actually had something to lose/gain.

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
We have decided to give Hooper a reprimand for the incident and a warning for flashing his lights. We understand it was an unfortunate incident, but he should have been more careful under braking.

@Argon @Hooper

Status
Not open for further replies.